It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New DOOM Screenshots Leaked

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
a reply to: Brotherman

...my two daughters were running around outside playing cops and robbers, and instead of going "BANG-BANG" they were going "shick-shick BOOM!" and making the motions of pumping a shotgun.......

That's freaking awesome!
I LoLd picturing little girls running around doing that.

I get game informer magazine & they did a rather large segment on the new Doom & it sounds really promising (& does seem like they're pulling away from the design of doom 3 thankfully)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The time for DOOM draws near ... see you in hell !

It's ID , competitive multiplayer is what they used to do really well and DOOM multiplayer looks like it could be a return to form for the former masters.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex
Jesus Christ that looks amazing! So fast paced! & the demon forms look fantastic & fun.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I think I won't like the light effects when you hit a demon. It looks like a damn Crysis or Fear. Do they really lighten up? Do they loose some equipment when you kill them and those things even shine so that you know you can pick them up? Are they serious? What about adding a score count over their heads so that it's a real arcade for kids? I'm seriously afraid about the atmosphere now. Doom 3 and ROE were dark and nicely sick when played at night (not to mention when burning the scary insence).
The second thing is the hardware requirements. A new laptop with i7 and 2Gb GPU Memory will most likely lag at lowest settings. Ok, it's inevitable but if the AI will suck and the enemies will be poorely scripted and predictable... oh man!
I use to play games like COD at veteran settings from the start so that I won't finish the game the same day. It sucks when you finish the game like a predictable action B-movie you never feel the need to see it again. I really wanted to buy the game after waiting for so long but I'm not so sure about it after seeing the trailer.

edit on 18/3/2016 by PapagiorgioCZ because: filled out

edit on 18/3/2016 by PapagiorgioCZ because: grammar

edit on 18/3/2016 by PapagiorgioCZ because: filled out

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

DOOM is a re-imagining of the original Doom , while Doom 3 was a good game it was not without its problems.
The original Doom gave the player open spaces and hoards of enemies to play with which made the gameplay faster and more fun whereas Doom 3 mostly opted for the claustrophobic corridor shooter with far to many peek-a-boo enemy encounters.

In regard to artificial intelligence I think there is more scope for intelligent AI in the new version than in Doom 3 , the enemies in Rage (another ID game) had multiple attack strategies and I expect a smarter version of that in the new DOOM.

We will find out if that's the case in little over 3 weeks time but given as ID scrapped the first version of Doom 4 because it wasn't up to their expectation I expect the new game will be a bit special and the homage veteran Doom players have been waiting for.

edit on 18-3-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Six weeks to go,

Bethesda and their perversion for dates making us wait , I don't wanna wait.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I'd rather wait and get a good game then have on launch and its not even finished. Halo master chief edition comes to mind recently, lololol and lest us not forget fallout new Vegas right after launch. Actually that kind of reminds me I have sierra Madre dlc I never beat I should get on it

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join