It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dem Defection: 20% For TRUMP: New Survey Says

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This new survey rings true with me...not because Trump is MY first choice as a Republican, but because so many of my family and friends who have always voted Democrat (some extremely liberal)...now tell me they can't stand Hillary, think the country is a complete mess; on the edge of collapse and say the country needs a strong leader like Trump.

Trump Could Win It All
A new survey shows a sizable number of Democrats ready to defect from Hillary Clinton to Donald Trump.

A new survey of likely voters might at least raise momentary dyspepsia for Democrats since it suggests why it wouldn't be a cakewalk.

The survey by Washington-based Mercury Analytics is a combination online questionnaire and "dial-test" of Trump's first big campaign ad among 916 self-proclaimed "likely voters" (this video shows the ad and the dial test results). It took place primarily Wednesday and Thursday and has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.5 percent.

Nearly 20 percent of likely Democratic voters say they'd cross sides and vote for Trump, while a small number, or 14 percent, of Republicans claim they'd vote for Clinton. When those groups were further broken down, a far higher percentage of the crossover Democrats contend they are "100 percent sure" of switching than the Republicans.

FULL ARTICLE:
www.usnews.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Yeah, I see it too, especially the blue dog boomers and even their kids (to a lesser extent).

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Surveys are a good way to get voter's opinions, however, when it comes to 'who would you vote for' right now questions, polls often are a good indicator to show which nominee would get the chance to run the country.

People often say they are going to do one thing, and then fire off the other direction by doing the opposite.

Doesn't matter what survey's say, what matters is who turns up to vote in February. Maybe Trump will get the nod, maybe he won't. Time will tell.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I think It means that starting next month, you're going to see Sanders jump up the rankings. He'll get the blue dogs, the millennials and the hard left and most of the minorities. This, I see, as the end of Hillary and that Sanders will get the nomination. Especially, if that percentage of voters just disappears from her poll numbers.

Harder to see, though, is how this effects the general election. I could be wrong, just my analysis.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
amazing

To be honest...I only see two potential nominees for the Democrats...that'd be Clinton and Sanders...those are the only two candidates that EVER make the head lines. The rest of the candidates are shoe-ins to fill in the missing void in the party, for what's left of it anyways.

So in other words Sanders could jump up in rankings from second to first over HC??? LOL

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I join you in your thought that Hillary is feeling the heat from both sides...I just don't know if Sanders can take the nomination from her.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I think It means that starting next month, you're going to see Sanders jump up the rankings. He'll get the blue dogs, the millennials and the hard left and most of the minorities. 

He might get some of the millenials that have been indoctrinated by the education... or lack of it, that they have received.
He already has the hard left.
The minorities will vote as they are told by the Democrat leadership.
Bernie won't get the blue dogs. They already buck the party and tend to disagree with the hard left cradle to grave big government plan.
edit on b000000312016-01-09T11:54:14-06:0011America/ChicagoSat, 09 Jan 2016 11:54:14 -06001100000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
I think It means that starting next month, you're going to see Sanders jump up the rankings. He'll get the blue dogs, the millennials and the hard left and most of the minorities. This, I see, as the end of Hillary and that Sanders will get the nomination. Especially, if that percentage of voters just disappears from her poll numbers.

Harder to see, though, is how this effects the general election. I could be wrong, just my analysis.

Who would vote for Commie Sanders? Sanders "why do pennies turn blue, I don't know we must start a committee". He is a hold over from the dinosaur days. Trump went directly to the people and the people are responding in masses.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I can't stand Hilary, I think the best thing for everyone would be if she just got hit by a bus.

But with the margin of error, the poll could have them both at 17% of the other parties voters.

I think it's a BS clickbait story and another BS poll.

It took place primarily Wednesday and Thursday and has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.5 percent. Nearly 20 percent of likely Democratic voters say they'd cross sides and vote for Trump, while a small number, or 14 percent, of Republicans claim they'd vote for Clinton. When those groups were further broken down, a far higher percentage of the crossover Democrats contend they are "100 percent sure" of switching than the Republicans.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I can't stand Hilary, I think the best thing for everyone would be if she just got hit by a bus. 

I guess you hate buses too.
I think a steamroller could handle her without suffering too much damage.
I am reminded of a scene from the movie 'A Fish called Wanda'. Her foul mouth would be running until it was flattened.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Trump is speaking to everyone not just republicans. He's running on American issues not party politics and that's why people can like him more than all the other fakes out there. He will take at least 20% away from the democrats because the democrat party is unrecognizable from it's past glory days.

edit on 9-1-2016 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Just speculation on my part-I have a hard time understanding liberal mentality-,however, perhaps that 20% represents those that have been Democrat supporters but have seen the 'results' of that party's programs and are , also, disaffected with their current lot but would NEVER vote for traditional Republicans.

Trump is outside the boundaries of both parties, even though he's under the Republican umbrella.

Once again, Trump by default?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
you guys go ahead
nominate trump and hand the election to the democrats
i dont really care either way
im just of sick all your delusional bull#
lets get the show on the road already so i can laugh and rub your faces in it then do it all again 4 years later

if as many people liked trump as you jokers claim you wouldnt have to be working so hard to convince yourself and the rest of the world (that already know better) that was the case
hard work is good when applied to the right things
all you guys are doing is digging yourselves a really big hole that you will never be able to crawl your pathetic little butts out of
edit on 9-1-2016 by fartlordsupreme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It will be a Bush/Clinton election. The real people that run our country dont care what you want. If Trump runs as an indie, Clinton will win. And it will be a fifty fifty vote and Trump wont get it.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I believe it.

If Hillary becomes the Dem nominee, which is highly probable with the way the MSM and party establishment has been carrying her, I would expect an exodus from the party by people who are informed about her past and what she represents.

She will still have the support of big banks, big pharma, MSM, feminists, LGBT and BLM crowds.
edit on 9-1-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

A bucket of clean water, on camera. Then we could see this...

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask

Who would vote for Commie Sanders? Sanders "why do pennies turn blue, I don't know we must start a committee". He is a hold over from the dinosaur days. Trump went directly to the people and the people are responding in masses.

Sanders is a good guy--commie? LOL

Trump...listen to what he really is saying. It's all soundbytes that appeal to low information voters.

Keep in mind that most of Sanders proposals are just a continuation of what we already have.

We already want the government to fund education he's just saying why not extend that to college. It works in other countries. He's saying single payer health care system. We all want that. It would replace Obama CAre.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask

Sanders is a good guy--commie? LOL

Trump...listen to what he really is saying. It's all soundbytes that appeal to low information voters.

Keep in mind that most of Sanders proposals are just a continuation of what we already have.

We already want the government to fund education he's just saying why not extend that to college. It works in other countries. He's saying single payer health care system. We all want that. It would replace Obama CAre.

No we all don't want the government to fund education, because in reality that is Liberal leftist indoctrination. If people choose to go to college they can fund it their own selves like I and everyone else has.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: fartlordsupreme

If you were so sure he isn't going to win, YOU wouldn't bother posting.......

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

The move to Europe. We DON'T all want that single payer monopoly....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join