It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Jackpot Winning Powerball Tickets Sold in $500 Million Drawing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
L O T T O

Well, I was hoping that I could write all of my ATS peeps a check to pay off your mortgages today; Looks like we'll have to wait for a few more days. You have my word ATS, when ReadLear wins
WE ALL WIN!!!!!

Lets hear it, who all bought their ticket, and did you spend more than normally to ensure your 'lightning strike' ?
edit on 7-1-2016 by ReadLeader because: lio

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

I spent two bucks yesterday and lost. Just ran down and bought another ticket. It's up to 675 million right now.

It's goona be a big pot by Saturday night!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

I used my same non-winning numbers AND powered up for another buck....

they suckered me again ! but for $3

I will do it again for one powered up ticket @ $3...
who knows I might hit the 5 white balls for that million payout plus any power-up 2-3- or 4 X...a $4 mill runner up prize would also be nice, huh

edit on th31145218652807082016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

That is interesting as the UK lottery is also huge at the moment, an estimated £56 million.

I do not usually buy a ticket but thats about what Kyle Minouge is worth so might take a gamble.

Good luck to members on both sides of the pond!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I usually buy 5 tickets for each drawing, and don't buy more depending on the jackpot. My wife and older son do though.
I think they're both buying 12 or 13 tickets each. It's estimated to hit $675 million now, and I'll bet it hits $750 million or more. They say 300 million tickets were sold between last Saturday's drawing and last nights drawing.

$675 million is an obscene amount of money. I mean you can invest $4 or $5 million at a conservative interest rate and live very well off the interest for the rest of your life.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

It's at $700M now.

My bet is they're trying to fix the black eye they got over the fixing scandal.
edit on 1/7/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Think it'll hit 1B?

I'll probably drop a couple more bucks. Can't have St. Udio one up me.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

If it doesn't it's going to be insanely close.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Zap, it seems they can draw a billion dollars in a weeks time from the poorest of American dreamers. This feels like a scam and then to read from our Canadian friend their lotto is also sky high???

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
OK so what are the stats and data on winning lottery tickets, which wins more quick pick or personal numbers?

I will play... I will win!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

Quick picks by far.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I typically only play our state lotto. It caps out at about 1.5 mill most weeks. The GOOD thing is, you pay NO taxes
I am not greedy, I can live very inexpensively

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I never play the lottery, but...........
I went this morning and dropped $20 on 10 tickets. I figure what the heck, like they say "Somebody's gonna win, may as well be you". I don't really expect to win, but if I do, I will throw an ATS party and pay for airline tickets and hotels for our friends across the pond. There are several I'd like to meet in person.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I never play the lottery, but...........
I went this morning and dropped $20 on 10 tickets. I figure what the heck, like they say "Somebody's gonna win, may as well be you". I don't really expect to win, but if I do, I will throw an ATS party and pay for airline tickets and hotels for our friends across the pond. There are several I'd like to meet in person.

That is the spirit Dave!!!! Someone will win. You can't win if you don't play

link   

I bought 10, then went to another store and bought 5 more. Someone in the SF Bay matched all 5 numbers but missed the powerball number and won 1.4 million, not too bad.

I don't usually buy powerball tickets, usually Ca Super Lotto and Fantasy 5. I use to play every draw but was wasting too much money. I'll occasionally pick up some tickets when the jackpot is large.

link   

I never buy lotto tickets, but I'm going to be buying some of them today! $10 dollars, let's hope for the best. Since I found out about it on ATS, I will post if I win-and give a bit of the winnings to anyone who posts on this thread-up to the point that I post that I won-as long as ATS management says it's o.k.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I used my same non-winning numbers AND powered up for another buck....

That's what I'm going to do too and probably another 5 quick picks for an even 20. Chances are slim but you have to be in it to win it!

Good luck to you

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

That's what we usually do. We get tickets from different states as we go through when the jackpot is huge.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: InFriNiTee

I never buy lotto tickets, but I'm going to be buying some of them today! $10 dollars, let's hope for the best. Since I found out about it on ATS, I will post if I win-and give a bit of the winnings to anyone who posts on this thread-up to the point that I post that I won-as long as ATS management says it's o.k.

nm
edit on 7/1/2016 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Head to Pennsylvania and buy your tickets there. More jackpot winners from there than any other state.

I didn't get a chance to buy a ticket for last night. I'll do my usual $10 for five tickets before Saturday. I won't be shocked if this one caps out at over $1B.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join