It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be The Magic...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
a reply to: nonspecific

I'm about to go to work, just had to call out your sloppy reasoning. It was bothering me. Good day!

Ok be sure to have a good day.

I am sorry that you bought a few books hoping for a quick fix and it did not work out the way you intended.

Calling my reasoning sloppy and then claiming to be too busy to continue sounds an afwul lot like a hit and run gone wrong but thats just my perspective on that.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I am sorry that you bought a few books hoping for a quick fix and it did not work out the way you intended.

More assumptions.

Calling my reasoning sloppy and then claiming to be too busy to continue sounds an afwul lot like a hit and run gone wrong but thats just my perspective on that.

I get it. You have nothing so want to put me on the defensive. It's weak, but at least it's obvious!

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

More assumptions.

I get it. You have nothing so want to put me on the defensive. It's weak, but at least it's obvious!

Oh come now you will be late for work.

Feel free to discuss this later like a rational openminded adult though, you call my reasoning sloppy and think that your opinion matters.

Talk about the op and the subject in hand or leave it be, this is derailing the OP's thread now.

We disagree, everyone gets that.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Feel free to discuss this later like a rational openminded adult though, you call my reasoning sloppy and think that your opinion matters.

Continue to talk about a subject with a manipulative, self-important individual? No thank you!

Very good.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Continue to talk about a subject with a manipulative, self-important individual? No thank you!

Very good.

Ok goodbye then.

Edit: Sorry about that op will no longer bite

edit on 10/1/2016 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Magic is the ability to change the course of a river. Magic does not create the river, it only changes its path. Our expectations in life are the present path of the river. We must change our expectations, if we want to change the course of our life. This is not easy, because it requires one to be truthful and honest with themselves. Else the river will go back to the path it knows so well.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

"I only let the bird fly, i can't determine where it lands"
a reply to: Peeple

Yes,what you said above, that is exactly what I talk about when I speak of True Magic. We can't really control it.
Once we try to control or manipulate it, I feel we turn it into False Magic. Even though there are those who use False Magic with good intentions. I'm simply putting my own labels on them. So I am not saying False magic is all bad either. I personally just think overall, that True magic is much more powerful and real and lasting.

leolady

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: leolady

My only comment is that what you are reading (and quoting) is putting you completely off track. I am also a bit puzzled that you are bringing "stage magic" (Sleight of hand/ prestidigitation) to the discussion.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: pl3bscheese
a reply to: nonspecific

"Mind over Matter" comes to mind.

Can we influence outcomes? Which goes against quantum physics or does it?

You must already have realised that magic and Quantum Mechanics have a thing or two in common. In Quantum Mechanics , if you look for a wave you will see a wave and if you look for a particle you will see a particle. Same applies to magic ; it is the Will bending the wave/matter substance.

Yes, you can influence outcomes.

edit on 10-1-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Reading the definition of True Magic in the OP I realize that the only magic I was ever able to perform was loving someone. It's invisible, needs no gadgets, it changed me in incredible ways and passed over to somebody else.
And I also realize that love is probably the most magic thing we all have access to, one of our greatest powers but we trivialize it and go on searching for some material benefits.
Nice OP, even if I'm not an insider. S&F.
edit on 10-1-2016 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

We sometimes unknowingly project/radiate [consciously or unconsciously] that which we receive. Negative or Positive vibes are sent then received. Incantation/Spells/Charms etc?
a reply to: SLAYER69

Yes, I agree, What we project or radiate becomes the incantation or spell or charm. & the catcher on this one is that we do it UN-consciously. So in this scenario we are not actively or knowingly trying to manipulate the vibes we send or receive so would it be listed under my label of True magic ?

leolady

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: crowdedskies

What I was reading/quoting and discussions I've had in my personal life made me think about posting the thread. I'm not off track, because it is my track.

I bring up stage magic to use as an example of my label, False Magic. For the purpose of my thread, false magic where we feel that we must use another person or object to create magic for us... when in fact we all have magic inside us.

So my intent was to look at experiences of others which could of been considered Magic. Which category did their experience(s) fall into ? False or True ?

How did a False Magical experience or a True Magical experience differ in feeling to them ?

