It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the crap hit the fan, would YOU help others or only YOURSELF/family?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
We are living during an interesting day and age. Many feel at any time our economy could crash, we could go to war with Russia or China, martial law or riots could break out soon, etc. There may be some here who lived during the great depression. (I haven't) But I have read about the soup lines. how people would leave a bucket of leftovers outside, or others would allow some to work in their gardens and take food home. There were many people who helped one another. I would like to believe the same would happen today, I said 'LIKE'.
But if you had very little food and strangers were asking you for food, would you share? Would you kill someone who hopped your fence to take an orange from a tree? If you had a stockpile, would you go out of your way to help those who didn't?

I am curious to know, how many people would truly care about helping mankind. I'm sure there are some places people would eat each other alive, or they would form groups of like minded people and kill those who were in their way/ didn't belong.

What would you do?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: shinethelight

What would you do?

Matthew 7:12

The Golden Rule
12 “So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: shinethelight

i wouldn't be in any position to help myself let alone anyone else.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I will tell what I would do here...

If someone stole anything from me or tried to hurt me, while I would defend myself I don't believe I could ever shoot to kill. My husband says he would to defend his family, but I don't think I could ever take someone's life.

I would network with my neighbors to hunt together, find water together, pray and stay together.

I wouldn't ransack stores or peoples houses for food/supplies. If the place is abandoned and I don't have anything, than that's another story.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I'd let everyone fight and kill themselves, then go in and loot all their stuff.

Let the wolves take down the elk. I'll take the left overs.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Well I would have to go into work and fortify it so I could make sure my guys I look after would be okay.
I wouldn't be able to live with myself If I just left them.
My family are more able then them so...
Oddly enough a month or so back I asked what the protcol would be and they do not have one so I brought it up in a staff meeting and got laughed at by everyone but my boss who said she will bring it up at her next managers meeting.
edit on 9-1-2016 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: wigadidga

No hunting skills, medical experience, or plant/herb knowledge? You would be surprised by networking with others how much of an asset you might be. Even the ability to help with cutting trees, building a fire, or carrying supplies, you could really help.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I'm trying not to laugh at this. Very smart idea.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
If karma is a true consideration of many then it makes sense to 1...

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Do you work at a retirement home? Not trying to be a smart butt, just asking.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Nah I look after people with learning disability's and challenging behavior.
People with autism etc.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13
True, but it doesn't mean everyone will treat you as you want to be treated. Would you turn the cheek, let others steal from you?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Others...hands down...and my family would want me to.That's why I'm a 1st Responder....I'd send my family off in hopes we'd meet on down the road.

Its what I'm born and trained to do...so I will...
edit on 9-1-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

My plan for the SHTF scenario is to shelter in place and if I don't make it I am okay with that, however, I would concentrate on helping my daughter and her friends survive. I don't really have any stockpiles to speak of, but I do have the means to defend myself and my family.

As long as the human race survives I am at peace.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Oh, I gotch ya. You must be a patient and caring type. Good for you! God bless you at your work. I have a child with asperger's. Your up for those challenges that some don't have the ability or gifted patience to work with. Way to go!

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

a reply to: wigadidga

No hunting skills, medical experience, or plant/herb knowledge? You would be surprised by networking with others how much of an asset you might be. Even the ability to help with cutting trees, building a fire, or carrying supplies, you could really help.

Oh I could help ,but honestly if the shi hit the fan I wouldn't want to. I have 0 interest in life after the fan..

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

a reply to: Ophiuchus 13
True, but it doesn't mean everyone will treat you as you want to be treated. Would you turn the cheek, let others steal from you?

I will reflect like mirror the energies projected upon "WE"

Its very simple. As far as releasing any actual survival plan on the interwebs that would be

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Others...hands down...and my family would want me to.That's why I'm a 1st Responder....I'd send my family off in hopes we'd meet on down the road.

Its what I'm born and trained to do...so I will...

With people like you we will survive.
Unless it is zombies because 1st responders will get bit first

edit on 9-1-2016 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
If it was truly a shtf scenario; you wouldn't get the chance to help others because in their desperation they would have already
killed you and taken what they needed, or you would have killed them and wait in fear for the next gang. Chaos, Anarchy will turn people into brutal animals; only interested in survival. Morality and compassion will be the first thing to leave the human psyche once they get hungry.

Should be fun.....
edit on 9-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

True dat! If your a first responder it's gotta be in your heart. My cousin does that and tells me so many stories, burn out can be the norm for many. That's amazing that your family would want you out while they hunker down.

It's uplifting to hear others truly wanting to help others besides themselves.

I gotta stop listening to the news on tv, never hear about mankind doing selfless deeds.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join