It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Let's Make America Strong Again

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:19 PM
a reply to: kendix1960

No one ever said it would be easy or without sacrifice, but the price simply has to be paid.

Are you going the help pay that then?

I don't want more families in ruins because jimmy got sent overseas to a war that some guys in suits decided we needed to go to.
And then the families of the country we decided to blow up lose their loved ones and who do you think they turn to?
The next radical group.

We tried this already, AQ and the Taliban had the same threats that you keep saying.
What did that war accomplish??

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:25 PM

originally posted by: kendix1960
a reply to: windword

Nope. I was never a fan of Dick Cheney. Quite the opposite in fact. But once again this isn't about right wing politics or left wing politics or war mongering. Nor is it about whether one calls himself or herself a Democrat or a Republican. It is rather about the freedom and liberty and way of life that America has always fought to protect and preserve. I'm simply an independently thinking citizen who wants our country to be strong again. I hate war and the sacrifices of war, but I assure you that Isis has only one agenda and that is to impose their way of life on all the rest of us through terror, violence, and murder. Unfortunately this is simply a war that we have to fight and can't afford to lose. We owe a decent future to ourselves and to our children and grandchildren. Hopefully the sacrifices to come will not fall on their shoulders if we do what is necessary now.

Sorry, but you don't say "I hate war and the sacrifices of war", then turn around and advocate a war. If you really "hate war and the sacrifices of war", don't promote war. It's really simple. Let me show you how it works:

Wrong Version: I hate bell peppers, so let's eat bell peppers for lunch.

Correct Version: I hate bell peppers so let's never eat bell peppers.

Wrong Version: I hate war, so let's increase our bombing of Syria & put 50,000 boots on the ground there.

Correct Version: I hate war so let's pull out of our overseas wars and military operations, then outlaw all wars except fighting to protect our territory.

See how that works?

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:34 PM
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Sorry but you just don't get it!

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:40 PM
When was America great?

After the two world wars they started to excel economically and somewhat socially.

Particularly after WWII when the economy for everybody, particularly the lower middle class, started to raise wages through unions and high taxes on the rich.

In the early fifties all the way through the 60’s and 70’s up until the 80’s when Ronald Reagan stopped that with union-busting and welfare bashing and huge tax cuts for the rich. Then over the years since then all the high wage accomplishments began to fade.

Then they came with the trade deals that sent good jobs overseas as well the bad banking policies.

Now we are in a constant wage recession and demand recession just because ordinary people no longer have the high wage jobs to support the demand of a growing economy.

So therefore America is close to a third world country and no where near as Trump says:
Becoming great again.

The OP is talking neocon rhetoric which will not make America great but probably bring the world to a third world war.

America will only become great again with a foreign policy somewhat like Rand Paul and a domestic economic policy like Bernie Sanders.

edit on 10-1-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:43 PM

originally posted by: kendix1960
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Sorry but you just don't get it!

I get it quite well. I entered this thread expecting a call to upgrade our schools, infrastructure, and health care systems while decreasing our dependence on nonrenewable energy sources. You know, things that would make America stronger. But all I saw was "More war because I hate war".

If you were honest and said you like, love, or can tolerate war under certain circumstances, that would be different. I literally wouldn't have posted a reply. But acting like you're anti-war after the pro-war stance from your OP is both laughable & insulting, especially since I'm actually anti-war.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:23 PM
Having read what the OP has stated the following can be stated:

