It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is apparently going to be a lucky year for me....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Ever have something really awesome happen to you and for some reason you can't reach ANYONE you know to tell them about it??

That's where I am right now. So I am going to write about it here.

I had to stop the work I was doing many months ago, and have been sort of floating along trying to figure out what I want to do next.

Today I got home and saw a message from my veterinarian, asking me to call him back. I was suddenly very worried- wondering if something happened to my horse (did she suddenly die of colic? Did she and her brood get out of the field and get hit by a truck?....)

Called him back and found out he was calling to offer me a job!
I had asked him many years ago if he needed an assistant, but at the time he didn't. Suddenly his assistant is moving away and he says he has a lot of applicants which have more experience than I, but for several reasons, he thinks I would be the best candidate.

OMG, the hours are perfect, the job is perfect, the location is perfect, and I really like this vet- we get along great.

Now, I always told my kids they won't find a job sitting around waiting for someone to call and offer it to you.
I guess there's exceptions to every rule though!

I'm just terribly terribly happy and I feel blessed lately. Dancing around the livingroom right now...2016 is starting off well!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

CONGRADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, go purchase a lotto ticket, and remember Jesus said share

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
As they say in France Bluesma "Félicitations et merde pour ton nouveau poste"

Kindest

Lags

reply to: Bluesma

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
remember Jesus said share

Hell yeah I'm down with the JC dude, get that lottery ticket and shoot me a PM when you win OP!

Seriously though, congratulations, it's crazy how a little inquiry from years ago has come back to change your life.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
- I actually did win the lottery three days ago, too!

Okay, it was only 25 euros, but I actually had fun saying "I won the lottery!"

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Good for you! I know the past few months have been horrible for you. This might be the thing you need to get you back on track. Good luck!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Thanks guys!
(Skid - wow, I am always surprised when I realize people are actually remembering me and my history. In return, were you able to save your art equipment after the drunkard threw it out???)

-et merci pour la merde, Lago!

Should I tell him about my telepathic communication with animals as well?
He knows everyone who knows about it- he's probably already heard. If he still is calling me, he must be okay with my freekyness.

edit on 7-1-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Congrats. Luck is what you make of it. You planted the seed in his head awhile ago and not is has grown. Successful people always do exactly what you did, enjoy the new position.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Well done you, that's amazing.

One something good like this happens, things usually get better and better. I predict an awesome year to come for you.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Holy moly that's incredible!

& lol you are the exception! Thank you for sharing your joy.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Yay! I am so happy for you! How exciting!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I remember. I'm actually really glad that you got a job that you've wanted for so long and would love so much. I was worried when I saw that one thread.
Yes, I was able to save all of it. I even found a 20 sided D&D die we gave up for lost and also some things I'd made and thought were gone.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I love reading the happy news!! Best wishes on all fronts!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Awesome!!! A great way to start a new year!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
Now, I always told my kids they won't find a job sitting around waiting for someone to call and offer it to you.
I guess there's exceptions to every rule though!

you were not sitting around when you asked the man to hire you, and had you not done that he would not have called when you were sitting around,

so the statement is still true

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
That is super exciting! And I am very jealous! I had aspired to be a Veterinarian as a child, but I never made it. I would very much love to be in a similar situation when I return to the working world!

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Thank you people! You guys are nice.

I also found a drummer who will give me lessons at home and it is a woman. My cup runneth over.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
That is super exciting! And I am very jealous! I had aspired to be a Veterinarian as a child, but I never made it. I would very much love to be in a similar situation when I return to the working world!

Me too, like a lot of young girls- but my mom kept laughing at that dream "Yeah.... like you can afford such an education!" Hardy har har... Total enthousiasm killer.

I've been involved with training and instruction with horses and riding, and this doc asked me to train his young horse years ago, so knows my way of interacting with animals. I used to own a shop right next to his office too, so he knows how I interact with people and do business.

But really, it is customary for a person to have a degree to do this, so I never actually had any hope of being able to do it.
I am pleasantly surprised. Turns out that all the people who applied are young women, who either have young children, or might choose to soon.

So my age is a really big factor for him, plus it is not full time, and means being available for emergencies whenever they happen. I live close to the office as well.

So it is rather unconventional for him to consider me over these people with diplomas, a sort of lucky combination of elements, for which I am thankful!!!

I am getting old (late forties) so this makes me want to say to younger women- you just never know! Sometimes you are busy raising your family and all, afraid the train has passed you by, but that is not necessarily true!
You still might be able to do work you dream of, or learn a skill you always dreamed of doing!
Just keep busy, going forth into new things all the time, and see what comes together later as a result.
edit on 8-1-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I'm delighted for you Bluesma. This sounds so perfect for you!

To commune with the animals, ah. A good and worthy occupation for sure.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join