It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gabapentin

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Does it work? Did your dose stay the same or do you need to increase it at regular intervals?

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: wondering5740

It's working fine for sleep.
It also doesn't make me drunk at waking,like other sleeping pills have.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I should have been more clear. I should have clarified that this was in relation to phantom limb pain. I can only assume (without knowing your case) that you had a peripheral nerve block or nerve stripping as part of your procedure.

Nerve blocks are often not carried out as the feeling from the phantom limb can aid rehabilitation if the patient is fitted with a prosthesis. However this can leave disturbing and painful side effects, which neuropathic analgesics can help. Amputations are complex and single types of analgesia are often ineffective in isolation, necessitating combined drugs. Sometimes a single drug does work, but usually not.

My point is that different analgesics are effective for different natures of pain. Starting a thread stating that a drug sucks because it didn't work for the OP is a bit misleading. I dislike morphine because of the side effects. It didn't ease my pain significantly following injury, it just made me want to vomit which distracted me a bit. Does that mean that morphine is a poor pain killer?

<< 1  2  3   >>

join