It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Kerik

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Since I'm new to this scene, I'd like to know if due attention has been given to Bernie Kerik. There are deep underlying currents of corruption and politics at it's worst in the Guiliani, Kerik washinngton connection.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I think we've haven't heard the last of the Kerik fiasco yet. He's being investigated by the Feds, give a couple of months and he'll be back in the news unless the media decides it will hurt Guiliani's chance at elected office, then it just might be brushed aside.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I was right, Kerik is back in the news

ap.tbo.com...
Former New York police commissioner Bernard Kerik is stepping down as a director on the embattled stun gun maker Taser International Inc.'s corporate board, the company announced Monday.
In a news release, Taser said Kerik was resigning "to focus on his consulting business." He will be replaced by former Montana Gov. Judy Martz.

Kerik, 49, withdrew his name from consideration to head the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in December, saying he had employed an illegal alien as a nanny and had failed to submit required Social Security payments.

The day before Kerik quit, it was reported that he had made $6.2 million by exercising stock options he obtained as a board member of Taser, which has sold stun guns to the Homeland Security Department and is seeking more contracts.

Taser itself is under federal and state scrutiny over the safety of its stun guns and accounting issues. The Securities and Exchange Commission is also conducting an informal probe into Taser's safety claims. The company maintains that the guns are safe.

new topics

join