It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The universe was created ten seconds ago.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The universe simulated the program into being, put it in motion and took a looooong vacation man.

You're all a simulation.
edit on 9-1-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

If our universe does turn out to be holographic by nature and we are indeed a simulation the question begs, who or what is running the simulation, and to what end?
edit on 9-1-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fraiser
a reply to: JimNasium

I've always wondered why people personify God as a male/father when it makes more sense (imo) that a female/mother birthed/created life.

We do live in a very male dominated society. Perhaps that has something to do with it. Seems like some religions really have a chip on their shoulder about women...

Actually a hermaphrodite makes the most sense.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Take ADD as a label for instance, when i was a wane that was simply considered to be a wayward child that needed additional guidance, now its a disease and/or mental health issue.

That's not progress if you ask me, that's compartmentalization.

Yah, can't have anyone thinking on their own, out of the box. If they are, label and drug em…

putting them in ever smaller boxes isn't helping is it?

Depends too on what one considers valuable time spent on learning whatever delusional fantasy that is acceptable to the norm. The already been normal norm for generations that is also linear and misdirected.

I have a different take on that than most, I don't feel like starting that argument today, been dragged around behind the ATS truck enough for a while. I don't mean with you, but with others.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fraiser

I've always wondered why people personify God as a male/father when it makes more sense (imo) that a female/mother birthed/created life.

We do live in a very male dominated society. Perhaps that has something to do with it. Seems like some religions really have a chip on their shoulder about women...

Misogyny has definitely obfuscated a lot of the divine Feminine aspects of creation, but there is still plenty of information present regarding the concept of the Heavenly Father and Earthly Mother.

Heavenly Father is "Most High" because it is the original spark, that which emanated its Spirit to be conceived by the Earthly Mother (Mother, Mater = Matter). Hence "Mother Earth". Google Gnostic Sophia for more info. This original creation was replicated with Mary and the Spirit of the Most High when Jesus was born. Surely if there is a Father there must be a Mother. The Essenes discuss how the Heavenly Mother is nature (matter in its natural form), and before we ascend to the Father, we have to be raised in the Heavenly Mother's womb, Earth.

originally posted by: Barcs

Actually a hermaphrodite makes the most sense.

"So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them."

Christian Harmaphrodite
Hindu Hermaphrodite

"“Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? So they are no longer two, but one flesh."
edit on 9-1-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

My Dearest Greetings Andy- The Creator can take ANY form, that was My point. So in lieu of expecting to see some old man w/a long beard riding a cloud, maybe try looking at CREATION itself.. Maybe that is why We are stuck in skinsuits??? to experience that 'creation' and 'to create' and when We return from whence We came.. We punch it into the 'Mainframe' and then cruise around until We are up for another 'game' and then We grab another body..

I've NEVER seen a Male (Yang) create Life, it has always been the Female (Yin) and a Mother to One is a Mother to ALL.

This may be why it went from "In the beginning was Adam(u) and Lilith, created from the same dirt..." (equal) That is until The Quorum 'created' Eve and She got here because Adam gave up some of His rib, making Her subservient/beholden.

Edit: And "Yes" We are all connected See: Bell's Theorem We are all just One person. Each taking space in a Body/Vessel to experience Creation and then We report back to The One Infinite Creator, Hunab Ku. Hunab Ku resides in The Octave.

7 chakras + 1 Melding back to Hunab Ku = 8 octave.

namaste

edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Greetings to you also JimNasium it not just that we are stuck in "skinsuits" we are also confined to the planet until we develop the technology to reach and colonize other worlds. A planet of 7.349 billion people all competing for the use of diminishing resources.

For all we know these "skinsuits" may be a one shot deal. Personally i tend to believe in our existence beyond this 3 dimensional reality, then again the way i see it am hedging my bets. But lets face it theirs no definitive proof yet that once we shuffle off the mortal coil of this world we continue to exist in whatever form.

As to never seeing males create life, they do it all the time via the fertilization of the female egg with there sperm, or even in a few other ways deepening on the animal in question. Petty much takes two to tango, the Yin and the Yang.

