It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My sleep Wifi Experiment proved Wifi does interfere with sleep, dreams and ear ringing.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

I did not sneak in I had permission.

Even though they don't use the Wifi it is still broadcasting signals. When I am there I use it with my device or laptop computer.

edit on 7-1-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

that was a questionnaire sent out and answered it was not an observational experiment where you have the subject under go certain observations without them knowing what you are studying.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

So you turn up there every day (twice a day) for two weeks just to turn off and on there wifi, purely for your own personal use?

Yeah... I guess that makes perfect sense.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

edit on 8-1-2016 by Iamnotadoctor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I'd know right away if my wifi was off. I take my iPad to bed. I'd be investigating what the issue is.
I wouldn't notice on my phone as much. We're these old people? How didn't they know? Seems odd in this day and age.

Anyways it doesn't appear to be affecting me, no ears ringing, sleeping much better.

I don't think your experiment means much, you need more test subjects,
Wifi is kind of all over the place and hard to turn off. Unless you're out in the sticks.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
1a reply to: Qumulys

Why don't you go back and read the OP, he and others have already explained what you need to know.

So many people trying to play the detective these days but have not got the brains to do it

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I think a lot of you are making calls here you do not know a lot about. Ionized radiation from electric frequencies are supposed to be the dangerous ones. For example a microwave's frequency is 2.4Ghz, same as wifi, except if you're using the N standard and use the 5Ghz option (although I believe that can be more dangerous). A microwave uses ionized radiation i.e. stick your hand in there while it's on, and boom! Cancer city. While wifi, cellphones and a lot of other devices are said to be using non-ionized radiation.

My understanding of this is still pretty basic, I'm by no standard a science expert on EMF, but we were taught in science that you get constructive and deconstructive interference, I have always wondered about deconstructive interference happening between wifi, cellphones, etc. My question is that if enough deconstructive interference happens is it possible for the wavelengths to become small enough to interfere with cell division? Causing mutations like cancer?

I understand enough about the the science to know that it might be possible for these waves to have an effect on the human body. I really enjoyed this experiment, although being small in scale and very slap-dash I think it's great that the OP is trying to answer questions himself.

As for Reldra, I think if you live in America the amount of EMF's in the air are so great that it might be influencing your sleep, independently from your own home wifi or cellphone signals. I think that all these EMF's have an influence, all creatures are very sensitive, in general, including humans. Not enough has been done to study these effects, I also believe that studies can be bias, because we do not yet fully understand the science behind it. Our brains emit waves as well, mentalhealthdaily.com...

Is it perhaps plausible that these waves interfere with brainwaves?

Love this post. Big ups.

P.S
Im still very new to ATS, I'm young, outspoken and love this site, if anything in my post offends, I'm sorry.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I'm wondering...I don't mean to hijack this thread but I've been looking into the Fitbit. I got one for Christmas and it is the Charge HR which monitors the heart rate and sleep patterns. Lately I've noticed that it will give me some complications in the wrist that it is on as well as one of my legs in which I seem to get a tingling sensation. As for the sleep it says I am restless but my GF says that as well just because I am hyperactive and can't sit still to save my life. I'm just wondering now if something in the Fitbit could be causing some issues similar to wifi as well. I mean my room at this point has a PS4, Laptop, cell phone and my Fitbit now.

Despite doing research on it and trying to talk myself out of a nice pedometer and more I can't help but feel there is something going on with the thing. If not it then it certainly is my mind giving my body phantom ailments of some sorts when I put it on.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

I have actually tried the same experiment with myself------considerable difference. Also remember just because the cell phone is turned to airplane mode or is off it should be put minimum of 10ft away.

I actually unplug the ATT cable box as well--that thing is pretty annoying as well.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Qumulys

I did not sneak in I had permission.

Even though they don't use the Wifi it is still broadcasting signals. When I am there I use it with my device or laptop computer.

Obviously it is his parents!
And he probably slept there this Christmas.
edit on -06:00amFri, 08 Jan 2016 04:08:33 -0600am12016Fri, 08 Jan 2016 04:08:33 -060001amFriday by ParanormalGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
wow...what a cynical lot you are. A bloke comes on here and posts a thread and you fight over who can pull his theory apart the fastest. You are the epitome of what is wrong with today's culture. .... lets see who can paste the smartest wittiest reply and aim to make someone look stupid all for likes or stars or flags....whatever.

to the O/P, i was interested in your thread. Funny because over the past month or so i have noticed a significant high pitch in my ears when i sit in a certain place in the house. Might be something to do with the wifi. I plan on turning it off and see if i notice a difference.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Wifi's are by default set up with the maximum possible transmit signal strength; I've found that setting the signal strength to the minimum will still give a five star signal in most buildings. You could consider turning down the signal strength too if it effects you quality of life/sleep.

-MM
edit on 8-1-2016 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Jeez....what a boring lot we are becoming on here. Perhaps that is what is wrong with today's culture, the failure to lighten up !

