It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need immediate help. Help!!! Help to avoid a friend breaking down...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
A mates mate was majorly depressed and tried to burn himself to death and take everyone in the house with him. 40% burns to his body. He is in a coma for 2 weeks now. One of the guys who saved him is about to break down. We are trying to help stop him brwaking down. Any suggestions welcome. Please help.

He wouldnt wish this psycholpgical horror on his worst enemy we are trying to talk positive. Any suggeations welcome
edit on 9/1/2016 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps from title

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

We are trying to help stop him breaking down. Any suggestions welcome.

Yes, tell him that millions of us would be heartbroken if such a HERO wasn't available to save the next poor Soul who will need his help.
Thank your friend for us, and thank you.
edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

How will anyone here be able to help? Hopefully your friend is in the are of medical professionals. As a risk to himself, he will be given psychiatric care from professionals.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Couple of pints and a long walk. Bad situation. Not much else I can think of.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Neither you nor we can do anything to stop him from breaking down. He needs professional help. NOW.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Good ppl around, try to eat something, drink water, just be with him, no need to probe hes mind yet, let him talk if hes ready to talk. Shock will pass even thou it will leave trauma and it needs to be healed in longer term.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Besides professional help with the trauma and aftereffects of saving his friend's life in such a horrific circumstance, prayer always helps unless the recipient rejects it. Perhaps he needs some strong, supportive shoulders to lean on for a while as he comes to terms with what happened and his role in saving a friend's life. Always acknowledge and validate someone's feelings and thoughts because to negate them only increases and elongates the trauma. Doing so (acknowledging and validating and not trying to force the person to think and feel differently) helps a person to dissolve the emotional intensity. It's the greatest gift one can give to another.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Couple of pints and a long walk. Bad situation. Not much else I can think of.

Why bother commenting if you are going to say something as stupid as that?
Pathetic.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

edit on 8-1-2016 by ragsntatters because: actually read the post

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

First off, congratulates to your friend for doing a selfless act in regards to the safety of others. He will never be forgotten for it.

Now, in order to determine a course of action, one needs to know what exactly you mean by breaking down??? Is he losing it as a result of what happened to his friend, his own injuries, or both?? Is it possible his brain may be suffering from the effects of oxygen deprivation from all the smoke inside the enflamed home?? These are possibilities.

Is he breaking down physically, emotionally, or mentally or all of the above?? If interested parties wish to avoid dependency and manipulation at the hands of the state, you will have to bring him into an environment you and he knows he is comfortable in. And then ask IF he is ready to discuss what it is that has him so upset specifically. Only then can the underlying issues of this breakdown be addressed without the destructive interference of establishment care.

However, it is important that he undergo a medical diagnosis in the event his brain did suffer a prolonged moment of oxygen deprivation as the effects can destructive and appear to manifest as psychological issues when they can treated medically (and not with psycho dope, which only serves to further destroy the mental state once the chemical addiction begins)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I can only beg you to seek good, professional help... we regular folks just aren't equipped or trained to say the correct things that will tether someone else to sanity.. . pros get training based on scientific methodology (i.e. results) so... get professional help!

You might say the wrong thing and then blame yourself if it goes bad... not worth the risk to either party... give support and hugs and most importantly, get professional help (grief councilor perhaps?).
edit on 1/8/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Seemed like good advice to me. The pints can sometimes help him let loose of some internal feelings that might be hard to let out.

[snipped]

a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

Your friend is obviously in a bad mental state,who wouldn't be after their own friend tried to commit suicide via self immolation aswell as murder him and everyone else the same way. I think professional help as well as your continued support is required.

edit on 1.9.2016 by Kandinsky because: snipped ill-mannered comment

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I recommend you hook him up with a Crisis Intervention worker. They are specifically trained to deal with this type of incident.

Your local hospital, PD, or FD can help you.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Seemed like good advice to me. The pints can sometimes help him let loose of some internal feelings that might be hard to let out.

It could also makes thing worse by intensifying the emotional turmoil he is in.

Kudos to this hero! What a horrific ordeal to have to experience. A shame that the other guy was so depressed that he would not only try to take his own life, but take others with him. Too bad, he didn't get professional help before that. My heart goes out to all involved. How much damage was done to the others in the house?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

what the fook are we supposed to say over a freaking forum ???????????????????????????

there is this amazing place called reality - where proffesionals live

they are there to help - and do

[snipped]
edit on Sat Jan 9 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: Community Announcement re: Decorum

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

One word, Distance.

If i imagine being in that situation, i would need healthy company, a little alcohol and some good old distance.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Alcohol has antidepressant properties. Aged foods in general will help alleviate the problem with depression. There are some good cheeses out there that work well. Find one of your friends favorite fermented comfort foods and give it to him.
edit on 8-1-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
There is a point where we cannot do anything.

If he is serious, you won't be able to change anything.
If he is just trying to get attention then it is just a cry for help.

It is up to us all how to react to such a person. I tend to say: This is a grown up. Let him do what he wants to do.
This is from the exprience that children have to suffer under such a person for years.

Don't know if this is comparable to the situation.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

You make a decent (if very rude) point... a conspiracy forum likely isn't the best place to go for urgent psychological help, though there are some very capable people here... I'm half surprised someone hasn't said to check for lizardmen or demons in his rectum... although the shock from actions that strange might snap him outta it.

And just to be a snot... it's "Whiners." "Whinners" looks like tiger blood chuggers.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join