Always been interested in the origin and subject of Lilith myself. As to Adam giving up his rib to make Eve? One would imagine its Adam that would be subservient given he is somewhat incomplete/missing said rib. But end of the day these story's are just parables and a creation of Man with all his fears and fallibility at play.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Last Thursdayism I think they call it.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

you know, i sometimes comment on how a figure who gets a whole day of the week should be satisfied with that kind of credit. then i remember that the entire week pays homage to pantheism (thor, zeus, mars, aphrodite, etc) and i smile.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I've often pondered this. Not in the theological sense, but as sort of a thought experiment.

There would be no way to prove otherwise if the universe came into being at this very instant complete with all of our memories, already expanding at its current rate, already containing all of the evidence upon which we base our estimates for its age, arbitrarily.

The counterargument to this is probability. E.g. "How high are the odds that all of these things would indicate the universe is X old and expanded from a single moment billions of years ago, and that all of the predictions we make based on this model turn out to be more or less accurate, if it weren't true?" And while I personally tend to agree, technically probability would be moot if it were the case. Things are as they are, their proability be damned. If that were the reality, we would have absolutely no way of knowing, we would never know any different, and the seeming unlikelihood of it wouldn't change it.

Then again, that all also means it's a moot point since we have no way of knowing. For all practical intents and purposes it's a meaningless question, since the differences in our observable universe between the two scenarios would be zero as far as we could ever perceive or measure.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

Because the men who write ancient scripture are arrogant men. It's pretty evident when you look at all the masculine-empowerment positions in the bible. When men hold power, males tend to override female rights.

I'd like to point out how you point a finger at the men who wrote ancient scripture....and ignore the millions of arrogant men still on the planet....your bias is obvious.

A2D

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

Oh right, so because some people still hold that mindset today, that makes it OK to base an entire religion on said ignorant mindset written by a bunch of illiterate goat herders?

Do you even know what the word "bias" actually means?

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Well essentially everything can be it's own universe, it's rather interesting to know we could all be inside of an atom at this current point in time due to relativity, and essentially everything that has existed has probably completed based on it all being relative, the universe was probably created in less than a nanosecond and destroyed in that same nanosecond but due to our relativity it seems as though it's forever.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuspiciousTom
Well essentially everything can be it's own universe, it's rather interesting to know we could all be inside of an atom at this current point in time due to relativity, and essentially everything that has existed has probably completed based on it all being relative, the universe was probably created in less than a nanosecond and destroyed in that same nanosecond but due to our relativity it seems as though it's forever.

ergo, none of this matters. this conversation, the parrticipants in this thread, the human race, the rock we are riding through space, the sun we orbit, even the galaxy we call home. none of it matters.

you are significant unto yourself, and only you can decide what makes your sad little blip of existence worthwhile. choose wisely.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

God is eternal. No beginning and no end. Your "argument" is invalid.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gyo01

God is eternal. No beginning and no end. Your "argument" is invalid.

You say that as if you somehow know this for a fact. How can any argument that is a complete guess, be considered valid?

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
That's nothing, wait until they find out that "He" is a "She"...

Yep.... Apparently someone met God and found out she was black.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
When someone passes gas, a whole new galaxy is born. When someone touch themselves at night when they are suppose to be praying, a species goes extinct.

A planet getting hit by an asteroid is almost similar to a sperm going into an egg. That fallen angel tapping that ass.
edit on 11-1-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Did I say it was right? No I clearly did not. I said his bias was obvious..

By calling them "arrogant men" he attempts to separate them from other men on the planet. My point is only that all men are equally capable of being arrogant...but his distaste for the ancient writers came out in his words full force...there is nothing to suggest they were any more arrogant than he himself is....

On another note... I would be interested in comparing your IQ to that of the illiterate goat herders...too bad it'll never happen...but my gut tells me you wouldn't be too pleased.

A2D
edit on 12-1-2016 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Not that I agree but I can understand that the all powerful God can create how he wishes, if that includes the current world etc etc as it exists right now with an perceived history mystery and fully formed pre loaded memories et al , then no one would ever be able to tell.

It wouldn't bother me

Regards

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join