It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My sleep Wifi Experiment proved Wifi does interfere with sleep, dreams and ear ringing.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
All routers have options to turn on and off wifi with time parametres.

- I suggest everyone access his router with the internet adress which is usually 192.168.0.1, you might need to be hardwired in the router
- Password should be either blank or "admin"
- Go to wireless setting, or wifi settings depending on the router
- Then, it changes between different types of router, but you should manage to put fixed hours of on and off
- Set it off in hours where no one is using wifi
- Also, if you can get your internet wired, DO IT. It's better, faster, more stable and the side effects on wireless are still unknown.
edit on 8-1-2016 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I don't really care if people here don't believe me as you are not living in my body, therfore, you don't know crap but I'm sensitive to wifi, wireless phones, cell phones and high tension lines. It get dizzy, foggy brain and eventually headaches.

I know that most people don't feel a thing but that doesn't mean their bodies aren't affected. I'm sure a little wireless radiation here and there isn't the end of the world but nowadays, we are bombarded with way waaaay too much and trend isn't stopping. Even some people that only use television service are now being installed routers with wifi turned on automatically even though they don't even have internet access to begin with.

a reply to: ChesterJohn

I believe in the "experiment" even though it's not fully scientific and don't let the disbelievers and ignorants posting in this thread bring you down.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yeah. I sleep with my WiFi on every night and I never have any issues. I will say, however, that I do hear a very high pitched MHz frequency coming from my cell phone charger. Enough that I'll unplug it while I'm gone.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

I don't think you can do that unless you're hardwired into the router, right? Not to mention, that's a universal IP. Trying to find a certain router via WiFi is nearly impossible. Unless things have changed since 2009.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

You could be right about the need of being hardwired first!

I'm always wired so I wouldn't have noticed.

I'll add it to my post, thank you.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

My PROBLEM is too many vivid dreams. I have too much REM sleep. I have removed my phone and laptop from my bedroom, but no change.

I have the same problem, that's why I leave the TV on at night-the noise helps me sleep and if the TV isn't on I have lucid dreams and they are a double edged sword-they can be fantastic,terrifying or both. However I know for a fact the TV has altered my subconscious in my sleep; One night I had a nightmare about a giant rat chasing a women and I woke up and saw king kong the TV. I've played football in my sleep and I've awoken to see football on the TV.

The subconscious brain is hard to understand but I have no doubt in my mind that external stimuli can affect a mind at rest-after all many folk have had nightmares after watching a horror movie.

edit on 8-1-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Im gonna experiment on this tonight. Do you know if the result could also happen overnight? Maybe switch on and off the frequency in an instant?

Wifi have wave patterns, it makes me wonder...

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
After reading through 6 pages of posts I see that there are some variables to consider. My subjects don't own cell phones. they watch cable TV, and use desktop computer only for email and surfing for products to use.

1) age of subject

2) type and amount of devices the subjects have

3) eating and drinking habits of the subject

4) type of building the subject is in

5) age of building subject is in

6) nearness to cell towers and or Major Power lines

edit on 8-1-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Another variable would be WiFi coming from outside the home.

In my neighborhood I get the option to sign onto at least a half dozen networks with my devices.

My yard is an acre and I can pick up my WiFi signal from the other side.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
a reply to: rickymouse

I have a tough time believing that there is no detrimental effect to the human body by the massive amount of extra energy being presented to us in these days. It may be negligible, I have no idea. I do though know that we evolved, grew, and became the animal we are today without all the crap that is being pumped at us by everything from broadcast radio to wifi to cell towers, not to mention all the electricity that flows everywhere all the time.

Is it harmfull? Hell I don't know, but I do know that cancer and other high end type diseases are making a killing these days.

They have found that the sixty hertz that we use is bad for us. The type in Europe is not too bad. Our government is investigating this and they may change this in the future. It would necessitate altering clocks and any timers that are electronic and use the frequency to modulate time.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
After reading through 6 pages of posts I see that there are some variables to consider. My subjects don't own cell phones. they watch cable TV, and use desktop computer only for email and surfing for products to use.

1) age of subject

The thing is that all the other parameters don't really mean anything. Wifi does interact with our brains, you are just verifying others research.

There is no direct harm to cells from wifi but it does promote indirect harm by altering a lot of different processes. There is no real way to access these indirect consequences. So legally they cannot be considered in determining diseases caused or side effects of the signal.

What I am saying is that what you are experimenting with will be considered irrelevant even though it is true.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
Yeah I bet that is true.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

More true then the op....

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

1) age of subject

Given then that you have admitted that your "experiment " failed to take into account a number of major variables do you then also concede that you didn't prove anything.

To be fair a link between wifi signals and sleep is a interesting idea I just happen to think your alleged experiment was the way to "prove" it
edit on 8-1-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

No, as we could not rule out altogether that WiFi does not affect sleep.

I have my own personal experience in turning off WiFi and better sleep, and this simple experiment do show it does affect sleep. And others in this thread agree and stated that it does.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Everyone - I have a confession to make...

In the name of science I decided to embark on an experiment of my own - I wanted to prove that I could trick another science guy into thinking he'd carried out a successful experiment when in actual fact he had not.

I stalked Chester for some time and learned of his plan, he was the ideal test subject.

When he eventually began his experiment I watched from the shadowns...not, not in a creepy way but like a sciencer.

When he entered the second phase of his experiement...I'd sneak back into his neighbors after he'd left and re-enable their wifi....I'd then sneak back in early, before chester woke up, and turn it off again - I stole money a couple of times too, and some biscuits, word on the street is chesters neighbors now lock their door at night.

Sorry mate, couldn't help myself - no harm intended/ Go on, have a flag, this was a fun thread.

edit on 8-1-2016 by samerulesapply because: Made some mistakes.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I think I did a thread on this a while back
www.abovetopsecret.com...
yes wifi does mess you up in more ways than one

edit on 8-1-2016 by Nochzwei because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

Good way to lighten the mood.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

Thanks for the link I had never read it before so I will spend time reading through it.

here is the last thread on this I posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: reldra

Ya, that's not creepy at all.

It's just so funny I am sitting here giggling at how absurd this whole thing is.

It is, in so many ways...LOL

No need to make fun of another poster, if you do not agree with what he says. Then say so but no need for the childish attitude towards another poster. He has tried something he thought would help or prove a point.

I study in computers and no such problems I have come across yet in terms of effecting me or of studies showing WiFi causing problems. Did you know, all computer monitors give off Radiation. I would say this would be one of the route causing of people not sleeping as intended and causing other problems.
edit on 9-1-2016 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join