I think that the OP has an interesting idea and who knows if there is any basis in fact on the question of whether WIFI will disturb sleep patterns. But there has to be a comic element to the whole story of someone creeping about a couple's house like a mischevious WIFI ELF !!
( pun intended, incase you glum nuts miss it )

I award starts and flags for the amusement and interest of the OP and resulting replies. Who gives a crap about stars and flags anyway ?
I disgaree that anyone intentionally tried to make the OP look stupid, instead the whole scenario and images that the method of this experiment conjured up was F U N N Y
Lighten up ATS ..
edit on 8/1/16 by cosmickat because: didn't sleep good last night

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Spending an hour this morning checking out the top "New" threads, I find that this thread has the most pages and, by far, the most one or two sentence replies that are of no value.

Welcome to the new ATS. Trivial mediocracy lives!

I begrudgingly join the crowd!

edit on 8-1-2016 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Qumulys

So you turn up there every day (twice a day) for two weeks just to turn off and on there wifi, purely for your own personal use?

Yeah... I guess that makes perfect sense.

So what? Maybe he lives next door to his parents.
What a load of cap this site has become, nay sayers, mockers and rude too. I haven't been on much for a month, but i haven't come across a single thread tonight where there isn't a couple of people being rude in what they are saying. This site has just become too ugly and negative.

He did a home grown experiment, take it for what it is.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Great job CJ. I applaud your scientific curiosity despite any number of variables that may not have been controlled. At the very least you have shown a curious connection which in itself begs for further study. Don't mind those who would last out against your somewhat lackadaisical methodology. Great work and keep at it cause there damn sure aren't enough curious minds in the world anymore.

A2D

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: dashen
i can confirm these results. i turned off the wifi random nights and my wife had similar results

I just love how clueless some people are to the scientific method and how real research works on ATS.

This does not "confirm" the results a controlled study with thousands of participants conducted in laboratory conditions under the supervision of sleep experts and then published in a respected academic journal would confirm the results.

Not you and your wife

I love how you have this all figured out, but sadly you are both right and wrong at the sametime. It's true that most studies are conducted on a large scale, in a closed environment, and generally over a certain time period as to limit external influence. However, not all experiments are handled this way, in fact most initial discoveries are accidental, or in other words people make small unintended changes to the base processes and notice a difference in the end result. They later try to replicate the results in the same environment to eliminate the chance of it being a random event. If they can replicate the results, then further study might be in order. Which is when it would go into a longer more detailed study (sometimes multiple studies), which would detail what effect each element in the experiment has the total outcome.

So long story short the OP was CJ documenting/displaying his outcomes to his experiments for peer review. It's up to you whether or not you choose to test his theory for yourself or whether you trust his findings. To dismiss them without first trying to replicate the results is just bad form and about as far from the scientific method as you accused him of being.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
Who are these poor people you did this to? Turning off someone's wifi can cause charges is they are running apps on their phone, like facebook, etc, if it is not tethered to the home wifi.

Besides that, I have wifi running in my home every night. My PROBLEM is too many vivid dreams. I have too much REM sleep. I have removed my phone and laptop from my bedroom, but no change.

I have gone through multiple sleep meds. Some natural, some Rx. I go back and forth between meds, no meds, meditation recordings, music at differend HHZ, lavender and other scented humidifiers, memory foam pillows, eye covers- some things to better results. Some have better results on different days.

I don't see wifi as having any effect.

I have never had ringing ears. I remember my dreams just about every night.

If you had done this to me without saying for a month you would be getting sued.

the lawsuit would be over what 100 bucks in economic damages due to data usage overage charges? no lawyer would take that case. what's he going make for his troubles? a couple bucks. not enough to buy himself a lunch?

you can go down to the court your self and file in small claims. but the judge may dismiss it outright as a waste of the court's time. maybe even strike it as demurre since one could argue that its your own negligence for not turning off your non WiFi data usage, if you don't want to go over. even if you werent aware some guy was turning off your wifi. it could be argued that that is your due dillegence. cell companies stick it to their customers with the same tactics and arguments all the time. like if my wifi goes down and im streaming a movie to my phone and dont realize the routers down and im now on the cells data usage and going over being gouged on the bill, i cant easily sue time warner internet for my verizon phone bill. it will be months before its settled. in the meantime you'll have a lien with the phone company your not paying until the matter is settled. I guess you could do it right and send the kid a 998 letter that if he rejects and if you eventually win the case you can make interest off of the amount demanded therein and make like another 5 dollars. but if your thinking you could make something like that into some civil-unlimited, heck even civil-limited case youll be laughed out of court, or fined. or both.

better to just talk to jrs. parents and make him mow your lawn for two months.
edit on 8-1-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
If you turn off wifi how are the dimensional being suppose to enter your body?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
OMG some of the responses on here are a "are you #ing kidding me". The OP came with a study and shared his results. It's very obvious a few posters right off the bat tried to derail this and continued this for several pages. If you don't like the study or think it's BS then move on.

First off I see nothing wrong with the study of the OP. I don't care about how it came about that is not what is the main topic here. In many instances you have to start somewhere. So the OP's first test is on 2 subjects, perhaps his next case can be on 10 and grow from there.

Also I argue against the "testing in a controlled environment" that some have stated. Since when do any of us sleep in a controlled environment? If you have pets, yes it's possible for them to wake you. It's happened to me many many times. You phone could go off, smoke alarms, furnace, I mean it's an endless amount of possibilities.

OP good start

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join