It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Make America Strong Again

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Well this lacks any military, strategic or political sense.

The US military does not need expanding. What would be the point of that? Other than to bankrupt the nation. We could cut our budget in half and still remain on top.

Sending 50,000 troops into the ISIS fight would be stupid. It would play into ISIS hands who would claim that the zionist controled US and its Christians puppets were their to slaughter Muslims in new Crusade and completely revive ISIS recruiting. Not to mention with the US their the other forces would all pull back and let the US bleed while they rebuilt to fight each other or whatever new group would spring up when the US left again.

As we have seen you can not fight other peoples wars for them. You can help them, support them and advise them but, unless they do it themselves everything will simply fall apart when the US leaves.

As is ISIS has lost and is losing ground everywhere. And it is being done in a common sense way with local forces backed by Coalition air power, so their will be no collapse the day the US leaves. I know in a world of short attention spans the idea a military campaign that is based on attrition and taking the initiative is hard to understand because that is not the way it happens in videos games. However, their are people do this for a living. Who understand warfare. ISIS is done. Its is simply a matter of time.

I think its best you leave defense related issues to the professionals.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: kendix1960

So you hate war, but present a 10point plan, which cover only wars?
You really still think the War of Terrorism is about freedom and liberty?

How about:
- education
- improve infrastructure
- implement alternative energies, so you are less dependent of oil
- bring the soldiers back home again
- restart to make international friends
- enjoy a peacful life

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Congress absolutely must find a way to provide an adequate enough military budget so as to be fully able to help defeat Isis and properly negotiate with Putin, who continues to make Russia stronger and stronger as we grow weaker and weaker. Furthermore Russia will help Iran continue to grow stronger as well. Congress has always found the means to provide the funds needed to give our military the adequate ability to counter global threats and keep America safe. Whatever it takes to continue to do so now by way of military budget must be utilized as the stakes have never been higher. These grave issues must be emphasized now, and if they are, I believe Isis can be defeated relatively quickly. I also believe that Putin can be made to respect our global positions, and that Iran can be neutralized as an exporter of terrorism. But only if Congress provides the tools to our armed forces necessary to do so. We simply cannot continue to allow our military to weaken and our nuclear triad to collect dust while Putin sees to it that his county has what it needs to assert world domination and Isis continues to threaten our daily lives with terrorist attacks around the world and ultimately here at home. Our children and grandchildren deserve a better future than that.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84

If Isis prevails, there will be no freedom and liberty for the western world. Only their ideas of life on this planet. You bet your life it's about that!

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Increase the military budget to a trillion dollars

If that amount can't get the job done, then lets be Sweden and invest that proposed Trillion in people ,useful technologies, and infrastructure.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

So pretty much your answer is to more war and more death in the ME.

Ya, that was totally worked in the past 30 years.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

edit on thFri, 08 Jan 2016 00:27:46 -0600America/Chicago120164680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

1) USA already has enough nukes to destroy Russia a few times over.

2)USA alreadys spends more on ist military than the other top 10 countrys combined.

3) Interfering in the ME has NEVER worked out well has it?

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I read stuff like this and I swear people are strapped to chairs with their eyes forcibly being held open while they are spoon-fed fox news propaganda, before being sat in front of a keyboard and commanded to regurgitate as much of it as possible.

Seriously, its depressing.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: kendix1960
a reply to: Sremmos80

Congress absolutely must find a way to provide an adequate enough military budget so as to be fully able to help defeat Isis and properly negotiate with Putin, who continues to make Russia stronger and stronger as we grow weaker and weaker. Furthermore Russia will help Iran continue to grow stronger as well. Congress has always found the means to provide the funds needed to give our military the adequate ability to counter global threats and keep America safe. Whatever it takes to continue to do so now by way of military budget must be utilized as the stakes have never been higher. These grave issues must be emphasized now, and if they are, I believe Isis can be defeated relatively quickly. I also believe that Putin can be made to respect our global positions, and that Iran can be neutralized as an exporter of terrorism. But only if Congress provides the tools to our armed forces necessary to do so. We simply cannot continue to allow our military to weaken and our nuclear triad to collect dust while Putin sees to it that his county has what it needs to assert world domination and Isis continues to threaten our daily lives with terrorist attacks around the world and ultimately here at home. Our children and grandchildren deserve a better future than that.

Where do you get this stuff? Americans have a better chance at getting eaten by shark than being killed by ISIS. And what is this nonsense with Russia? Russia is no threat to the US. Russia has a bloated, poorly funded, ill trained, military riddled with corruption. Its performance in Ukraine and Syria shows a military who is decades behind in guided weapons and still unable to over come what should be vastly inferior forces in open combat. On top of the Putin is driving Russia to ruin. It is isolated, its economy is in ruins, it is losing all its markets to the West and China and its military has a terrible corruption problem. Let me put it in simple terms. Russia is trying to maintain a military 1/3 the size of the US with 1/15 of the budget.

