It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush Has Become The Least Liked GOP Presidential Candidate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The only means of "appealing" to latinos anyone talks about is granting amnesty to the illegal ones. You understand that not all latinos are illegal, right?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
theySeeme

No, I don't think so. I think what makes him look PS in the video is the extra shininess on the receding hair line on the left side of his scalp.

But I wouldn't doubt people are photo shopped being somewhere where they never were or traveled too or have been with.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The only means of "appealing" to latinos anyone talks about is granting amnesty to the illegal ones. You understand that not all latinos are illegal, right?

So Latino Americans don't vote and aren't worth catering to to get their vote? Why are you talking about illegals? I didn't even bring up illegals. You did. Then you accuse me of stereotyping all latinos as illegals in the same post you started talking about them in. Talk about the most bizarre strawman I've ever read... Also, don't put words in my mouth.
edit on 8-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The man has nearly zero charisma and seems a little slow on his feet (to me.)

He tried to fire back at Trump on an equally personal level and simply couldn't pull it off at all. A very ineffective campaigner in addition to his family baggage.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Politics is full of surprises and the conventions are a long way off. With the GOP fragmented, who will be the glue that the neocons use to hopefully patch it back up? Don't count the neocons out...I didn't think they could get W elected. surprise!

The Republicans are hoping to save something of the house and senate with this goofy line up that is in the race for the WH.

However it's not even a race; the election process is so corrupted anyway.
edit on 8-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The American Political SuperBowl! How fun. I'll be watching with bated breath which corporations buys the presidency this time around!

So glad I'm now a certified, bonafide ex-pat and I no longer have any obligation or even ability to participate in this nonsense.

That said, Jeb is so "meh" that watching him talk is like taking Valium. But hey, he can make a mean Guac, from what I've heard.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I'm not exactly the voter he's going for but - I stopped even paying any attention to him as he became more and more shrill or unraveled. The entitlement that was oozing off of him reeked to high heaven. He was livid that he wasn't doing better in the polls and it was evident every time he opened his mouth.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Yes, I did because whenever anyone mentions latino voters it is always and only linked to "comprehensive immigration reform" by which they all mean amnesty. Ergo, the logic follows that the implication is that the ONLY issue of any import to ANY latino is amnesty. So, we are talking about illegals as they would be the ones with the most to gain from that. Certainly latinos who are already here wouldn't stand to gain. They get shafted just like all the rest of us who are legal citizens.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I'm surprised Jeb didn't see the writing on the wall before he threw his hat into the ring. Even his mother said their were too many bush's in the white house. His brother left a lot of Americans angry. There was a reason why his election campaign went with elect "Jeb" and ignored his last name. They knew before hand his last name would be trouble.

What's funny, his campaign staff must take the American public as fools!

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Politics is full of surprises and the conventions are a long way off. With the GOP fragmented, who will be the glue that the neocons use to hopefully patch it back up? Don't count the neocons out...I didn't think they could get W elected. surprise!

The Republicans are hoping to save something of the house and senate with this goofy line up that is in the race for the WH.

I was a political neophyte during the 2000 Presidential campaign season. I'd taken an AP Government class that Spring semester, so I was just learning about the details of NGOS, PACS, and the such. I didn't really take Bush seriously, expected Gore to win, and eventually voted for Nader.

I'm bringing that up because none of my elders took Bush seriously either until Cheney was announced as his VP. Then everyone started taking him seriously. I didn't know anything about Cheney at the time, so it meant nothing to me. Maybe something similar will happen with Jeb? Maybe he'll pledge to pick Colin Powell, Rumsfeld, Hank Paulson, Bernanke or some other powerbroker as his potential running mate in order to get the nomination. Someone that will open people's eyes and force us to take him seriously.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: olaru12

I was a political neophyte during the 2000 Presidential campaign season. I'd taken an AP Government class that Spring semester, so I was just learning about the details of NGOS, PACS, and the such. I didn't really take Bush seriously, expected Gore to win, and eventually voted for Nader.

I'm bringing that up because none of my elders took Bush seriously either until Cheney was announced as his VP. Then everyone started taking him seriously. I didn't know anything about Cheney at the time, so it meant nothing to me. Maybe something similar will happen with Jeb? Maybe he'll pledge to pick Colin Powell, Rumsfeld, Hank Paulson, Bernanke or some other powerbroker as his potential running mate in order to get the nomination. Someone that will open people's eyes and force us to take him seriously.

W. Bush already already had the nomination when he announced his VP choice. I don't ever remember a major party candidate announcing a VP choice before securing the nomination, though I could be wrong.

And in this climate associating with anyone like Powell, Rumsfeld, Paulson or Bernanke would even further cement his reputation as an establishment stooge.

He's got no chance. He would have had no chance even without Trump. His brother was an unpopular president, he has no charisma, he's not telegenic, he doesn't read as a leader. He's perceived as the ultimate insider when the electorate doesn't want that.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Awesome news !

The last thing this world needs is another Bush, personally I couldn't think of anyone worst in the world than another American Bush President.

Before I get flayed and told it's none of my business, as I'm not American as I have seen in other threads, the choice America makes as to whom they vote in as the next President, is my business and it's the worlds business because it will effect us all. We are all watching !

What America does drags us as an Australian ally along, as well as all its allies, and the choices Americas President makes effects pretty much everyone in the world.

We need to stop the warmongering and dictating to other parts of the world what they can and can't do, you know people in glass houses and all that, we all have our own issues and should focus on what's best for our own country and those countries like us, not try and change those that aren't like us and will never change.

Another Bush will just be a puppet to his family influence, and the thought of George W in the background whispering in an ear.....well that's a bloody scary thought in the current climate we live in.

I feel sorry for America, like us here in Australia we have really #ty choices regarding who to vote for !
It's either far left or far right, it's really hard to find a leader in middle, shame you can't do what our current system does which is if they really mess up and polls get bad, the party just chucks them, out and like magic, we get a new Prime Minister !

Lol Big Joke, but here's hoping one day we get decent leaders as options, and they learn to listen and care for all.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join