It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had the strangest dream... what a great story it would make

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Don't know where else to post this....

I am sure that it was influenced by recent stuff I have watched/read, but man was it strange.....

I was among a group of people that were sent into dimensional timelines to affect the future of those time lines...

to make a long story short (pun intended) it turned out at the end that what was sending us into these different dimensions was (for lack of better words) a large type of quantum computer that used humans to affect different dimensional times lines to achieve that results that it wanted, for what ever purposes.

It is still all a little foggy, but I thought what a great idea for a story.... a quantum computer so powerful that it was able to affect various dimensional timelines, but yet it still need the lowly human species to achieve it's desired results..

There is a serious sci-fi story somewhere in that dream.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Yep, too much sci fi.

People don't just die, pass on, pass away anymore, now the narrative is mostly 'ascension' to a machine bio mix or super A.I, human machine, evolution, blah blah.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yep I agree... too much sci-fi, I rarely watch any sci-fi these days, but I was a huge sci-fi fan in my teens.. Bradbury, Asimov, you name em I read em.

It was one of those dreams that when you wake up... all you can do is wonder wtf did that come from. LOL

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I rarely watch any sci-fi these days, but I was a huge sci-fi fan in my teens.. Bradbury, Asimov, you name em I read em.

Same here. Remember when all the ideas were new and promising?

The older you get the more you realize its all a rehash of all that. Someone come up with some new ideas, quick.

Besides some new weapons system for "defense" and some computer to give you more free time.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I love sci-fi, so yeah, it could be an interesting story to write.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Interesting indeed.
Our computers will get better and better.
You know Moore´s Law? At the moment we can build tinier prozessors with more speed every time.
Soon, we will reach the point, where the physical limitations don´t allow us, to go any further.

There are experiments at the moment to solve this problem, with light based processors. But what if we don´t have only the physical limitations of OUR dimension?
If there is any other dimension, why not use it, for our technology?
This is the point, where science and fiction could meet each other.
Keep dreaming

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

I had a pretty wild one myself the other night.

I was a witness to a bad accident but I left the scene anyways, I was on foot. I was in a bad part of a big city. I got a few blocks away when a police officer drove up to me told me to get in his car. I asked why am I being forced to get in your car? I didn't do anything. He said that he just needed to talk to me about what I witnessed and needed a report. He told me I could sit in the front seat.

So I got in and I was explaining the accident when about half a block up the street a fight broke out between a female and a male. The female had on what looked almost like kickboxing pants. She had her dukes up and was whooping this guys arse, kicking him in the face etc. The cop jumped out of the car (it was parked on the side of the road) and ran up to break up the fight. As he did that, the woman turned on him and they started getting into it. Then all of sudden from an alley way beside a run down apartment building, a mob of men in strange looking metallic voodoo style masks (maybe more like ancient south american masks, but clearly made of metal) in black hoodies etc ran out with guns drawn and started firing on the police officer.

I freaked out. He returned fire and they had a brief gunfight. They killed the police officer and started running towards the police car I was sitting in (front passenger seat). At that point I was ducking down in the seat hoping they never saw me. There were at least 12 or more of them, and they rushed the police car. Then I woke up in a panic before I got to see what was going to happen to me.

Craziness.

top topics

join