It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Make America Strong Again

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
No.

We need to go back toward a more isolationist foreign policy like before WW1 and WW2 and use the military to secure the borders of our country instead of letting corporations use them to destroy other countries and governments to only go in afterward to do their "nation building" nonsense and steal their resources to sell back to those "consumers".

We have become the problem because our answer to problems is to do exactly what it is the OP suggests.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
1) Reinstate NASA to its former glory(pre-Obama)
2) Return to the moon(see #1 and reinstate Constellation and Ares V programs)
3) Dismantle the Affordable care act thus returning control of 16% of our economy back to the people
4) Find countries who are throwing homosexuals from buildings then bomb those countries until they have no buildings.
5) Build an actual fence on the southern border...
6) Invade Persia(Iran) and remove their ability to refine uranium
7) Rework trade deals with India, China and greater Asia Minor so as to bring jobs back to the us by making it more affordable to manufacturer here.
8) Institute a policy of oil saturation. Open all our drilling prowess to the frontiers of Alaska and dominate the worlds oil market...this would require pipelines from Canada and a restart of many of Texas' plants...
9) Halt all immigration (if memory serves we did this in 1924 or 25) until we can assimilate the ones already here to be in more in line with American sensibilities...
10) Send our new president to Cairo and do the exact opposite thing president Obama did his first week in office. Tell them America WILL get involved in Arab affairs...especially when it comes to subjugating women and attempting genocide....you can be damn sure Obamas speech and the Arab Spring were not only related, they were case-effect

I could go on but it would take all day and I already feel like the old man yelling kids to get off my lawn despite my age

-Christosterone

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Allow mechanization to be put to use for the purposes it was sold to us as having, to make lives easier, to reduce the need to toil.

A fundamental paradigm shift in governance and the financial industry would be required to institute any beneficial change for the majority of the populace, and many would not see the benefits of a fairer society because most are psychopaths and simply do not know any better.

The way we live has made us retarded.

America is #ing doomed.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
No.

We need to go back toward a more isolationist foreign policy like before WW1 and WW2 and use the military to secure the borders of our country instead of letting corporations use them to destroy other countries and governments to only go in afterward to do their "nation building" nonsense and steal their resources to sell back to those "consumers".

We have become the problem because our answer to problems is to do exactly what it is the OP suggests.

A Republican

A Democrat
Our parents or grand parents fell asleep at the wheel and we have yet to wake up.
edit on 8-1-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

If we are so strong, why does our top general tell us we simply aren't ready to defeat Isis? We can work on infrastructure and bolster manufacturing as soon as we make our country safe again and as soon as we can protect our people from terrorist threats.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: crazyewok

That's because we haven't gone in with the goal of actually winning. I don't disagree with you. Maybe I was misinterpreting the OP, but it seems to me that he was just saying we need to destroy those that want to destroy us and be done with it. From the outside looking in, we may have the largest military budget, but it doesn't feel like it. That's just me being a civilian and the angle I have. As weird as it may seem, I agree with you AND the OP.

Trust me. You have the lagest miliatry. 10 Aircraft carriers and the biggest most advanced airforce in the worlds says so.

With the ME I dont think miliatry force is going to "win" it. You need to attack those with sanctions funding terrorsim IE the Saudis.
edit on 8-1-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

I agree. We must make America free again!

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: kendix1960
a reply to: Vector99

If we are so strong, why does our top general tell us we simply aren't ready to defeat Isis? We can work on infrastructure and bolster manufacturing as soon as we make our country safe again and as soon as we can protect our people from terrorist threats.

Simple we lack out of the box thinking and solutions, not arms.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Where do you get this 16% of the economy with the Aca?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Steps Needed to Get America On the Right Track: (1) Increase the military budget to a trillion dollars. (2) Markedly increase bombing raids over Syria. (3) Lead coalition of our allies in placing up to 50,000 boots on the ground to destroy Isis in Syria, Iraq, and Libya so as to include Arab partners such as Jordan and Saudi Arabia. (4) Stop letting Isis know in advance what we are going to do. (5) Call Isis what they are i.e. radical Islamic terrorists out to destroy our way of life in a world wide holy war against western civilization and culture. (6) Stop using the idea of political correctness to excuse cowardly inaction and fear. (6) Take the fight to the enemy and destroy them where they live before they try to come to us in order to kill us where we live. (7) Only negotiate with Vladimir Putin after we restore our nuclear triad and increase our military budget so we can act from a position of strength rather than weakness as we have been doing. (8) Introduce a Bill of Impeachment against President Obama for failing to protect our nation and turning his back on our greatest Middle East partner, Israel, if the President continues to refuse to deal effectively with the terrorists and continues to cave into Iran. (9) Pull out of the awful Iran-Nuclear deal as Iran continues it's ballistic testing and development of nuclear war heads in violation of the said deal and in violation of U.N. sanctions. (10) Stop ignoring ever increasing tendencies in Europe and elsewhere to attempt a link between the Israeli- Palestinian issue and the motives of Isis when the two are entirely unrelated problems.

Pure comedy. Here's the reality.

