It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravity Research

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The moment these two words are uttered, does it not sound so out of place, non starter and taboo? Is there some magic of sorts to these 2 words? There is a geode institute for gravitation research in Germany, which has been in existence for a decade or more and has pretty much zilch to show towards this subject.
What are your thoughts on this subject?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Didn't you start a thread like this recently wherein you claimed it was 'banned' until you found out it was a fairly hot research topic?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
My thoughts lead me to believe the opposite of the research....'anti-gravity'... to be politically correct.

Physicists already know much about gravity, but the real money is to be made in anti-matter field...same goes with black matter science.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
^Meant to say anti-gravity (not anti-matter)

That being said, if the goal is to levitate objects out of Earth's gravitational pull into space using other forms of energy, that is where the focus of new technology and funding will go to.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
Didn't you start a thread like this recently wherein you claimed it was 'banned' until you found out it was a fairly hot research topic?
I don't recall starting a thread recently and no I did not find it to be a hot topic anywhere, let alone glassgow. why do you presume such things?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
perhaps he meant the topic you started not long ago titled something like 'Post your ideas on gravity'.

I did leave my reply there if remember correctly)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The name of the thread was edited to "Gravity still Elusive?" and it was just 6 days ago.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
anti gravity is even a bigger non starter.
Lol you do have n stomach turning avatar
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder
The name of the thread was edited to "Gravity still Elusive?" and it was just 6 days ago.
kind of naïve of you. that thread was not for gravity research

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I thought so too but it actually happened in Arb's thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
anti gravity is even a bigger non starter.
Lol you do have n stomach turning avatar

That's enough of that. Give Ali G his respeck.

Booyakasha!

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
DenyObfuscation

Respeckt* mi brothe..me gives you props for dat

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Lol wtf is giving you stars I wonder

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

I thought so too but it actually happened in Arb's thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

THAT'S it.

nochzwei: ques: why is gravity research banned in all the universities, the world over?

me: ans: it isn't

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Here you go sir ... Visit Belgium :

How Current Loops and Solenoids Curve Space-time
Andre Fuzfa

Namur Center for Complex systems (naXys),
University of Namur, Belgium
(Dated: December 15, 2015)

The curved space-time around current loops and solenoids carrying arbitrarily large steady electric currents is obtained from the numerical resolution of the coupled Einstein-Maxwell equations in cylindrical symmetry. The artificial gravitational field associated to the generation of a magnetic field produces gravitational redshift of photons and deviation of light. Null geodesics in the curved space-time of current loops and solenoids are also presented. We finally propose an experimental setup, achievable with current technology of superconducting coils, that produces a phase shift of light of the same order of magnitude than astrophysical signals in ground-based gravitational wave observatories.

Source : How Current Loops and Solenoids Curve Space-time

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

THAT'S it.

nochzwei: ques: why is gravity research banned in all the universities, the world over?

Lol, and you conveniently hoaxed

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Lol, and you conveniently hoaxed

In what way, pray tell? You were wrong, and you're wrong every time you bring it up. Again.
edit on 9-1-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

At least we can create anti matter all be it in very small quantities, anti-gravity however remains to be seen.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

Im sure you did start a thread quite recently ended up with some dude nattering on rather incoherently in a video about the light from a candle somehow proving anti gravity exists.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This one if im not mistaken.
edit on 9-1-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Thanks to both of you for your conservation of letters, now ATS won't have to go get an NSA-style petabyte server farm to hold all those extra characters, so I'm sure ATS thanks you too!

There was also this reply from the same thread, where not as many letters were conserved, but it made a good point:

originally posted by: ErosA433

ques: why is gravity research banned in all the universities, the world over?

To follow Bedlem - it isnt banned at all Nochzwei...

indico.cern.ch...

CAP 2015, had a whole session on gravity... so did 2014, so did 2013, and 2012... you get the picture?

not banned, because you want to think up a conspiracy and say "Ooooh its banned" doesn't mean that it is banned

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join