It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico captures fugitive drug lord 'El Chapo' Guzman: president

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Mexico City (AFP) - Mexican authorities have recaptured fugitive drug kingpin Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, six months after his prison break, President Enrique Pena Nieto said on Friday.

"Mission accomplished: We got him. I want to inform Mexicans that Joaquin Guzman Loera has been arrested," Pena Nieto wrote on Twitter.

Mexico captures fugitive drug lord 'El Chapo' Guzman: president

Not really much to say here, I am surprised Mexico wrapped it up relatively quickly and that they did at all.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

More like American special forces have arrested El Chapo and are letting Mexican "officials" take credit for it.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I give it 6 months before he's out again

lol

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Execute him on the spot. Then go after the rest of his cartel.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I am curious to see if the Mexican authorities can actually hold on to him this time.

a reply to: FamCore

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

The cartels can be influential (for obvious reasons). Typically there are some corrupt officials/guards involved when there is an incident involving Chapo's escape.

I would bet the instant he is locked down somewhere his people will begin trying to grease some guards up and buy him some chances at escape again

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
According to Mexican authorities eh.

I'll be believing them all day today and next week too.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
How convenient that 'shorty' is captured one week before his life story hits the theaters in Mexico.

Just a coincidence?

I think not...

"Chapo. El escape del siglo" — or "Chapo: The Escape of the Century" — will have a limited engagement in as many as 300 theaters in Mexico starting Jan. 15. "There's good money in this business and enough for everyone, but when people want more than they deserve, that's where treason comes in," Guzmán, portrayed by little-known actor Irieno Alvarez, says in the film's trailer, which dropped Monday. The film — which features the tagline "If it was fiction, you wouldn't believe it" — comes only six months after the Sinaloa cartel leader broke out of the Antiplano prison near Mexico City.

Guzmán is believed to have narrowly escaped capture by Mexican Marines in October, but sustained facial and leg injuries before he fled the area on an ATV. Olivares told EFE that the new movie would be the first in a four-film saga tracing Guzmán's life backwards. Little is know about the production, which has kept a veil of secrecy. English audiences may want to wait before making the trek to a theater in Mexico: the Los Angeles Times reported in July that Ridley Scott — director of "The Martian," "Gladiator" and "Alien" — would direct an adaptation of Don Winslow's novel "The Cartel," partly inspired by Guzmán's life. Leonardo DiCaprio is being courted for a lead role in the film, Deadline reports.

Trailer drops for movie about escaped Mexican drug cartel leader Joaquín 'El Chapo' Guzmán

edit on 8-1-2016 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
It's time to put "El Chapo" in the "El Crappo."

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Good news and all, but reading the title too fast, I thought my buddy, El Cheapo was arrested.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
According to Mexican authorities eh.

Exactly...

The CIA and the DOJ are involved in this mess, so is the Vatican, the Mafia, Warren Buffett, and even 'slick willy' and the Bush's.

Anyone who thinks for one minute that the authorities in Mexico are really interested in stopping this are wrong.

The drug trade and war on drugs are essential to the Illuminati. As more and more drugs are traded and cartels become more powerful, the Illuminati becomes richer and more powerful. One of the major contributors and benefactors to the drug trade is Warren Buffett. Buffett has been running the drug trade in the Western Hemisphere for the past twenty years. The drug cartels of Mexico are under his power. It is important that the Illuminati control the majority of the drugs in North America. This is because it gives them yet another vehicle to transport technology that allows them to take control of the consumers.

The Illuminati is constantly searching for ways to implant themselves in the minds of the general public, and naturally, control of the drug trade was the perfect way to do so. Buffett secured control of the drug trade when he approached multiple drug cartels and presented them with contracts. He has been in control ever since, and Ben Bernanke is assisting him with the day to day operations.

Illuminati Truths

The other thing is that Rome is in control of the drug trade. The Vatican controls all of the drug trade—all of the heroin, all of the opium, all of the coc aine, everything going around in Columbia. Do you think that drugs running out of Columbia, with a country that has a concordat with Rome, is not controlled by Rome?

If Rome didn’t want the drug trade out of Columbia, they’d end the concordat. The whole drug trade is run by high Mafia families out of the country of Columbia, subject to the Jesuit General. So we have the Mafia and the CIA working together in the drug trade. We have the Mafia and the CIA working together in the assassination of Kennedy.

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

A number of whistleblowers are suing the CIA and other US Government officials to expose their complicity in drug-trafficking operations and cover-ups.

CIA/DoJ COLLUSION IN DRUG TRAFFICKING/COVER-UP

The CIA Created the Drug Culture

...President Bill Clinton. He had been governor of Arkansas during the time that I lived there. It was common knowledge among our own circle that Clinton was the drug kingpin of the South, overseeing the drugs being flown to Mena, Arkansas from South America.

We even knew the Conoco fuel station where the drug drops were being made each week. We could not call the police, because they were in on it. We also knew how many innocent people were being killed for discovering Clinton’s role in the drug trade. Most people called it the Arkansas Flu, which people might contract by close contact with the governor.

The Golden Calf

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
It's time to put "El Chapo" in the "El Crappo."

And if he pledges loyalties to ISIS, they can call him:

El Chopp-O

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I thought it would behoove to add to the thread, rather than start anew
..it's amazing how these Mexican forces go in and take control. .

The Friday raid was called "Operation Black Swan," according to the Mexican show "Primero Noticias." Authorities decided to launch the raid Thursday after they got a tip about where Guzman was sleeping, the show reported.

Seventeen elite unit Mexican Marines launched their assault on the house in the city of Los Mochis at 4:40 a.m., "Primero Noticias" said.

They were met by about one dozen well-armed guards inside who were prepared for a fight, the show said.

Inside the Dramatic Raid That Took Down 'El Chapo'

link
edit on 12-1-2016 by ReadLeader because: Parag

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Have any of you ever seen that movie "Sicario"?
On one part the guy says, "Unless we can find a way to stop 20% of the population smoking andsnorting that # only thing we can rely on is restoring order".

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
As an added bonus being a pompous asshole can now be punishable by death. You won't be missed, Sean Penn.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
All that work to catch this guy and his number two man simply takes his place.

new topics

top topics

join