It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Past psychic experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Hello all. Once again I am going to present you with an alternative topic to discuss.

About a year and a half ago I was experiencing serious thoughts of suicide. I was in a dark place. During this time period someone who was very close to my grandmother, my grandmother being the only person in my family I had a close relationship too, randomly called me after not having contact in 10 years or more.

When she called me the first thing she did was ask me what's going on. She said she had a bad feeling and felt like she needed to contact me and find out if I was ok. At the time I found this unbelievable. She went on to tell me she just kept getting these thoughts about me and she felt the need to find out if I was ok.

I personally don't believe in coincidence. I believe everything happens as it should and there is a reason for everything.

Well ATS...

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

i think this type of psychic phenomena happens very often. There is no doubt in my mind peoples minds are connected more than we realize. Things like this seem to happen to family members or people who care for each other very much.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha

i think this type of psychic phenomena happens very often. There is no doubt in my mind peoples minds are connected more than we realize. Things like this seem to happen to family members or people who care for each other very much.

Must be. It was so synchronistic I couldn't ignore it.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
My mother would get this similar psychic feeling. I had an up-heaved childhood, separated parents fighting over their child type of thing. I chose to live with my father from a young age, and he would try to move us from place to place without telling anybody where we were going. Every, single, time he would go to move us, my mother would "feel" it and come have a visit while he would be in the middle of packing the car up to go.

She always managed to "know" things, which drove me bonkers. I try to minimise any feelings of suffering that may be rushing through me at any moment, just in case someone manages to "pick it up" so to speak.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Our minds are connected in some ways, yes. I can attest to this idea's voracity from many personal experiences.

Jung's idea of the collective unconscious is a fairly good take on what i believe to be true; that all beings are telepathically connected to a certain extent, mostly subconscious.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

edit on 9-1-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

sorry miss post, on topic suicide is the easy way, the way i see it

ride till u die
edit on 9-1-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I believe in the collective unconscious.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Suicide can be really frustrating. Life keeps on going. There is no escape.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I know I've been to the other side.

Death doesn't exist but on the other side it's more honest and real.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Such difficult things to speak of. I know there are no *convincing* studies that have managed to replicate these experiences. No rational skeptic could (or should) accept that such things occur in the lives of many people. Despite that, I too have a strong suspicion that there's something humanity doesn't yet know about and that science might discover in the future.

These peculiar connections we have with people at a distance are subjective and aren't measurable. They can be so profound to the experiencers and percipients that the sense of wonder never leaves them. To anyone who hasn't been through it, it's seen as childishness, magical thinking or make-believe.

I've had personal experiences that concur with yours and believe your account. Where I disagree slightly is in your conclusion that everything has a purpose. Maybe? Who knows?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

emo for life!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
This phenomenon is interesting. Just before Christmas I was in a shop on the ground floor, as I walked up the stairs to the 1st floor I felt a strong feeling/presence about my old maths teacher who I'd not seen for a few years. To my surprise, there she was browsing books on the first floor.

I couldn't believe how I sensed her from fair distance or that I sensed her at all.

Is there anyway science could explain this phenomenon?
edit on 9-1-2016 by Fraiser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I've had ...."flashes" in dreams that came true and my sister and I seem to have some sort of connection. It's only in extreme circumstances, but if something goes that wrong, we both feel it. The day her son had an almost fatal car accident, [ it literally tore the top of his head off ] about 20 minutes before she called, I got this feeling of .....dread, is the only thing I can think of. I knew something was terribly wrong and had finally decided to call her, when the phone rang.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
i get random thoughts of people and they will almost always contact me after i think of them.

and other times i get thoughts of certain people i havent spoken to and i feel its because they are energetically calling out to me so to speak with their thoughts.

new topics

top topics

join