If you going to come up with heavily exaggerate threats, use China at least are making some progress on becoming a modern military force, although the current economic down turn is going to slow that.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Furthermore Russia will help Iran continue to grow stronger as well.

Now I am really afraid of Iran - NOT

Since WWII Iran has not attacked a single country.
While the US meddled numerous times with Iran toppling the democratic elected government, IranContra Affair, delivering weapons to both sides of the Iran/Iraq war.

And alQaida as well as ISIS would not exist without the US:
reverbpress.com... reated-isis/

But yeah, more warmongering will definetly change the situation.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Einstein.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Sharks?

Even bees are more dangerous then Terrorism:

"In the past decade, 29 Americans have been killed in violent jihadist attacks on American soil, according to data from the New America Foundation" (while 132,349 have been killed in gun violence homicides....)

That makes it a 2.9 average per year.

Vs. Bees: 53 people die each year in the U.S. because of an allergic reaction from being stung.

Sources:

Terrorism vs gun violence

11 animals more dangerous than sharks

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Looks like some people would rather us sit back and take it on the chin while hoping for the best. I see what you're saying though and I agree, we need to strengthen the military and go destroy our enemy. THEN we can live in peace.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Stuff like this doesn't get presented on Fox News, where did you get that from? It looks like the OP just wants to wipe out the enemy. Go to war with the goal of winning, then be done with it. I don't see a problem in eliminating our enemies.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Considering America is strong, in fact, extremely strong, and most of your points are either bullet points in a plan to weaken America, or mere political nonsense at best (ex: the fantasy reasons for impeachment, which aren't even grounds for impeachment if they were real.)

Not doing exactly what Israel wants us to do, regardless of whether it's in our best interests does not constitute "turning our backs on Israel." I think the fact Israel still exists as anything more than a rubble heap is testament that we have not turned our backs on Israel.

As far as restoring our nuclear triad, which leg of the triad needs restoring? The ICBMs, long range nuclear bombers, or nuclear armed subs? I was under the impression all remained operational. When did this happen, and when did our military stop being a position of strength? I guess i missed something last night because as of yesterday evening, these things were all fine. Weird.

I could address each point separately, but if you're just going for fiction, what's the point in bullet pointing reality?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Looks like some people would rather us sit back and take it on the chin while hoping for the best. I see what you're saying though and I agree, we need to strengthen the military and go destroy our enemy. THEN we can live in peace.

We have the strongest military in the history of this planet and until I can find verifiable proof, then that goes for the known universe and still we are without peace, having a bigassed military in no way guarantees peace, just like having guns up the ying yang do not guarantee domestic safety same as Somalia and Yemen, do you know which country had peace for a very long time???... Sweden!!
edit on 8-1-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Its already the most powerfull military on earth! How are you to strengthen it more?

The problem is not money FFS. In fact your military is like your welfare, it wastes so much. Instead of throwing more money at it how makeing use what it has better?

wanting to throw money at it is no more better than lefties wanting more money thrown at welfare.

Plus

e need to strengthen the military and go destroy our enemy.

That’s doesn’t work in the ME so well and more military spending wont solve that issue. Its not technology and money that been a problem is the USA dicking around in ME. F-22, B2's and multi billion dollar aircraft carriers mean F all in Asymmetrical warfare.

Plus most the problem in the ME have been caused by the USA and UK pissing around in ME affairs. Doing the same is likley not going to fix anything. As the saying goes insanity is doing the same thing over and over again.
edit on 8-1-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

We have the strongest military in the history of this planet and until I can find verifiable proof, then that goes for the known universe and still we are without peace, having a bigassed military in no way guarantees peace, just like having guns up the ying yang do not guarantee domestic safety same as Somalia and Yemen, do you know which country had peace for a very long time???... Sweden!!

Whoa whoa whoa! I highly doubt we could withstand an alien attack...

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

That's because we haven't gone in with the goal of actually winning. I don't disagree with you. Maybe I was misinterpreting the OP, but it seems to me that he was just saying we need to destroy those that want to destroy us and be done with it. From the outside looking in, we may have the largest military budget, but it doesn't feel like it. That's just me being a civilian and the angle I have. As weird as it may seem, I agree with you AND the OP.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I find all these keyboard warriors willing to sacrifice other peoples kids in some faceless war despicable.

If they want to promote this kind of war mongering perhaps they should be posting from their war zone instead
of their comfy www. chair. Be the actual leader you wannabe's, then you might have some credibility.

I served now you wanna send me back....? **** you!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join