1. Our military budget is already bloated and needs to be cut drastically. We don't need 700 Military installations around the world to keep us safe.
2. We need to keep out of Syria. Less bombing. ISIS hasn't done anything in the US and there are dozens of countries taking the lead like IRAQ, TURKEY, RUSSIA and JORDAN. We'll always have a few nuts coming here to kill someone but we can't let fear lead our lives.
3. No more boots on the ground in the middle east. I know vets that have been wounded, killed and blown up. It's not pretty. I don't want any more of our children going over there to fight for oil. And neither should you.
4. We don't really let ISIS know what we're going to do and again, why so afraid of a few guys in toyota pick up trucks. Their not coming over here and Russia has them handled.
5. We don't need to focus any more on ISIS. We got it.
6. I could agree here but political correctness in what way? What do you mean?
7. We are very strong Militarily, what position of weakness?
8,. You'd have to really lay out a strong case of why you would want to impeach Obama. I'm not seeing it. IN fact, it could be argued that Obama has made us stronger on the International arena than BUSH, Clinton and BUSH Sr. did.
9. AGain, you have to lay out why you think the IRAN deal is bad, especially when some of the biggest world powers ironed it out. IT's not an American or Obama Deal. It was fashioned by RUSSIA, CHINA, THE EU, FRANCE etc.
10. That's a really small issue.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: kendix1960

Ummm, I don't really think ISIS is actually here so much as over the in the ME.

It wouldn't really be hard to keep it contained here if it was here, if everyone was able to bring arms to bear in self defense instead of running around like idiots in expectation of being protected by others in this "security and safety theater".

The problem is being manufactured through the passing of unconstitutional laws and executive orders to make it a problem here through the ignorant obedience of so called , "law abiding citizens" who know full well the new rules are horse crap and only help those who have no respect for the rules, leaving the "law abiding citizens" helpless in the face of aggression by others.

Kind of like air bags produce more people that are terribly disabled instead of dead who simply need to not drive or be better drivers,for the medical industry to benefit from, and the medical industry once again stands to gain from the illnesses which are the direct result of the inactivity of driving a vehicle instead of getting of the ass and walking.

There is no secure, there is no safe, there is however plenty of fear to capitalize on by those in the position to do so....

Attacking other countries and leaving the country itself less secure while producing more people from all over the world who dislike the united states doesn't really help, really, if one thinks about it, how could it?, what would you do if the countries in the ME were more powerful and attacked our country the way we do theirs?.

....Probably have Christian militias attacking soft targets there and here and wherever they could be found....

I really can't fathom how it would benefit anyone other than those in a position to profit from it.

Turn off your TV and look out the window, there isn't a terrorist squatting behind every rock out there except that chipmunk that wants to gnaw a hole in your house and enjoy free shelter, same as you would if you had the option....And he's just a little animal.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Steps Needed to Get America On the Right Track: (1) Increase the military budget to a trillion dollars. (2) Markedly increase bombing raids over Syria. (3) Lead coalition of our allies in placing up to 50,000 boots on the ground to destroy Isis in Syria, Iraq, and Libya so as to include Arab partners such as Jordan and Saudi Arabia. (4) Stop letting Isis know in advance what we are going to do. (5) Call Isis what they are i.e. radical Islamic terrorists out to destroy our way of life in a world wide holy war against western civilization and culture. (6) Stop using the idea of political correctness to excuse cowardly inaction and fear. (6) Take the fight to the enemy and destroy them where they live before they try to come to us in order to kill us where we live. (7) Only negotiate with Vladimir Putin after we restore our nuclear triad and increase our military budget so we can act from a position of strength rather than weakness as we have been doing. (8) Introduce a Bill of Impeachment against President Obama for failing to protect our nation and turning his back on our greatest Middle East partner, Israel, if the President continues to refuse to deal effectively with the terrorists and continues to cave into Iran. (9) Pull out of the awful Iran-Nuclear deal as Iran continues it's ballistic testing and development of nuclear war heads in violation of the said deal and in violation of U.N. sanctions. (10) Stop ignoring ever increasing tendencies in Europe and elsewhere to attempt a link between the Israeli- Palestinian issue and the motives of Isis when the two are entirely unrelated problems.

(11) Mandatory education on how to use the enter key.

PS: This is satire right?

(post by LSU0408 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

PS: This is satire right?

It's either satire or so patently ignorant that no amount of discussion is going to change op's mind; so why were entertaining it here, I'll never understand.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

We had just suffered through the 9/11 attack in New York. Do you advise waiting for another 9/11 on our shores before taking the war to Isis? No one wants war but we are already at war! We must be militarily stronger to take the lead against Isis and then we need to go all out to defeat them or we do risk another 9/11. The entire Los Angeles public school system had to be shut down recently due to a credible terrorist threat, and we have already seen a radicalized jihadist attack in California take place.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

This about protecting our homeland and preserving Western Civilization, and not about enriching oil companies.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

This about protecting our homeland and preserving Western Civilization, and not about enriching oil companies.

Your home land is perfectly safe.

Chinese and Russian troops wont be invading you even if you cut your budget by half.

I mean really do you even know how much is spent already on your armed forces and the technology avaliable to it?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

We had just suffered through the 9/11 attack in New York. Do you advise waiting for another 9/11 on our shores before taking the war to Isis? No one wants war but we are already at war! We must be militarily stronger to take the lead against Isis and then we need to go all out to defeat them or we do risk another 9/11. The entire Los Angeles public school system had to be shut down recently due to a credible terrorist threat, and we have already seen a radicalized jihadist attack in California take place.

With fears like this, it must be terrifying to go to sleep at night for you.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

That isn't whining... it is saying that he is tired of people that don't go to war saying that we need to go.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I agree with the OP we need to make America Strong again!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join