It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My sleep Wifi Experiment proved Wifi does interfere with sleep, dreams and ear ringing.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Every time you call this a "experiment " you are slapping science in the face.

Please stop it
edit on 7-1-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

with neighbours like that who needs............? fill in the blanks yourselves

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Every time we answer, we get this closer to it being on the front page. I am off to Wartune, nite all

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
Every time we answer, we get this closer to it being on the front page. I am off to Wartune, nite all

good point am off to bed then to night
edit on 7-1-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

If I told them ahead of time that I was checking to see if Wifi affect them then they may have been conscience of it and the results would be skewed.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat

A huge power pole like that close could cause problems.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Mr ChesterJohn, I applaud your efforts. Don't let anyone around here discourage your scientific curiosity. The definition of science is "the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment." What you did was in fact science, albeit your methodology wasn't perfect, it can be improved.
Research your topic.
Try to identify, isolate, and control as many variables as you can.
Take extensive and detailed notes.
Establish a baseline with a control group.
Do everything in your power to avoid influencing the outcome once your experiment goes "live".
Repeat your experiment with as many subjects as possible.
No one has ever gone to bed a noob and woke up an expert, keep at it and you might make a discovery you can publish.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
There is so much blind intolerant stupidity in this thread it's sickening!

OP, sounds like you're on to something, don't listen to the weenies.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Yah I had figures as much. Figur ed it should say... Thanx though..... This phone sucks. Itype one thing and another shows... Lol!!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Thumbs up!!!:

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ApparentlyStupid

Thank you for that encouragement.

I was a little taken by some of the people responses.

It is true I am no expert and I never claimed to be

thanks again.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat

We have been trusting neighbors for 30 years. when we were overseas for some of that time they took care of our house for us. Where we live everybody knows each other or they are family. I am sorry that you don't have neighbors like that.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I think you did a great job with your experiment!!!

And why people have been so hard on you about it is beyond me - I mean, who cares if it wasn't a perfectly controlled, methodologically scientific case study?

It still counts as an "experiment"! And though it may not be 'officially' proof, I think it shows a high probability that the Wifi did affect their sleep -

- certainly it 'proves' that for anyone who sleeps badly, it would be worthwhile to experiment for themselves and see if turning the Wifi off will improve their sleep...

....I'm going to have my husband and daughter try it!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I have read about a half dozen studies of the interaction of WIFI signals with sleep. All show it has some effect if the Wifi source is halfway close by. The way people responded to the Wifi was different, but there was usually some differences. Also transformers interact with sleep. Most things nowadays have transformers to reduce the voltage. Even wiring in the walls can effect sleep, especially if there is a draw on the line.

There is no study that showed there was no effect. Every one showed that the signals interacted with the brain. The only thing that was in question is whether it was harmful in anyway. Most studies concluded it was not that harmful.

There have already been many studies on this so getting someone to fund a study would be pretty hard. You would have to show that it actually hurt someone and that is pretty hard to do.

Good job doing the experiment, more people should test things on themselves to find out how stuff effects them. Evaluating the results can be a little more complicated than people think though, I have been testing on myself for a long time now, since I got the Alchemy books around seven or eight years ago. Unless you do this, you cannot even comprehend the difference. My tinnitis I acquired from the TLE is nonexistant in the woods where it is quiet. None of the noises out there trigger it, not even the chainsaw running or people talking. I also do not have it in the car as much as in the houses, businesses, and the garage meaning the sound is being heard from something. It is really bad around flourescent lights.
edit on 7-1-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

What sort of router was it? Was the computer connected directly to it? What devices in their house also need wifi?

edit on 7-1-2016 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I agree with ApparentlyStupid, caterpillage, lostgirl

There is no reason why you should have been treated so roughly. Your experiment was an excellent first step.
The negative Nancy posts gave me the impression they are jealous they didn't come up with it. Like you said, you don't have grants to perform a better study, with a team of experts that can analyze different data and results. Along with more volunteers.

Also it was clear they failed to completely read and understand what you wrote because they kept assuming you were sneaking in without your subject's consent. Shows what level of observation and attention to detail they have for being as judgmental as they are.

You did a great job. Find more volunteers keep up the good work and keep us updated!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I have a tough time believing that there is no detrimental effect to the human body by the massive amount of extra energy being presented to us in these days. It may be negligible, I have no idea. I do though know that we evolved, grew, and became the animal we are today without all the crap that is being pumped at us by everything from broadcast radio to wifi to cell towers, not to mention all the electricity that flows everywhere all the time.

Is it harmfull? Hell I don't know, but I do know that cancer and other high end type diseases are making a killing these days.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

It is one of those dictionary size comcast routers with a cable box and phone. They don't use the wifi even though they have it on their computer they like to have the cable connected but the wifi signal still broadcasting. The lights on those things light up their entire library.

edit on 7-1-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Qumulys

It is one of those dictionary size comcast routers with a cable box and phone. They don't use the wifi even though they have it on their computer they like to have the cable connected but the wifi signal still broadcasting. The lights on those things light up their entire library.

Sprung...

So, they have no mobile phones you said, and don't use the wifi. And the computer is cable connected....

And yet you snuck in to turn it off and on all the time for two weeks?
For something they don't use???

Yeah, what a crock.

edit on 7-1-2016 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I don't think the waves in and of themselves are dangerous I think it is the bodies defense mechanisms when they produce chemicals in the brain to try and relieve the stress on the body caused by the constant low frequency/signal/wave that bombard the body 24/7 365 days a year.

How long before those chemicals cause a problem?

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join