It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grilled Shrimp and Spinach Salad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I thought I would share this recipe. We are very fond of shrimp, so we tend to buy a 1/2lb here and a 1/2lb there and when we get a couple of pounds, we do something with them. As yesterday was Chiefs playoff day, I suggested we do some kind of grill thing with them. Shrimp skewers of some sort. And after some poking around on the Internet, I found this recipe for a salad.

You make a simple vinaigrette to marinate your shrimp and toss with your salad out of basil, raspberry vinegar, garlic, and few other seasonings. Use fresh basil and you kitchen smells like all kinds of awesome.

Then you make a simple toss salad with thin sliced red onion, mango and fresh leaf spinach. Toss that with some of your vinaigrette.

Meanwhile, you need to grill your skewered shrimp. This is the hardest part because you can go from undercooked shrimp to rubbery overcooked ones really fast!

You will eventually serve your grilled shrimp on a bed of the tossed salad along with some fresh raspberries and crumbled goat cheese and you should have made enough of the vinaigrette to add more if you like. It wasn't until the game was almost over that I realize that the red raspberries and golden mango made our choice the ultimate Chiefs "tailgate" after all!

However, we both agreed that the flavors just went together really, really well, so I think this recipe will absolutely go into our binder to be used again in the future.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
You had me at shrimp!

I would send this to my friend but she wouldn't be able to fix it. Her husband is allergic to shrimp. *Huge sad face*

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I think at the bottom it suggests doing it with chicken breast instead.

yep:

Tropical Spinach Salad with Grilled Chicken: Omit skewers. Substitute 2 lb. skinned and boned chicken breasts for shrimp. Prepare recipe as directed, increasing grill time to 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until done. Let chicken stand 10 minutes; slice and serve as directed.

edit on 10-1-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Hey, that would work. I'll send it anyway. It sounds tasty.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

You had me at goat cheese, raspberries and mango...Yum!

I am so finished with heavy meals had during the Holidays. This sounds delicious.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Ooooh, that sounds good.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
You had me at have my wife make this for me ...... Oh you didn't say that? damn, guess I will have to make it myself

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Sounds yummalicious. I love to eat the shrimp with the shell on except the head.
Here's something else to make with spinach. I call it Dr Seuss breakfast. Green eggs and ham or rather bacon.
Use a blender or whizz stick to blend up spinach and eggs into a amazing green slush. Scramble this mix then fry or grill the bacon and make toast gluten free of course. I would not could not eat glut bread as my daughter calls it, must be gluten free. Can not post photo sorry but add this to your spinach recipes.

edit on 10-1-2016 by Cloudbuster because: Added some extra words. So what.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

top topics

join