It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Vanilla ISIS"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
With the militia in Oregon making an armed stand on federal property, we get the absurd question from the media and its acolytes “What if they were black?” or “What if they were Muslim?” revealing their own desire for racism in the process. Of course, what these credulous followers do next is defer to their imaginations, to work out this ridiculous racist hypothetical, forgetting at once the concrete people and communities involved in favor of abstract worlds and abstract people. From this they have taken the first steps to justifying the state abuse of power: brand these people terrorists so we can treat them like terrorists.

And so what if they were black or muslim? If they had come to protest in solidarity with the people who, like them, had a similar but threatened way of life, had lived as locals in that area for a century or more, called it home, peacefully tending their ranches and community as they saw fit during that time, and decided to protest, without shedding a drop of blood, the government’s policies and treatment in regards to the land they have the most vested interest in, then I would be all for it no matter the skin color or religion. Call me an apologist for terrorists if it make you feel good. I rather think it is the other way around. But given your argument in favor of branding these people terrorists, thereby justifying the consequences of such a label, and given that the skin color, culture, and religion of these people is of your primary concern, complete with the dehumanizing criticism of these people's livelihood, your racism and discrimination once again becomes apparent.

Yes; what if these protesters were black or Muslim? or Chinese for that matter? Natives? Would you still denounce them as terrorists? Would you still make a fluff about their actions, knowing that these protesters are sticking up for their way of life and for the locals from an indifferent government, whom has as much vested interest in this area as you and I? which is to say, very very little?

Would you see them jailed? Gunned down maybe? Hung from the gallows?

Look at the blood of the innocents. Look at the body count. How many shots have been fired? How many people are conspiring to commit acts of terrorism? Tell me exactly for what abstract reason you would brand these folks, innocent of any crime against humanity or other people’s freedoms, and who are actually protesting in favor of other people’s freedoms at their own peril peacefully, are terrorists.

Whether right or wrong, comparing these ranchers protesting the management of their environment and livelihood by the government to the murderous barbarity of ISIS or terrorism or thugs is absurd. And to side with the state, of all horrible things, over the people who protest over the properties, communities and environments within which they live and live out their lives, is even worse.

LesMis

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Whether right or wrong, comparing these ranchers protesting the management of their environment and livelihood by the government to the murderous barbarity of ISIS or terrorism or thugs is absurd. And to side with the state, of all horrible things, over the people who protest over the properties, communities and environments within which they live and live out their lives, is even worse.

That is an excellent point and very well made,
Thank you
S&F

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope
Early on in this I responded to a thread on this where I said I did not consider them terrorists. Color of skin, religion...same place, same situation, still no.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Bravo, you forgot to mention the dirtiest label the Left brands their victims with, those people might be......Christian.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The Philadelphia-based black liberation group, MOVE protested for civil rights, racism, police brutality and other issues.

They were Bombed. 65 houses blown up to crumbles.

Its evident white people in America are treated differently by the media because America is prominently white, and if they start treating you like the rest of them, its harder to justify and will become evident that that he estalishment are standing for nobody, not even the immigrant/native white Americans.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
As long as no one gets shot, killed or threats on surrounding citizens...you can call it what you want but it definitely has nothing to do with racism, religion, or terrorism. This is a merely a guarded protest by a local group of people standing up for what they believe in.

we get the absurd question from the media and its acolytes “What if they were black?” or “What if they were Muslim?”

Comparing these guys to a 'vanilla ISIS' is totally absurd and out of context. The media is once again trying to use mind control on its own people to follow someone's political agenda...my intuition is leading to an Obama plan hidden from society.

Media tells maybe only HALF of the real story but then twist the facts around and bring in extraneous examples of 'what if...? b-s@%t statements.

The best media is right from the source where YOU go and decide for yourself as a proud citizen and local taxpayer. Then vote on it like a true American should about what to do with the land that YOU paid for.

*respect*

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Oh rubbish! If they were Black people would be calling for their heads no matter what they stood for.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Apparently, we live in a world of two standards. One for ourselves and one for the 'rest'.

In between the two, lines blur.

From a gov't viewpoint, any 'non-compliance' is, if not outright terrorism/sedition, at least in the same area code, laden with potential. Armed individuals stress that 'potential'.

The media has already selected the 'them' and the 'we'. The Oregon protesters are 'them'.

There is no end to it.

edit on 9-1-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Media didn't coin Vanillia ISIS or YallQaeda, regular people did. They're mocking them, it's a laughingstock thing.

I personally prefer YallQaeda, it's got a much funnier ring to it.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: n00bUK
The Philadelphia-based black liberation group, MOVE protested for civil rights, racism, police brutality and other issues.

They were Bombed. 65 houses blown up to crumbles.

Its evident white people in America are treated differently by the media because America is prominently white, and if they start treating you like the rest of them, its harder to justify and will become evident that that he estalishment are standing for nobody, not even the immigrant/native white Americans.

Not quite.
The bomb was dropped on a fortified emplacement on the roof.
It started a fire and that burned 65 houses.

In 1981, MOVE relocated to a row house at 6221 Osage Avenue in the Cobbs Creek area of West Philadelphia. After the move, neighbors complained for years that MOVE members were broadcasting political messages by bullhorn at all hours and also about the health hazards created from piles ofcompost. After the complaints as well asindictments of numerous[quantify] MOVE members for crimes including parole violations, contempt of court, illegal possession of firearms, and making terrorist threats,[1] then-Mayor W. Wilson Goode and police commissioner Gregore J. Sambor had begun classifying MOVE as a terrorist organization.

