It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My sleep Wifi Experiment proved Wifi does interfere with sleep, dreams and ear ringing.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

good luck with your quest. sorry for having a bit of fun with your OP. ...truth is I would love to have an unbroken, good night's sleep.
But no ! you cannot have my spare key

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I fully agree the more controlled the better. This was just a neat little quickie experiment to see if there is a connection in sleep. there was.

there were No pets.

thanks for the links

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

My sleep Wifi Experiment proved Wifi does interfere with sleep, dreams and ear ringing.

Wait for it...

Anyway it was just because I wanted to see if WiFi does affect peoples sleep I asked some friends to participate. I know it really doesn't prove anything but I know there is an affect on our bodies.

An open discussion based on your findings with a slightly reworded thread title and we could've had a bonanza!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat

I was thinking about making a Faraday box to go around a persons bed and try an experiment on sleep with that. But some people have a natural propensity to cages.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Even if you did really do this (which is highly doubtful) a isolated uncontrolled experiment like this proves absolutely nothing

Those people could have slept better the last two weeks due to a subtle change in their environment ranging from the ambient temperature to changing their washing powder
edit on 7-1-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesisMy doesn't prove anything response was in agreement with a poster who said that without 1000 people being studied you wouldn't prove anything.

But for that couple it proved that WiFi was affecting them.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

wait...now you want to put the subjects in a box ? oh no way....

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

How did you remove all the other electro magnetic interferences surrounding them?

When I connect to my wifi there often 4 or 5 other wifi signals from neighbours near enough to be picked up by my device..

link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

We did do it whether you believe it or not, to protect the privacy I will not give you their name and phone number for you to verify it. So just be a skeptic or try the experiment yourself on a family member but don't tell them you are turning off the Wifi.

edit on 7-1-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I didn't the only thing different was the turning off their Wifi.

Their house is made of Brick and when I checked for wifi signals from neighbors there were none detectable to my computer. the only one I couldn't control was the smart meter and it was only one bar inside the house. It was probably less than that in their bedrooms because they were Second floor and the Smart meter is on the basement level out side.

edit on 7-1-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: eisegesisMy doesn't prove anything response was in agreement with a poster who said that without 1000 people being studied you wouldn't prove anything.

No it didn't because of the lack of control you cannot prove that turning of the wifi had any effect on how your 2 victims slept

It is blindingly obvious you have no real world scientific research experience at a academic level if you think you have proved anything with this alleged experiment

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Fair enough, you proved without logging any data that two people you know said they sleep better with their WiFi off.

That fact is indisputable.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I think I may try Chester's WIFI experiment. Couldn't hurt, and I am rural so I have no outside interference from other signals...unless I count the huge power pylon that I sleep probably ...30ft away from. That can't be good.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
a reply to: reldra

Perhaps I should have elaborated but since I am here using not a computer with mouse and keyboard but My phone it is totally a tedious process to type even all of this.
My Apology is extended forthwit...
The experiment itself I found to be impressive.
However the Subjects used could have been told the entirety of the plan beforehand.
BUT if that were the case, I doubt if the results would have been the same.
You know as the Subjects would have had thoughts of the End Results in Their Minds...
Syx...

It is not impressive. It is not better than anecdotal.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: cosmickat

good luck with your quest. sorry for having a bit of fun with your OP. ...truth is I would love to have an unbroken, good night's sleep.
But no ! you cannot have my spare key

Have you tried dreamingwithjeff.com?

It's free to stream. It is free to download (though a donation is encouraged). I downloaded it free and later donated to the charity, months after.
edit on 7-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

victims!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

the only data I have is time they went to bed and time they awoke during the night and the time they awoke in the morning. I didn't post all the time data and how long they were awake during the night. I basically gave an synopsis of the experiment.

So Sorry I didn't do an academic study for you with charts and Arrows and pictures and a ticking clock along side the subject, with an ECG all wired up to them with a ticker tape readout, and HD cameras watching their every move while they slept.

As I said it was a simple experiment nothing too elaborate

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

a reply to: cosmickat

I was thinking about making a Faraday box to go around a persons bed and try an experiment on sleep with that. But some people have a natural propensity to cages.

If my neighbor told me he wanted to put me in a box and watch me sleep....

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Jeff Daniels sleep tapes ? hmm nope but will check it out later. I usually listen to C2C...that has the desired effect after a couple of hours.

thanks Reldra

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra Quote from the OP. what they didn't know was I was testing to see how WiFi affected their sleep. They had agreed to the experiment.

This couple did not know what I was doing. I just asked them to participate in a short experiment and they agreed. I did not tell them this had to do with WiFi or Cell phone use.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join