I would disagree with the OP’s assessment, as it leads to war and endless conflict. The country is too far in debt as it stands and ultimately the last 2 armed conflicts, namely Iraq and Afghanistan has not gone over very well, costing trillions in money, assets and a generation of men that we will have to take care of.
The infrastructure of the USA is crumbling, there are a lot of social problems that are plaguing the country for years to come and if I was in charge here is what I would do:
1) I would cut the military budget by half. It is time that the world stand up for itself and stop relying on the USA to come in and save the day, to be the police of the world. Where has that gotten the USA? Being looked at as a bully, with bases all around the world, time to shut them down and slowly pull out, letting other countries start solving their own problems.
2) Start to deal with countries as equal, not isolating them cause we do not like the government. Instead of talking down to nations, perhaps letting them dictate how they will run themselves, honoring their peoples choices.
3) Redo the entire tax code to where it closes loop holes and makes it where people and businesses can not get out of paying taxes. Make it where a person or business would have to pay say 15 cents on every dollar made in federal taxes, and the same with the state taxes as well.
4) Start by upgrading and fixing the infrastructure of the country. Make it last for a good 60 years and be in law that it has to come first.
5) Pay back the money owed to Social Security and medicare that has been taken by the federal government over the years to pay for other things and work on getting a surplus.
6) Pay off the national debt, and that includes for the past wars that should have been paid off already. And to pay off our creditors as well. Work on strengthening the dollar, instead of using it and a credit card to pay for everything.
7) Start with changing the hearts and minds of people getting them to be more inclusive in the social area.
8) As far as the immigration policy, well that would be changed to where the USA would be more like other countries and be more selective when it comes to refugees and immigrants. Time to close the loop holes and policies of the past.
9) Cut all foreign aid to other countries around the world. Time we stop paying people who do not like us, and let them deal without money from the tax paying citizen to pay for their bad choices and judgement.
10) Put forth with a pen, like FDR, to solve and cure the major medical problems of the age.
11) Put more money into NASA and get the USA back into space again, going further and like the days of old, stepping on another world and returning the men home safely again.
12) When it comes to conflicts, allow for plans to win the actual conflict and to clean up the mess left after such. But that means any who want the USA to do such, also has to foot the bill for such, and if say Russia or China disagree, you turn the entire problem over to them, and step back, let them solve it fully and completely.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:39 PM
I totally thought this was satire at first. Then I realized you were serious. Okey doke have fun with that!

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:40 PM

Sounds like you think America would be great with no military to protect us,

Protect us from what?

ISS? who do you think created ISS? Terrorism?

Terrorism is created to help rule the world by using fear and it works very well.

Our military are in wars that they have no business being in. The fact is, no country has declared war against the United States or attacked the United States since WWII when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor.

After 911 the United States went to war in Afghanistan, and Iraq based on lies, and the fact is neither of these two countries had anything to do with 911.

Afghanistan, and Iraq did not attack the United States nor did they declare war against the United States.

However the banking cartels such as the Feds, IMF, and the World Banking cartels who are backing all these illegal wars and have complete control of our military and Congress, these entities are the real enemies of the world, while racking in billions in profits for themselves.

My understanding is the Wold Bank and the IMF were not able to gain control of Afghanistan, and Iraq until the United States invaded both counties, now they have complete control of their economy and have plundered and looted the people, also stealing their resources such as their oil, mineral rights and last of all the drug markets, meaning the poppy fields.

The corrupt banking cartels uses our military that are now part of the UN Charter.

Who created Al-Qaeda?

America Created Al-Qaeda and the ISIS Terror Group

Much like Al Qaeda, the Islamic State (ISIS) is made-in-the-USA, an instrument of terror designed to divide and conquer the oil-rich Middle East and to counter Iran’s growing influence in the region.

The fact that the United States has a long and torrid history of backing terrorist groups will surprise only those who watch the news and ignore history.

The CIA first aligned itself with extremist Islam during the Cold War era. Back then, America saw the world in rather simple terms: on one side, the Soviet Union and Third World nationalism, which America regarded as a Soviet tool; on the other side, Western nations and militant political Islam, which America considered an ally in the struggle against the Soviet Union.

The director of the National Security Agency under Ronald Reagan, General William Odom recently remarked, “by any measure the U.S. has long used terrorism. In 1978-79 the Senate was trying to pass a law against international terrorism – in every version they produced, the lawyers said the U.S. would be in violation.”

During the 1970′s the CIA used the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt as a barrier, both to thwart Soviet expansion and prevent the spread of Marxist ideology among the Arab masses. The United States also openly supported Sarekat Islam against Sukarno in Indonesia, and supported the Jamaat-e-Islami terror group against Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto in Pakistan. Last but certainly not least, there is Al Qaeda.

Lest we forget, the CIA gave birth to Osama Bin Laden and breastfed his organization during the 1980′s. Former British Foreign Secretary, Robin Cook, told the House of Commons that Al Qaeda was unquestionably a product of Western intelligence agencies. Mr. Cook explained that Al Qaeda, which literally means an abbreviation of “the database” in Arabic, was originally the computer database of the thousands of Islamist extremists, who were trained by the CIA and funded by the Saudis, in order to defeat the Russians in Afghanistan.