Sounds different than the way you told the story.
Nieghborhood was complaining about them to begin with, and rightfully so.

On May 13, 1985, the police, along with city manager Leo Brooks, arrived in force with arrest warrants and attempted to clear the building and arrest the indicted MOVE members.[15] This led to an armed standoffwith police,[16] who lobbed tear gas canisters at the building. MOVE members fired at the police, who returned fire with automatic weapons.[17] Commissioner Sambor then ordered that the compound be bombed.[17]From a Pennsylvania State Police helicopter,Philadelphia Police Department Lt. Frank Powell proceeded to drop two one-pound bombs (which the police referred to as "entry devices"[15]) made of FBI-supplied water gel explosive, a dynamite substitute, targeting a fortified, bunker-like cubicle on the roof of the house.[1]

So, they were shooting at the police... sounds like peaceful demonstrators.
Shooting at police with automatic weapons. Nice.
They lived in filth and blared their speeches over loudspeakers day and night.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
As long as no one gets shot, killed or threats on surrounding citizens...you can call it what you want but it definitely has nothing to do with racism, religion, or terrorism. This is a merely a guarded protest by a local group of people standing up for what they believe in.

*respect*

Over the last 30 years 90 percent of high school or school shootings were the result of white males. I'm pretty sure non were labelled as terrorism yet people loosely fit the criteria of mass shooting dependent on colour & religion, the recent "muslim" mass shooting is proof of that.

Institutional racism and white privilege is still alive in america. White individuals made up 70% of arrests for crimes in 2011, yet Black men still accounted for the majority of the prison population. Black, Hispanic and any other none-white is plagued by media bias which picks and chooses who is a thug, who is a terrorist and who is somebody just having a bad day or has mental problems.

This thread is in fact b/s and the exact reason why I don't visit this #ty place no more. You right-biased-selfish-borderline racists have gone and #ed up this whole site with your absolute bollox.

No doubt you guys are voting for the Führer trump. Putting The Führer Trump in charge of America with its current political and social climate is like adding Cyanide salts to acid.

I can see you all now, hand in the air raised above you head slightly in a pointing position, hailing The Führer. small tash's and team america tattoo'd on your foreheads. Merica yeah, # islam and black people ye, lets go bomb' em ye pew pew pew baang. 'Merica ye woo

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: n00bUK

It's not about skin color as much as you want to try. It's about holding the same standards for everyone, not just groups you prefer.

link   

Your post is as racist any I've seen.

link   
They've illegally taken over a National park due to there radical political views and are threatening violence if the authorities intervene... How is that not an act of terrorism? They've also now stolen government vehicles that were at the refuge, so there also now petty armed thieves.

National parks are for everyone to enjoy for many generations to come... there actually one of the most magnificent creations of the US government, since countries all over the world now have them and its guaranteed the survival of pristine environments and wildlife all over the world.

Yet these fools are claiming National parks are illegal and demanding the federal government hands over the land to ranchers for logging and herding cattle.

Anyone who sympathizes with these criminals is advocating stealing your children's birth right to observe there land in its natural state.

There not for 'all' the people... they're only for a few freeloading ranchers who want to take by force what doesn't belong to them.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Are you scared because you've felt the wrath of these people? Or because you're told to be? They aren't threatening to harm innocents. They're practicing civil disobedience, not terrorism.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
And you consider men standing up for all citizens' rights under the law of the land as funny?
Why would you call them nasty names associated with terrorists when they have displayed none of the characteristics of terrorism? Why would you mock people who stand up for their beliefs? Those who go beyond being keyboard warriors are somehow dumb and dangerous?
Is what the government has done to the ranchers just dandy with you? Will it be just dandy with you when it happens to you or members of your family?
What action by the government would be enough to get you out and about? Taking your family members to jail? Taking their homes for some perceived violations of a federal government regulation? Or would you continue to stare at the screen and say, "It's the government, they probably know best."?

While these guys may not be conducting this protest the way some think they should do, they have been successful in bringing the problem to the attention of the nation. How many major networks even reported on the rally that preceded the "occupation"? Would the majority of the US even know of this travesty had they done what they have done?
To me this protest is bringing attention to a subject that needs to brought out into the sunshine and the abuses stopped. Contrary to msm claims, it was not a violent take-over. Nobody has been threatened, nobody has been shot, nobody has been abused, no buildings have been vandalized.
An armed populace is a polite populace. This is a pretty fair example of that old axiom.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I don't agree with there cause, there essentially trying to rob all of the American people for the benefit of a few ranchers.

Fear has nothing to do with it.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
@Butcher that's because the police treat them different from the start of the protest mate. also, lets not forget black wall street which was burned to the ground as well

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

It's not about skin color as much as you want to try. It's about holding the same standards for everyone, not just groups you prefer.

I'm not trying to do anything, I live in the UK - its like heaven over here compared to America. We're about 100 years in front of you in the aspect of understanding human relations.

Im pointing out what the world thinks of america. Outside your bubble, the world is laughing at you.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

The bomb was dropped on a fortified emplacement on the roof.
It started a fire and that burned 65 houses.

Convenient, the police let the hood burn. It was a reprisal for making a stand, any stand, in the land of the free.

You could try to convince me how the SLA, MOVE and WACO weren't burned to the ground on purpose. But I wouldn't listen. Thats three for three raging, hideous infernos.

Remember the LA cop? They burned him alive, too.

Why the MOVE bombing is so relevant today

" Let the Fire Burn"

edit on 9-1-2016 by intrptr because: links

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

It doesn't matter if we agree or not. These people have a right to air their grievances peacefully, and since that's what they are doing, they are not terrorists.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join