It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police stop rapper Blac Youngsta outside of Atlanta bank, take $100,000 from him

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Alternatively, could he not have asked for a temporary limit increase for his debit card?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I'm usually the last one to jump on the anti-cop bandwagon, but this time I may agree. This could have been handled better. I understand that there is a legit security concern at banks when these things happen (how many times to crooks try to get people to drain their bank accounts), but this was handled wrong. No need for cuffs. A discussion would have been appropriate.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
He will probably lose all his money trying to sue them. The government has written it into law to report people making large cash deposits and withdraws. Its all a part of the effort to stop drugs n terrorism. Right.....

Remember what happened to Wachovia bank when it was discovered they were laundering drug money?
They paid a fine that was less than the amount they made doing the laundering.
No one from the bank was charged with any crime.
If you or I were to go to the bank and take out 10G and police found a couple old cell phones we'd be charged with terrorism and sent up for 20 years.

Question: How do these lame ass rappers accumulate that kind of money?
edit on 9-1-2016 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

You can't take 200k out of a bank and not be flagged by the bank and police.

Fine it should be flagged I know that's the law, but why throw the person down at gunpoint and confiscate his money?

Why process his money as evidence? What was the charge, crime, evidence for what? Is it evidence that he took money out of his account?

What a crap system.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tompdx3
i'm sorry, but what a load of bs! He should sue the bank and the over the top employee who was totally out of line. You are wrong on your rules!! It's not like that in this country yet.a reply to: Bluntone22

The banks are required by federal law to report any suspicious activity to the federal goverment.
This much cash would be considered suspicious and would be reported.
The bank manager would report this to their supervisor and it moves up the food chain to the Feds.

The police have nothing to do with this however. How they became involved is another matter. The only way this man can have a lawsuit against the bank is if the bank called the police directly.
This story likely has a few missing details by both the "gangsta" and the police.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Ask white business owners, if you move amounts like this in cash, the police can do seize it because you are engaging in what they consider suspicious activity.

It's absolutely reprehensible, but the laws were written to make anyone who move cash in these amounts suspects.

edit on 9-1-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I cant even withdraw 5k cash from my bank without calling it in a day prior. If I make a scene and yell "give me my money!!" They will usually bring a manager to release it. Banks dont seem to like giving up the cash. I think it messes with their fractional reserves or something.

Did the manager get pissed that he/she was out the deposit?

Banks are sleezy. Wells Fargo... probably the sleeziest.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

There's the conspiratorial Marg we know and love!

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

It was handle wrong,

Federal Banking Rules on Withdrawing Large Sums of Cash

Federal law allows you to withdraw as much cash as you want from your bank accounts. It's your money, after all. Take out more than a certain amount, however, and the bank must report the withdrawal to the Internal Revenue Service, which might come around to inquire about why you need all that cash

finance.zacks.com...

Why did the manager have to call the local police obviously the rules are very clear when it comes to large amounts of money withdraw from personal accounts.

Something is fishy on this one.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Hey thanks my friend, but actually is laws about this things are handle after all.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: JDmOKI

You can't take 200k out of a bank and not be flagged by the bank and police.

Fine it should be flagged I know that's the law, but why throw the person down at gunpoint and confiscate his money?

Why process his money as evidence? What was the charge, crime, evidence for what? Is it evidence that he took money out of his account?

What a crap system.

It is absolutely crap, but I remember a story about a business locally that deals in cash because it's a retail. They were smaller, so they regularly moved amounts of cash above the limit considered the threshold and they got hit.

They can and do come in and attack anyone they want for dealing in too much cash if they decide to.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This was from another article on the subject.

The take down had nothing to do with the bank.

"Media was on scene to record the drama as police claimed that someone wrote a fraudulent check previously and they thought he was the suspect. Blac Youngsta stated, “They confused me but I’m legit.” While being detained Atlanta police took $100K in cash from the rapper while they were completing their investigation. When the police checked his account Blac Youngsta had $1.3 million deposited. Eventually police returned his money and issued an apology over the incident. Youngsta, “They couldn’t believe I was young, Black, handsome as hell and they couldn’t believe I was getting $200K out. I had my Rolex on with all the diamonds in it, all my rich stuff today.“

rollingout.com...
edit on 9-1-2016 by Bluntone22 because: Link

edit on 9-1-2016 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Ooh I see. So it wan't necessary to call the police. Yeah that's messed up. And just to clarify, I absolutely believe people should have access to their money, no matter the amount. I just thought it was common knowledge that anything over 10k would be flagged.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Thanks for the clarification, so the story is now different, it was an issue of mistake identity, how convenient.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

The only way this man can have a lawsuit against the bank is if the bank called the police directly.

Well then he is in for a good lawsuit...the bank manager called the police.

It happened at the Wells Fargo on the corner of Peachtree Drive and Piedmont Road. Atlanta Police said officers were requested at the location by the bank manager.

www.fox5atlanta.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Here is a good one. Police take down a man after he withdrew $200,000 of his own money from a bank. After the dust settles, he is cleared of any wrongdoing but the police still seize half his money???

I do not know, but the last time I looked, a black man with 200k in cash is against the law. I think 100k "Donation" to the police retirement fund was totally inline.

Warning Sarcasm

edit on 9-1-2016 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
He had to give the bank at least 24 hrs before withdrawing that much cash. Probably more time than that. They don't keep that much money in the vault just laying around.
Also anything over $5k is reported to the govt as suspicious activity.

5K? Ha You can enter in the US with $10,000 cash no questions. Can't imagine $5,000 withdrawal is sent to the government as suspicious activity. That is not that much money.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

The only way this man can have a lawsuit against the bank is if the bank called the police directly.

Well then he is in for a good lawsuit...the bank manager called the police.

It happened at the Wells Fargo on the corner of Peachtree Drive and Piedmont Road. Atlanta Police said officers were requested at the location by the bank manager.

www.fox5atlanta.com...

You may be right,
Depends on why they called the police. Fraudulent check is a good reason to call.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

originally posted by: Bluntone22
He had to give the bank at least 24 hrs before withdrawing that much cash. Probably more time than that. They don't keep that much money in the vault just laying around.
Also anything over $5k is reported to the govt as suspicious activity.

5K? Ha You can enter in the US with $10,000 cash no questions. Can't imagine $5,000 withdrawal is sent to the government as suspicious activity. That is not that much money.

Let me rephrase that one.
Anything over $5k is reported to upper management in the bank as possible suspicious activity. They determine if the withdrawal is fishy. With any doubt of legitimacy, it is reported to the Feds.
They really give deposits the once over.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Stupid publicity stunt by an Internet nobody to look like he's balling.

Look at the instagram photo of him on the ground, the cuffs are clearly open.

Why would the police only seize 100k instead of all of it?

Why pull out 200k in cash to buy a car? Pretty sure most dealerships take plastic.

The cash doesn't even look real.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join