It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any beekeepers here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I basically am looking to just ensure we encourage some bees to reside somewhere on the property for pollination purposes. I'm not really looking to harvest honey.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

There are.

look in this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
As long as you have something to attract pollinators, you should get them coming to your property without living there.

From what I have seen with my neighbors, those butterfly bushes really attract them.

The closest I have ever gotten to being a beekeeper is when I caught a yellowjacket and kept it in a plastic bag until I could get it to my coworker that is allergic and runs around screaming like a little girl flailing his arms when he sees one.

edit on b000000312016-01-08T09:18:42-06:0009America/ChicagoFri, 08 Jan 2016 09:18:42 -0600900000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I support brentford FC if that helps.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
David Suzuki is like the Canadian version of an environmentalist Neil deGrasse Tyson. We followed some of his tips to create a bee garden to great success!

Bee Garden Tips

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I have some experience in beekeeping. Plant wild flowers. Make sure your walls and attic are sealed. They are a nuisance if they nest up in your house.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
I basically am looking to just ensure we encourage some bees to reside somewhere on the property for pollination purposes. I'm not really looking to harvest honey.

Check your local yellow pages or equivalent for professional beekeepers and societies, they will be glad to help you decide what to plant and you may even get some local honey although this isn't what you seek primarily.

Nice one for doing a good thing, happy planting.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

ive done a couple seasons is was my favorite job ive had to this day, I am no expert but i have retained some knowledge what do you want to know.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Mmmm.. royal jelly, make sure you find it, if you succeed..

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
We have hives here, wild bees I guess but some look like they may be tame bees that moved away from one of the people around here who raise them. I try to live in harmony with bees and bugs of all kinds. We have lots of spiders and tree frogs around our house to catch bugs. The birds also eat bugs but usually do not eat bees.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Yeah, the FlowHive is pretty cool, but also not cheap. Since I only need the bees to pollinate, I think the main thing to do is plant flowering plants that attract them.

new topics

top topics

join