Now you should understand why we the United States are in violation of international laws, and have committed Treason against the American people by lying to them.

You want a strong America again?

You will not have a strong America if We The People do not correct this atrocity by removing the corrupted military, Congress, and the illegal Banking cartels.

When I say military, I mean by removing the corrupt Joint Chief of Staffs.

no government to provide our seniors with social security benefits which they paid into a fund all their working lives to help them in retirement,

I do not believe while removing corrupt officials in Office will have an effect social security benefits. The United States has laws for emergency contingencies to prevent this from happening.

and no legislature to provide statutes to protect our citizens. Isis would love to make war on an America like that! Anarchy doesn't work in civilized society. What you propose would only create a jungle. I'm glad you're not running for any important political office!

As I stated above about ISS and Terrorism, once you remove the corrupt from the top of our government, you will have nothing to fear.

It will be a matter of removing corrupt officials and having new elections with no "lobbying allowed" and voting in good people who want to represent We The People, and creating a new Banking system by the people for the people.

This will be the beginning, then America can concentrate on bringing our jobs back and stopping all the outsourcing and work on new trade deals and rebuild this great county again.

edit on 10-1-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:53 PM
a reply to: moresco

You must be on Obama's payroll or you're simply delusional. Time you got on the side of your country.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:56 PM
This is the worst plan ever.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:13 PM
a reply to: KingBase

Really. Can you suggest a better one? Or do you just want to wait and hope all of these issues just disappear on their own.

Difficult issues require solutions and effort. They also require a recognition that when an approach like that of President Obama's isn't working, another approach is necessary. But to stay the present course we're on per the President is nothing more than an Rx for disaster. We can't wait for another 9/11 Paris or California. We're talking about lives and not theory. Look around. Our nation is already at war and we didn't start that war.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:17 PM
Putting a stop to foreign aid is the first step in reigning in out of control spending and helping foreign nations to learn how to stand on their own two feet without being dependent on others for economic prosperity.

It will help our nation to avoid nasty political entanglements and alliances with other countries, and will improve the quality of life for Americans by taking less taxes. It’s a win-win for everyone
With a national debt reaching astronomical proportions, the money that is used for this aid is confiscated through taxes, which must continue to increase in order to keep giving funds.
What the government doesn’t get from taxes, it then creates through the power of the printing press, which means inflation
America’s national debt is around $17 trillion dollars, and we got in this hole by living outside of our means and spending money we simply don’t have. If this debt continues to grow, it could lead to an economic collapse, and then everybody loses.
If a leader continues to neglect his people, they will eventually revolt.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:20 PM
The OP does have a plan of action. Not many others do.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:26 PM
a reply to: Quantum12

Thank you!

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:30 PM
You make America strong by making Americans, who live here strong.

If people are struggling to pay bills, feed themselves, find work and keep a roof over their heads ... there's no way we're going to be able to fend off all the external threats you've listed.

I've never understood the conservative ideology of ignoring domestic affairs and galvanizing people by hammering the scary external threats.

America: only as strong as her own people.

We've been neglecting the home front for far, far to long.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:57 PM
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I'm neither a conservative or a liberal. What does paying bills have to do with trying to stop jihadist killers from harming you and your loved ones? You really just don't get it, do you? Better reorient your priorities. I'm also for a better life for our people but we need to focus on preserving our way of life and our lives themselves first!

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:18 PM
The OP is saying lets make America strong and safe is my opion.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:28 AM

If we're crumbling and decaying and rotting inside America, it doesn't matter what these external threats are. America will fall internally under its own weight.

You can be the biggest, baddest, most burly badass -- but if you have kidney failure or liver disease you'll just fall down and die on the battlefield.

To be strong on the outside, you have to be strong on the inside.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 08:11 AM
a reply to: MystikMushroom

You're right if we are crumbling from the inside. Indeed the Roman Empire fell due to having decayed from the inside. It was only after that when they were destroyed by the barbarian hordes.

While there is no doubt that America needs much repair on it's infrastructure and social ills, we must still prioritize the task of defeating Isis because these terrorists are not just going to sit back and wait until we boost the minimum wage,and fix our roads and power grid before attempting more attacks against the West and ultimately against us here at home.

Hence I still say that we must defeat Isis NOW!!

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:23 AM
If you don't specifically mark this as satire... people will not think that you are? Trump supporters are literally like this...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>