It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Declassified USAF Document lists Flying Disk as Foreign V/STOL Aircraft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I've just found a reference to a Flying Disk in a declassified USAF list of foreign vertical/short takeoff and landing aircraft.

Does anyone have any ideas as what this Flying Disk aircraft was?

97211 Unclassified 12-01-1960 ARMY/TRANSPORTATION INTELLIGENCE AGENCY FOREIGN V/STOL AIRCRAFT DEVELOPMENT K170.032-2 48938 915 1041 04-27-2000 43 08-03-2000

PRESENTS REVIEW OF SIGNIFICANT VTOL (VERTICAL TAKEOFF AND LANDING) AND STOL (SHORT TAKEOFF AND LANDING) AIRCRAFT UNDER DEVELOPMENT IN FOREIGN COUNTRIES.

CONSIDERS AVIAN 2/180 GYROPLANE, AVRO AVROCAR, CHARETTE EXECUTIVE VERTIPLANE, AND DHC-4 CARIBOU FROM CANADA; L-60 BRIGADYR FROM CZECHOSLOVAKIA; BREGUET 940 INTEGRAL, BREGUET 941, HELICOP-AIR GIRHEL, AND SNECMA COLEOPTER FROM FRANCE; PILATUS PORTER FROM SWITZERLAND; FAIREY ROTODYNE, SCOTTISH AVIATION PRESTWICK PIONEER, SCOTTISH AVIATION TWIN PIONEER, SHORT SC.1 FROM UNITED KINGDOM; AN-14 (CLOD), FLYING DISK, TRANSPORT CONVERTIPLANE HOOP, AND MATVIEYEV TURBOLET FROM SOVIET UNION; AND DORNIER DO-27, DORNIER DO-28, DORNIER DO-29 AND KIEBITZ LF2 FROM WEST GERMANY.

No Administrative Markings Listed

ARMY/ACS INTELLIGENCE

DECLASSIFIED

zero lift

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Interesting....especially since the flying disk is listed as Russian.

Still though, it could be very similar to our own disc experimental craft, and they didn't know what the Russians were calling it, and so listed it genericly....

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Gazrok wrote

Still though, it could be very similar to our own disc experimental craft, and they didn't know what the Russians were calling it, and so listed it genericly....

I'm sure you're right Gazrok...I'm hunting through the document list (this could take a while- it's a big list) to see if the US ever gave this "Russian Flying Disk" a name.

I've had a brief search on Google for details of Soviet disk shaped craft, but not much luck so far.

zero lift

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
my father's friend works as an aerospace engineer for one of the big Russian companies and I overheard them talk about the flying disk one night when they were particularly drunk.

What I heard was that supposedly the Pentagon (yes the pentagon) is paying the Russians to develop a flying disk that would carry 350 passengers and it would be used jointly by both countries.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Possibly something to do with this?

www.ekip-aviation-concern.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
good, somebody actually knows what it is, it most likely is the EKIP, it was the last plane created at Saratov base(Russian equivalent of Area 51/Groom Lake, except, its actually a secret lol)

the russians sold it to America, and you guys say Russia ahs crappy technology

truly, the EKIP is a marvel of technology, Russia, right now, is ahead in the race for anti-grav machines, the Americans tried to develop a flying car in the 60's with Canada's Avro Aero company, but it was an utter failure sadly(i wish i could be driviing a flying car by now) i think the name of the project was 606, Project 606

it used turbofans to hover, but it maneuvering was so sadly bad, that it was cancelled

the Russians have had the EKIP for quite a while now, i think since the 80's, great potential

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Except EKIP there was also some work done by "Sukhanov" at 50s and 60s in Russia. But he created only two unpowered gliders and they were an object of genious propaganda. For example soviet magazines wrote, that they were capable of VTOL by using some form of antigravity power. In real life it was a big stupidity. Pictures of these gliders and other disc shaped aircrafts at:

www.hitechweb.szm.sk/UFOpreprava4.htm

...I have forgot. Also balloon called Rossja for transport of big cargos. It was a big balloon under with cockpit and engines from Mil Mi-2. Link:

/UFOpreprava5.htm

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I do remember seeing video and stills of a multi-passenger disc-shaped plane in a Russian hangar, and this seems to fit the bill for what has been mentioned. It was fairly public, as I'm recalling it from something on one of the learning channels (I think it was a Discovery Wings episode)...

Makes sense too...as Russia's a big place, and it's a long distance between population centers. A mega-passenger plane would be a godsend.

top topics

join