It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Correctness is Going to Destroy US

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

It's displaying the primary issue. Most people are not quite sure what PC is.
edit on 10/1/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: N/A

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
It destroyed ATS a long time ago. I have threads removed all the time for merely asking questions about racism. QUESTIONS, not comments. One big reason that I don't come on here much anymore. When a handfulof overly PC mods have free reign its time to start a new conspiracy site where adults can be adults.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
A bit of Jim Davidson on PC.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
There is nothing wrong with the desire to make people behave civil to each other but the extreme PC defenders will tell you that an orange is an apple, even if you can see and taste the orange and if you point this out, they will tear you apart with childish one liners. This confuses people but they are not allowed to discuss this confusion.

The extreme PC crowd behave like the worst fascists, they say that they have compassion for humans, but they don't. There is no insight of their hypocrisy when they insult others [human beings] in a way they would get their knickers in a twist if you'd say the same to their perceived victims.

We are not allowed to form an opinion based on experience or actual facts, yet the PC brigade is allowed to do exactly that!

I am not allowed to say anything bad about minorities because they tell me that not all are bad. This is a good thing right?
But the PC brigade are allowed to assume EVERYONE with questions is a racist. By their logic they should see that not all of us are racists...

Imagine me talking to a muslim or black person the way the PC crowd talks to normal people who do no harm. Wow, if that was the case, I would actually allow them to call me racist or bigoted. They are persecuting a whole range of humans and happily treat them like s^it.

All I can conclude from that is that people are not equal after all. Only minorities are worthy of respect and politeness and only non white people are allowed to keep their culture, the rest can go and die. Which is incredibly narrow minded and bigoted IMO.

Surely a better way would be to hear the others out, try and see their point and educate them intelligently if they are wrong.
But that would involve actual discussion and they may find out that others may have a point. It seems easier to stick their fingers into their ears and shout insults, like kids on the playground.

Hypocrites!

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I pretty much keep to myself.
I don't hurt anyone.
I don't tell people how to live.
And I surely don't want people telling me how to live.

Most PC people I've come in contact with like to try and entice arguments which is why I stick to myself.

I can be respectful when the same level of respect is shown to me.

I also switched from cable to satellite in 2001 to reduce commercials and mindless programming. In 2008 I got rid of that and no longer watch tv unless its streamed with no commercials.

I got too bored before allowing television to program me.
edit on 10-1-2016 by Babalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Here are some more good reasons why political correctness is so corrosive. It undermines the very foundations of liberty and teaches you not to be a free person in a free society. It also trains you to accept the decisions of arbitrary authority rather than teaching you how to trust yourself and makes you believe there is some mythical right not to ever be offended which is also antithetical to liberty and free speech. You can never, no matter how politically correct you think you are, guarantee that you won't offend someone somewhere and make them a victim and yourself an evil, oppressive aggressor.

edit on 10-1-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Or we can limit our vocabulary to a few hundred words like in 1984 to create less waves, dissent and to protect those who are severely injured by articulated insults.

/s

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

But Newspeak was always so positive! Nothing was ever bad. There was no word for that. It was just ungood which is really still good.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The problems arise in the SRM (Self Righteous Minority).
They latched on to PC and took it to levels that suit their own service-to-self, needy and greedy principles.
It is an 80/20 rule in actuality. 20% of the population that causes 80% of the problems.
edit on 10-1-2016 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I DON'T want to go back to a time when people used the n-word, and made racial slurs about every single nationality, skin color, or personal conviction that differed from your own. Those were indeed, times of pervasive ignorance.

I hated that. I still do and won't subject myself to associations with those rude and crude people.

At the same time, information can and should be discussed in a factual way, without being victimized by those who can't bear to hear the truth because it's so unacceptable to their way of thinking, or who are just looking for someone to start a fight with.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The ability to draw rational conclusions is diminishing. People take offense to things because they don't understand.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Yes, but I think most people were starting to get the idea that racial slurs were bad before PC become part of our collective consciousness in society.

I was raised to know those were things you just didn't say before PC. So this idea that getting rid of PC would just unleash the n word everywhere is patently false.

edit on 10-1-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Noobarino

Alarmists could also destroy the U.S.

Sure PC is well and truly out of control but maybe sometimes it has had a positive effect as some derogatory terms relating to race or sexuality are no longer acceptable. However the PC Police need to realize that there are words that aptly describe certain folk-such as idiot and it's vulgar cousins.

There is a fine line between hurtful and truthful and I guess that line is drawn by the people on the receiving end.

edit on 10-1-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I think the most irritating thing about PC is that one is constantly labeled TROLL, BIGOT, etc., simply for having a different opinion.

There's far too much indiscriminate use of these labels.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yes, but I think most people were starting to get the idea that racial slurs were bad before PC become part of our collective consciousness in society.

I was raised to know those were things you just didn't say before PC. So this idea that getting rid of PC would just unleash the n word everywhere is patently false.

Oh yeah, I agree, I mean - I don't think people would go back to those ignorant days. But because we didn't use the term "PC" doesn't mean it wasn't. That's precisely what it was. But it's taken on a life of it's own now, although there are more positive things about it than bad. It becomes bad (ungood) when language is prohibitive to the point that one censors one's own thoughts or fails to express the facts of a particular situation due to fear of ridicule or punishment.

I think the country is going through 'growing pains" with this, in determining what is truly painful and obnoxious, versus when simple facts piss off a few demographics.
edit on 1/10/2016 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
A bit of a video hyperbole on PC

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I wish I could swear on ATS, really get offensive on some people

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
AS an example - if I should say "we have a problem in Chicago with black youths killing other black youths".

Or" Sweden has a problem with Arabic immigrants sexually assaulting women".

Those are facts and yet, hearing them angers people, so to be PC I would have to say

"we have a problem in Chicago with youths killing other youths" and "Sweden has a problem with men raping women".

Which is fine EXCEPT for the important fact that in order to fully solve problems, we must first identify what the problem is.
edit on 1/10/2016 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

How about some immigrants - instead?

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

How about some immigrants - instead?

Works for me.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join