Did anyone feel they had the occurrence of one or both in their lives and could they recount steps 1 through 4 and tell us the difference in how each (False vs True) made them feel differently between the two. Were there any differences in how they felt between the magic's created when following my labels of True magic and False magic.

leolady

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
originally posted by: leolady

I bring up stage magic to use as an example of my label, False Magic. For the purpose of my thread, false magic where we feel that we must use another person or object to create magic for us... when in fact we all have magic inside us.

OK , if just an illustration of false magic

So my intent was to look at experiences of others which could of been considered Magic. Which category did their experience(s) fall into ? False or True ?

Your categories of True Magic and False Magic are totally incorrect. Therefore , it is difficult for people to relate their experiences and categorise them into your two divisions.

TRUE Magic
1) True Magic only occurs when it affects you first and
2) then and only then can it be transfered on to another... and it is
3) invisible in nature. We can not see it, I suppose we feel it.
4) For magic isn't whole or real if we must prove it to someone.
In otherwords... We can not define magic, it just is and it just happens

I do not agree with any of the above points. They give a totally incorrect view of magic

FALSE Magic
What about all the magic imagery/objects we are so used to ?
a. magic wands
b. magic books / spells
c. magic wizards
d. magical crystal balls

I do not agree with the above points. Spells are for witchcraft. In magic , Seals and Sigils are used and they are very powerful - used by those who have already achieved much progress.
Magic wands are just one of many "tuning-in" devices used by magicians.
Although Crystal balls are associated with charlatans, fake gypsy fortune-tellers, etc , The magicians does not use them. They use a different systerm for remote viewing.

In short, what I am trying to say is that any real practical magic ( where object and other people are affected) that ATS members have experienced is unlikely to fall into your two categories. Hence you will have zero feedback on real magic.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I was interested in a point you made yet struggled to take it from your quote directly.

"Magic wands are just one of many "tuning-in" devices used by magicians. "

I have not heard this outside of a closed personal group of people and would like to agree with you.

My usual interpretation and practice has nothing to do with things and stuff. No need for material additions that have no purpose as it were.

I do however use "magic wands" in a sense.

I do not flail them about whilst chanting or give them any special reverance. They are simply a stick that I use to focus on a certain task, something to focus upon and use as a focal point for a certain task. They are disposable in the sense that after there use is expended they break and are yet again a bit of wood.

I would be interested in your views on this.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I do however use "magic wands" in a sense.

I do not flail them about whilst chanting or give them any special reverance. They are simply a stick that I use to focus on a certain task, something to focus upon and use as a focal point for a certain task. They are disposable in the sense that after there use is expended they break and are yet again a bit of wood.

I would be interested in your views on this.

Agree. You might just as well use your index finger.

The wand itself is a good representation of the fire element . However, I do agree with you view that it can also be used to focus (a kind of pointing device).

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Your categories of True Magic and False Magic are totally incorrect. Therefore , it is difficult for people to relate their experiences and categorise them into your two divisions.

ATS members have experienced is unlikely to fall into your two categories. Hence you will have zero feedback on real magic.

All right so you don't think the two categories I've posed for purposes of the thread are valid and that they are "incorrect" and I value your input for the sake of seeking all input into the thread and seeing all points of view. It sounds to me like you don't relate to what I am bringing up and that is ok, I am not at all offended.

But having said that I do not believe that you speak for everyone else on ATS as mentioned. We all have our own views.

leolady

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteHat

I agree that Love would fit the category of True Magic. I agree 100% with that.

Insider ? What is your definition of an insider ?

leolady

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: leolady

All right so you don't think the two categories I've posed for purposes of the thread are valid and that they are "incorrect" and I value your input for the sake of seeking all input into the thread and seeing all points of view. It sounds to me like you don't relate to what I am bringing up and that is ok, I am not at all offended.

But having said that I do not believe that you speak for everyone else on ATS as mentioned. We all have our own views.

leolady

It seems that you are investigating magic. However, by limiting responses to your idea of True and False magic , it narrows down the responses to only those who have not been able to influence objects and people by magic.

Those who have been able to affect objects and people directly by magic have no category to put their experience in. The OP effectively excludes them

You are entitled to your views and beliefs.

I am flattered that you think I do not represent the people on ATS

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join