It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The universe was created ten seconds ago.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Somehow i imagine the reality of our universe somewhat transcends the male and female sex.

Look at it this way in a universe of infinite combinations and infinite diversity there are probably worlds out there where there are a lot more different sexes than just two.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
You can't ignore science and say it is a fairy tale, because it's very real and it has been proven time and time again.

With that said, it doesn't take away from the potential of a creator, in fact, it can support the concept of a creator because it is all so perfect in design.

*mic drop*

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Well the cosmological constant seem to suggest some form of fine tuning or life as well know it simply could not exist.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
God is vapid and boring.

It's been so long, can't someone come up with a fresh new concept for these folk ?

Sick of bible verses and the same old nonsense. Time for a new bible, maybe I should write it.

Watch out, L. Ron Hubbard.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: JimNasium

Why would any omnipotent being require a sex?

Just like the concepts of good and evil any truly omnipotent being with the ability to create a universe at will would be above such notions.

“He - and if there is a God, I am convinced he is a he, because no woman could or would ever # things up this badly.”

George Carlin (RIP)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I loved George Carlin, funny intelligent Man that certainly the measure of Humanity's mettle.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Somehow i imagine the reality of our universe somewhat transcends the male and female sex.

Look at it this way in a universe of infinite combinations and infinite diversity there are probably worlds out there where there are a lot more different sexes than just two.

Yes I agree re Sex ... Mine was a simple way of explaining the female aspect of creation ... it really has nothing to do with sex which is a union of male and female or male and male or female and female and is but two souls saying "Hello"

The male and female principles are contained within both a man and a woman
For example "Mother Earth" was seen as a Male aspect in past times.
"Geb" a male aspect was Earth who constantly made "love" to the over arching stars Nut a female aspect

But I will not labour the point as we are both correct in my estimation

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
i saw this song on tv the other day, thought it was a charming expression of an irreverent truth.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Many ancient cultures do speak of a feminine creative force that pervades the universe. And being omnipotent she is without need of consort. This is actually a main component of freemasonry. The square and compass is a symbol that represents this belief.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Our feminine or male principles aside, it seems to me whats really attempting to be expressed by such notions is balance, the yin and yang.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

Straight up. How old is forever? How far is infinity from here?

The Universe has always been there, I mean here, I mean everywhere.

The beginnings and endings were made up by the same control freaks that invented organized religion and wrote books about it.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Yes I think you are correct re Ying Yang
Ying and Yang being the balance within the One

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor
If we can land robots on comets and send them to Mars, I think we have a fair perspective of time based on the laws of Physics, which you'd have to admit were created by God to maintain the perfect order and harmony of the entire universe.

No. you wouldn't have to admit there is a god at all.

Simply because you perceived something as being perfect, does not equate the existence of a god.

It's like saying "look at me throw this handful of sand. See how they landed all in that exact spot that they did after I threw them? It would take an astronomical amount of chance that I could pick up every grain and throw them all into the exact same position again. Therefore, god exists because the first time it landed like it did, and its highly unlikely we will be able to recreate that exact same outcome".

You are using the same logic on time, and likely other things as well. It's a similar argument many creationists use to say how unlikely it is that the universe is exactly how it is today, or how unlikely it is to have life evolve to it's modern form we see today. The argument only exists from a single perspective, and not on the actual functionality of a phenomenon itself.

Time is relative, we know this for a fact, so your argument is flawed at its foundation.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Suppose we would need to be able to quantify infinity somewhat more accurately before we determine how far away it is from here, there or anywhere else.

Therein lies the problem, our current understanding of mathematics somewhat limits our ability to do so.

edit on 9-1-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

I disagree.

For instance, I think airplanes evolved without a creator. You can go to "bone yards" and museums and find specimens that clearly show the evolution of aircraft.

From early lower forms of flight to the modern hypersonic and Jumbo jet species, there is clear evidence of the progression and evolution of flying machines.

Out there in the desert in the 'bone yard' there is not one creator of any of these aircraft types to be found anywhere at the grave site. Planes must have evolved on their own.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

The one however would have to encompass all aspects of reality, not just 2 opposing forces which if somewhat out of kilter promotes chaos over stability.

I imagine reality its somewhat more complicated. Humanity simply has not yet developed the tools, mentally or physically, to attempt to understand the universe, fact is we most lightly will never understand reality because we are part of it.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Mathematics shows "Order over chaos" and begins with 0 in the Fibonacci series
0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 etc
Mathematics can describe the way things grow ... from a daisy to a galaxy

Is the Universe by chance or design?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Screw the math. Imagine your hand reaching out, past the sun, the solar system, the galaxy, the Hubble deep field, ever further… there is no barrier out there your hand will run up against.

Space is boundless. And if it does end, what is beyond that? If your hand never stops, then there is no end to it. The meaning behind infinity. Since it goes on forever, that space has always been there.

If its always been there then it has had forever for life to develop and an infinite time for it to spread pretty much everywhere.

See? here we are.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

The one however would have to encompass all aspects of reality, not just 2 opposing forces which if somewhat out of kilter promotes chaos over stability.

I imagine reality its somewhat more complicated. Humanity simply has not yet developed the tools, mentally or physically, to attempt to understand the universe, fact is we most lightly will never understand reality because we are part of it

Yes of course ... Mine is a simplification of something far more complex ... Like a basic code if you follow my meaning
However I know very little and am a minute part of the One or known Universe

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

"Is the Universe by chance or design? "

That's a question humanity cannot answer yet.

Like i said previously the cosmological constant could be interpreted as being somewhat fine tuned which could imply intelligent design of a sort. End of the day we simply do not have the tools to allow us to answer the question yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join