It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1984 was not a manual

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Hello ATS, our drugged up world has many repetitive historical cycles that never end. Unstable times that are happing today are a reflection of the nebula of deceit that is our modern day Soma. I made this as part of my graduation project. The main goal of my project was to capture 21st century human society by analysing it and then translating this information into visual storytelling. Using this video to help accelerate the global discussion on humanities future, I really want to share it with you.

Kind regards,

Seven.
edit on 7/1/16 by sevensheeps because: Grammar

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I agree, take a look at my signature.

Great song choice, very apt.

Thanks for sharing. Peace to you.

edit on 7/1/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Thank you. I edited it with love, humanity needs to throw a collective tantrum.

It's time to wake up.

edit on 7/1/16 by sevensheeps because: Punctuation.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: sevensheeps

Soma is mentioned in 'Brave New World', not 1984. But I understand what you mean. Good video!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Good job.

A Vietnam-era song used in conjunction with video footage from the last decade. Nearly 50 years separation between the eras and nearly indistinguishable in content.

I got a few goosebumps watching that...

I'll give you an A on this project.

-dex

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Cool video.
Back to the future..........reminds me of the 1960's.

Wait till the killing starts; I see US cities as free fire kill zones.

Remember, thems whats got the guns makes the rules!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Yes you are correct, but we got stuck with the worst of both. But I get the confusion.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

That is so kind of you, thanks! Let's hope my professors think the same as you.

The story is six chapters, I made a website that carriers the message. And I wrote a 81 paged thesis that is going up for peer review.

Wish me luck!
edit on 7/1/16 by sevensheeps because: Wording.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Remember, thems whats got the guns makes the rules!

The golden rule.
He who owns the gold, makes the rules.

They Live.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

At about :45 sec I think that is UC Berkeley around the time of the Occupy movement. That one really blew my mind, I grew up there and I would never have thought that could happen there.

Near the end, there is a woman with bright blonde hair falling to the ground, I think that is Times Square during the Occupy movement, though I could be wrong on that one.

So many of these scenes are horrific. Horrific examples of LEO overreach.

I will drop here, a vodeo I have posted on ATS a couple times, from the past from Kent State. I wasn't yet born and this is so shocking.

There has, of late, been complaints of 'students protesting'. Some of the protesting seems 'PC' or even 'silly'. Some of it is not. Regardless, young people are often at the front lines, protesting government actions, actually, physically walking or chanting or putting up signs- risking arrest and physical injury and possibly death. While adults sit back and sneer or make fun or otherwise insult. The 'computer chair warriors' need to chill out.

I will never forgive the killing of kids. that will include Trayvon Martin, it will certainly include Tamir Rice. It definitely includes the kids in this video.

edit on 7-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

The story is six chapters, I made a website that carriers the message. And I wrote a 81 paged thesis that is going up for peer review.

Wish me luck!

Best of luck to you! Your work is very timely and thought provoking.

I think that if your website doesn't have any advertising you can post the link in the thread.

-dex

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: sevensheeps

Wish me luck!

Please post it here !

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Some very bad dudes run my big brother to the south. But then again an old queen that doesn't mind making money off of uranium that just gets thrown into a desert rules mine. AND WHATS UP WITH THE WIGS AND ROBES? My thoughts are that we have all been hoodwinked. Internationals of the citizens is verboten!! Good luck and Godspeed everyone.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
when the rule of law is not followed whom should we hold accountable?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Real nice. I posted the YouTube link to my Facebook.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: kenzohattori69
when the rule of law is not followed whom should we hold accountable?

What I actually am, Mr. Rearden, is a policeman. It is a policeman's duty to protect men from criminals – criminals being those who seize wealth by force. ... But when robbery becomes the purpose of the law...then it is an outlaw who has to become a policeman. (2.7.2.101)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Thank you good sir for this little clip, the song choice was superb, gave me goosebumps. The people will always win in the end, it just takes a few too many to die before we stand up and take back what's ours.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
LOL

I've been saying the same thing (in my head and out loud) for years. It's bizarre how this reality would have been a bad parody before 9/11. Nobody would have beloved it could actually happen.

And now, the bizarre thing is that most of the people who matter are too young to remember and/or just plain don't care.
edit on 7-1-2016 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

And now, the bizarre thing is that most of the people who matter are too young to remember and/or just plain don't care.

Yes this is something I noticed, people have been desensitises by smashing amounts of information. This has made the world less meaningful to them, very worrying development. Especially when you see the similarities between todays world and that what has already happened.

Make me worry about how bad it need to get before people wake up. But I'm a optimist so.

edit on 8/1/16 by sevensheeps because: Wording.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: sevensheeps

Wish me luck!

Please post it here !

Haha it's not online yet, I have the full playlist here if you want to watch them now.

The site will be online as soon as I bought a domain name and a uploaded it to a good FTP server. Very soon, I'm not at home right now I'll do my best.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join