It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My sleep Wifi Experiment proved Wifi does interfere with sleep, dreams and ear ringing.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Ok I did this experiment as suggested.

This couple did not know what I was doing. I just asked them to participate in a short experiment and they agreed. I did not tell them this had to do with WiFi or Cell phone use.

I asked three questions
How was their sleep?
could they remember dreams?
and if they noticed any ear ringing?

The couple have no children living at home. This couple prefers to sleep in separate rooms. And neither of them are coffee drinkers.

I did this experiment for One month, for first two weeks I left their WiFi on.

First two weeks results
There was a common thread between them both. I asked how they slept both would give answer that their sleep was not constant often waking for no reason, dreams were not clearly remembered, and often they would say ear ringing was one thing they noticed upon waking during the night and in the morning.

Then for two weeks after that I came and turned off their Wifi just after they went to their rooms to sleep.

Each Morning I went over plug back in the WiFi (so they didn't know I had unplugged it). Then asked them the same questions as the previous two weeks.
I was extremely surprised as for the two weeks I turned off their WiFi they said they slept soundly through the night, dreams were remembered as vivid and detailed, and Except for one morning one of them had ringing ears but the rest of the time they reported no ringing of ears.

Then afterwards I told them what I had done differently and when they heard that I turned off their WiFi they were shocked and surprised.

I think we may be on to something.

To bad I don't get any grant money I would love to see how this would work out with different people lets say over a longer period of time.

edit on 7-1-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn
Who are these poor people you did this to? Turning off someone's wifi can cause charges is they are running apps on their phone, like facebook, etc, if it is not tethered to the home wifi.

Besides that, I have wifi running in my home every night. My PROBLEM is too many vivid dreams. I have too much REM sleep. I have removed my phone and laptop from my bedroom, but no change.

I have gone through multiple sleep meds. Some natural, some Rx. I go back and forth between meds, no meds, meditation recordings, music at differend HHZ, lavender and other scented humidifiers, memory foam pillows, eye covers- some things to better results. Some have better results on different days.

I don't see wifi as having any effect.

I have never had ringing ears. I remember my dreams just about every night.

If you had done this to me without saying for a month you would be getting sued.

edit on 7-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
So op what your saying is that for two weeks you were sneaking into this poor couples home every night when they went to sleep to turn off their wifi then again in the morning just before they woke to turn it back on.

Yeah I smell BS

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Ya, that's not creepy at all.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Cool Experiment CJ! I agree that WiFi probably can cause problems for Life Forms. I have nothing to prove that except a gut feeling...
Star and Flag! Syx...
edit on 7-1-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

It's just so funny I am sitting here giggling at how absurd this whole thing is.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It's just so funny I am sitting here giggling at how absurd this whole thing is.

It is, in so many ways...LOL

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Sorry, but anecdotal stories are not really proof of anything. The one thing you can count on when someone claims "proof" in a thread title.... there will be no proof

edit on 7-1-2016 by Blazemore2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

Cool Experiment CJ! I agree that WiFi probably can cause problems for Life Forms. I have nothing to prove that except a gut feeling...
Star and Flag! Syx...

I had sleep problems, and the opposite of what the Op talks about, since WAAY before WIFI. Also, the signal to my bedroom is pretty weak, I have a very big house. Even with the fastest, newest quantum modem, I usually have problems getting streaming video in my bedroom. This is just not a good experiment, both logically and I think....ethically.

WIFI gets to my bedroom, though. I can look at ATS or news or youtube or send mail from my phone or laptop with no problem (entire movies sometimes fail). I often, as I have posted before...stream dreamingwithjeff.com for meditative sleep over my laptop in my bedroom. So this is all kinds of incorrect.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
OP, you haven't proven anything. Do that with 1,000 people under controlled conditions and THEN you MIGHT have something. Right now you're just messing with stuff you don't understand and have no right to mess with in the first place.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Then afterwards I told them what I had done differently and when they heard that I turned off their WiFi they were shocked and surprised.

Shocked and surprised! No wonder you "told" them that you had been creeping into their home morning and night as they slept to mess with there wifi. I think most people would have been "shocked and surprised " to find out this is why their iPhones were not syncing overnight

This is now officially my favourite thread on ATS
edit on 7-1-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
What was their diet during this time? Do they sleep with the TV on? Any pets?

All known to cause a disturbance in restfulness.

Without your friends being monitored correctly, there is no data, only their word.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

Without your friends being monitored correctly, there is no data, only their word.

Pets cause disturbance in restfullness? Do you have something real to back that up?

On occasion my cats have woken me to get in or out. My housemate is someone I have known for 12 years though, so I often leave the door a crack so the cats don;t wake me, even though it is a guy. After this long, he's like a brother and the door a foot open and me in christmas flannel pajamas, asleep, not a problem if he happens to walk the hall in the night lol

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Pets cause disturbance in restfullness? Do you have something real to back that up?

On occasion my cats have woken me to get in or out. My housemate is someone I have known for 12 years though, so I often leave the door a crack so the cats don;t wake me.

Wow!!!

Careful, the op might try to prove this link next by sneaking into your home to steel your cats as you sleep.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

On occasion my cats have woken me to get in or out. My housemate is someone I have known for 12 years though, so I often leave the door a crack so the cats don;t wake me.

Wow!!!

Careful, the op might try to prove this link next by sneaking into your home to steel your cats as you sleep.

Lol, possibly. Or to catch a glimpse of the newest Christmas pajamas my mother bought me.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Wait... you conducted an experiment on people without their consent?

WTF?!

How did you turn their WI-FI on and off anyway?

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Studies are mixed on radio signals(wifi), and electronic devices in general, like cell phones. At this point, no know health side effects are known to be caused by low output radio signals such a router. However, some people do say they sleep or feel better if they shut their electronic and wireless devices off at night. Psychomatic? Maybe, but if it helps...

To those who criticized the OP for going into the couples abode at night; He did say they went along with the study. Sounds to me like he had their permission.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

they aren't tech savvy as you and didn't have cell phones. I didn't know what questions to ask so I just asked those as a base to see if any changes.

Not to worry I know them and they had agreed to the experiment.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Wait... you conducted an experiment on people without their consent?

WTF?!

How did you turn their WI-FI on and off anyway?

I wouldn't worry about it to much based on the absurdity of the OPs experimental methodology I am fairly certain this experiment did not take place. Either that or the OP posted this for a jail cell.... That has wifi

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yeah I know but on another thread one of the posters suggested I do an experiment without them knowing it had to do with the Wifi so we could see if it really did affect sleep. I will explain more in a reply post here.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join