It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: In Texas, man gets 4 mos. for killing wife, 15 yrs for wounding man

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by pityocamptes

But was it HIS roof? Or was it her own house that she was now living in due to being estranged? The article has been taken down so we don't know all the details. Since they were estranged, it wouldn't make a lot of sense they were living in the same house and it also makes no sense for her to have taken her lover to her estranged spouse's house. There is more to this story than just a wayward wife and a doting man who came home from work one day. This doesn't make any sense but without the original article (and no other articles about it I can find via Google), we don't know what all happened but 'estranged' seems to be a huge clue.

I agree with your sentiments there Ashley.

No person's cheating gives their SO the right to take their life. That's a slippery slope to go down... imagine that being expanded from catching them in "The Act" to catching them speaking to their loved to emotional affairs to mere suspicion... it becomes an easy get out of jail card.

Murder is murder. Period.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
In some places if you walk in on your spouse cheating on you and kill them it's considered a crime of compaction you wouldn't get that much time for it. I bet this man got 15 years for wounding the guy because he was still around to see the punishment.

Is it right?

It's not my place to say. I will say this though:

1) If I was married I would never cheat on my wife.

2) If I was married and was cheating on my wife, I would be more careful to make sure she didn't find out.

3) If I was married and thought my wife might kill me if she found out I was cheating, I would make sure I did it in a place far away from home.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Just a clarification. Wasn't sure if you were referring to me since I was the first person to point out they were separated. Personally, it doesn't matter to me if they were newlyweds or separated for 5 years- nobody should do this to somebody else.

Sorry Ashley. No, I did not intend it to sound like a criticism of what you had pointed out. I was just building on it, and it was more in response to some that seemed to be saying that it might be justified to kill your spouse if you caught them in the act of cheating.

In my mind, murder for infidelity would never be justified. No matter what the circumstances.

If someone does not love you, they dont love you. Period. It hurts, it sucks, you may be very angry, upset, hurt, betrayed, etc. Move forward.

What does killing the person do? It still doesnt make them love you. And, if there are children involved all it does it steal from them (whom you supposedly also love if they are your children too) someone they love. Maybe two someones they love, as in most states, you will go to jail too.

Killing out of "passion" seems to me one of the most selfish and egotistical acts a person could commit. It has absolutely nothing to do with your love of the other person, or any other person whose life might be impacted by that act, the victim's siblings, parents, children, friends, etc. It is purely about your ego.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Memysabu

I would think at least 10 years in a crime of passion, such as a current spouse, not one that is estranged and in living at their own residence, would be more suitable if the person had no previous history of exploding dangerously in situations and causing extreme bodily harm. 5 years isn't much, and some people get far more for property crimes. In a case where they are living in separate residences, it should be much longer.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Yes, if they were indeed living appart, the hubby had to go to a lot of trouble to just happen to catch them in the act... much more like premeditation than crime of passion.

<< 1  2   >>

join