It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi Republicans Can You..??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Unfortunately his pride for the military, his outlook on the threat of terrorism, and his ideology to earn what you get or want is what dropped him down below the hardcore lefty candidates. He was the last true hope of bringing us together and the dems pissed him away.

I am a lefty by today's standards, yet I have pride in our military being a vet myself.
I want to fight terrorism by all possible means, but I understand one cannot kill an idea with guns and bombs
so I want smart ways to fight terror.
Jim Webb he could have been a better campaigner but he didn't for whatever reason stir any passion .
edit on 8-1-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Trump is high in the polls because the people are fed up with RINOs.

Why draft one of the worst RINOs?

Therein lies the real problem of today's GOP. Nobody wants to put the electable members of the Republican Party up as real options. Call them RINOs, when what they are in reality is the best option the party has on the Presidential level.

You can't campaign on a strict extreme right wing agenda and win the Presidency. You lose the swing vote, you lose the election. The GOP desperately needs their "RINOs" to keep them from falling further backwards into eventual obscurity.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

NO

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: skunkape23
I don't take sides, but Colin Powell is not even worth considering. He knowingly lied us into the war with Iraq. # that guy.

Yes but considering my options here, he sounds less cray than today's top runners and I didn't do Condi as she was as much responsible for the 911 muck-up as did Bush.

I have a question:

Why would we take the advice of someone left-leaning as to whom our candidate should be?

There is a reason why they are the opposition party. You lean left, you have Democrats to fulfill that fantasy. It always bothers me that the left is always so full of such helpful advice to the right to make our candidates more acceptable to them.

You know what? I don't want a left-leaning right candidate. We've have enough.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

Oh please, we did that for the past two election cycles. Romney and McCain were the "electable" candidates.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
More like Allan west or trey gowdy if they were going for good people

I don't know I think they are all shams on both sides

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: skunkape23
I don't take sides, but Colin Powell is not even worth considering. He knowingly lied us into the war with Iraq. # that guy.

Yes but considering my options here, he sounds less cray than today's top runners and I didn't do Condi as she was as much responsible for the 911 muck-up as did Bush.

I have a question:

Why would we take the advice of someone left-leaning as to whom our candidate should be?

There is a reason why they are the opposition party. You lean left, you have Democrats to fulfill that fantasy. It always bothers me that the left is always so full of such helpful advice to the right to make our candidates more acceptable to them.

You know what? I don't want a left-leaning right candidate. We've have enough.

Do you believe the Reagan white house to be left leaning??.
Yes I want Republican candidates to be acceptable not only to me but to Americans at large, this crop of candidates are too extreme and so willfully divisive nothing gets done, so extreme they would violate the Logan act, yes I am not that young when I could not remember a time when both parties could work together on certain issues but remained vibrant opposition.
Forgot to add I remember studying something in civics class about compromise built into our political system a term or action now despised.
edit on 8-1-2016 by Spider879 because: Add content

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

Oh please, we did that for the past two election cycles. Romney and McCain were the "electable" candidates.

Romney and McCain both killed their own campaigns. McCain by Palin (to a degree) and the force that was the Obama campaign, and Romney by going out of his way to insult everyone who wasn't a Republican core voter already. The only reason he lost was his incredible failure to court the swing vote. He insulted them instead.

<< 1   >>

join