It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flip a Switch to Turn Off Your Sperm Flow

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

German inventor Clemens Bimek recently introduced Bimek SLV, a small contraceptive device that stops the flow of sperm through the vas deferens with the literal flip of a mechanical switch, rendering its user temporarily sterile.

Source

The device's switch is toggled through the skin of the scrotum. It is designed to stay closed for three months at a time in order to reduce accidental switching.

Bimek himself has been testing prototype versions of the device since June 2009, when he had two valves implanted. Over the past six years, he has continuously improved and refined his product.

The device is the size of a gummy bear and is made of a medical grade polymer that has been consistently used in human implants. The device is said to be “virtually wear-free”, and created to last a lifetime once implanted. The procedure lasts only 30 minutes and requires little recovery time. Clinical trials have yet to begin as Bimeck and his business partners are currently looking for men willing to test the device.

Any takers?

edit on 8-1-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
You don't need it. You can train yourself to control it.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Can I sign up my husband????

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Given its got an external switch and its controllable by outside forces by the looks of it, i'd say that no woman would trust it if she didn't fancy kids....its as trustworthy as on a one night stand believing the guys had the snip and is disease free

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Designed to last a lifetime?

Even a simple light switch mechanism fails sometimes...

I think the missus can carry on with the pill for now...

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Invented by a carpenter, unbelievable.

I don't think Mrs Cobaltic is totally convinced by it all , it's too reliant on the man being in control, despite the re-assurances.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
Given its got an external switch and its controllable by outside forces by the looks of it, i'd say that no woman would trust it if she didn't fancy kids....its as trustworthy as on a one night stand believing the guys had the snip and is disease free

Its an internal device controlled externally and has a mandatory three month "safety" in order to prevent anybody from inadvertently switching it on. Just like we need to watch your times of the month, you'll need to start watching ours. Try and catch me at the right time if your feeling froggy.

I really doubt this thread is going to last long, lol.

edit on 8-1-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Now that is some inventor commitment. Self mutilation of your man parts for R&D.

The puns are flowing with this one.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Oh I thought ATS had gone tantric for a second, well this is great I don't think I'll ever get neutered but I wouldn't have as much problem with a device like that.
edit on 8-1-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I see they didn't use the Schwartz boy for the model.. hahaha

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
You don't need it. You can train yourself to control it.

Sure...it works so well they call it "'Pope's Pinball"
OK...that's something different, but there's a pile of Catholic mothers that would dispute your premise.
edit on 8-1-2016 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
When a man has to let it go...it has to go...never hold back the pleasure!

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I'm ready to go to battle at all times, so long as the gun is loaded.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
By the way...I look forward to hearing a scientific thread about a link to this device and the development of male health issues later on. Take that Hillary Clinton!

(post by Skywatcher2011 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Nope. I don't need junk in my junk.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

You do know that if you eat lots of Garlic it stops sperm development? Half the people on IVF should be aware of this fact. Well that and the smell might have something to do with it.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Flip Switch to Turn Off Your Sperm Flow

I had a reply but... what I was gonna say could be misread and here in the second decade of the 21st century, might have seen me arrested and taken to prison for saying the wrong words...

So, in replacement of those words, let's try this; my penis and scrotum requires no mechanical assistance.

Wow. Hope that is acceptable here at ATS.
If not, I offer my genuine apologies and will not complain if this; my comment, is... um, sacked.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I dont need a cyborg penis thank ya very much.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: redoubt

Flip Switch to Turn Off Your Sperm Flow

I had a reply but... what I was gonna say could be misread and here in the second decade of the 21st century, might have seen me arrested and taken to prison for saying the wrong words...

So, in replacement of those words, let's try this; my penis and scrotum requires no mechanical assistance.

Wow. Hope that is acceptable here at ATS.
If not, I offer my genuine apologies and will not complain if this; my comment, is... um, sacked.

Let freedom reign!

Funny how you equate the content of your expression with what is acceptable. Just be yourself and get censored if need be. There is more value in self expression then there is in communal censorship.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join