It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking : Iran accuses Saudis of bombing Iranian embassy in Yemen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Not a lot of detail at the moment but news is breaking that Iran has accused the Saudis of bombing their Yemeni embassy in coalition airstrikes against Houthi rebels , Saudi has accused Iran of supporting the rebels.

“Saudi Arabia is responsible for the damage to the embassy building and the injury to some of its staff,” foreign ministry spokesman Hossein Jaber Ansari was quoted as saying by state television news channel IRIB.

A spokesman from the Saudi-led coalition, Brigadier General Ahmed Asseri, said the claims were being investigated.
Coalition jets carried out heavy strikes in Sana’a on Wednesday night to target missile launchers used by the Houthi militia to fire at Saudi Arabia, he said, adding that the group has used civilian facilities including abandoned embassies.

Asseri said the coalition had requested all countries to supply it with coordinates of the location of their diplomatic missions and that accusations made on the basis of information provided by the Houthis “have no credibility”.
www.theguardian.com...

The first week of 2016 has shown that if anything things can only get worse following on from 2015 , I wonder how far into 2016 we will get before the gloves come off and the bombs start to fly.
Tinderbox conditions tend to lead to big fires.

edit on 7-1-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Well,is this the bomb that sets off massive conflict and a reform of the Middle East? Will anything ever change,or is it just reiterations of the same conflicts, now with many global powers involved? The Middle East needs serious reform, I don't call for death,unfortunately for the reform to happen many will have to die, and honestly I think improving relations with Iran is a good idea overall.
edit on 7-1-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

The next 24 hours will be crucial here. The facts need to be found before jumping to dangerous conclusions.

If true this is just another step over the line towards an inevitable war. Unfortunately a massive war will occur...will this be the straw that breaks the camels back?

I have a feeling this could be the final straw. Iran steps in....Russia steps in.....the yanks and Israel jump in......China not far behind.

I'm hoping ireland is a safe enough distance from anywhere of interest.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Well,is this the bomb that sets off massive conflict and a reform of the Middle East? Will anything ever change,or is it just reiterations of the same conflicts, now with many global powers involved? The Middle East needs serious reform, I don't call for death,unfortunately for the reform to happen many will have to die, and honestly I think improving relations with Iran is a good idea overall.

They have to reform and grow up on there own.

The west needs to keep out of it. A long way out and just prevent it from spilling over into civilsed countrys.

All we do is mess things up more over there.

Plus what side do we support? The women flogging, protester beheading, ISIS supporting saudis? or the Gay hanging, Israel destroying, Hamas loving Iranians? I would not want to see civilsied western blood spilt for either.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Plus what side do we support? The women flogging, protester beheading, ISIS supporting saudis? or the Gay hanging, Israel destroying, Hamas loving Iranians? I would not want to see civilsied western blood spilt for either.

I agree 100% with this statement.

However unfortunately we are involved and will ultimately be, it would be nice just to build a dome over the Middle East unfortunately too many interests lye there namely energy related.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   

I agree 100% with this statement.

However unfortunately we are involved and will ultimately be, it would be nice just to build a dome over the Middle East unfortunately too many interests lye there namely energy related.

So you would go and fight for one of them then if the USA politicans called for it?

Personaly Id say no and tell them to stick it.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I read somewhere last night SA withdrew ambassador from Tehran.

With the Syria/Russia/West tug-o-war, this is worth watching closely. Quite certain this parralels right along with it.

With SA, Qatar, Turkey, Israel, Egypt playing ISIS designer as proxies for the west and self gain, while Russia, Iran, Syria vie for an alternative, I think we will continue to see heightened tension between certain countries.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

How did you draw that from my statement?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Happy nuke...oops, I mean happy new year!

That was a typo, seriously.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   

How did you draw that from my statement?

Just you said we would be ultimately involved and now you were in the USA army so liable to call up if the USA has to come the Saudi Rescue.

So wondering on the generally feeling among those possible to be sent to defend these barbarians?

I only hope the UK army mutinys.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Ewok, other than the extremists that spill over into our society. We are reliant on a finite resource called oil, we have to protect that interest lest our society's break down, now I don't want it this way but it is this way. You can be as idealistic as you wish it doesn't take away from this truth.

If I was called I would go, I've answered the call before my answer remains the same.

edit on 7-1-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Thanks for posting S&F.

I do not see peace coming to the middle east until one (Saudi or Iran and their 14th century religion) decimates one or the other. It would be much better if the West and European powers stay the heck out of it..

Yep won't happen IMO.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Ewok, other than the extremists that spill over into our society. We are reliant on a finite resource called oil, we have to protect that interest lest our society's break down, now I don't want it this way but it is this way. You can be as idealistic as you wish it doesn't take away from this truth.

If I was called I would go, I've answered the call before my answer remains the same.

Not so much true theese days. Fracking will give the USA more than enough to survive. Sure the price at the fuel pumps will go up. But thats a small price to pay for fighting and defending one of the most brutal and tryanical reguimes on this planet.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Well because I am not a fan of appeasement and also see Islamic extremists as a threat to our society's if it were up to me we would just occupy the Middle East indefinitely and until it resembled Germany.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
This, in sum, is my take on the topic at hand

Abbott: You throw the ball to first base.
Costello: Then who gets it?
Abbott: Naturally.
Costello: Naturally.
Abbott: Now you've got it.
Costello: I throw the ball to Naturally.
Abbott: You don't! You throw it to Who!
Abbott: Well, that's it—say it that way.
Costello: That's what I said.
Abbott: You did not.
Costello: I said I throw the ball to Naturally.
Abbott: You don't! You throw it to Who!

Abbott's ( News ) explanations leave Costello ( us ) hopelessly confused and infuriated, until the end of the routine when Costello ( we ) finally appear to catch on.

Costello: Now I throw the ball to first base, whoever it is drops the ball, so the guy runs to second. Who picks up the ball and throws it to What. What throws it to I Don't Know. I Don't Know throws it back to Tomorrow—a triple play.
Abbott: Yeah, it could be.
Costello: Another guy gets up and it's a long fly ball to Because. Why? I don't know. He's on third, and I don't give a darn!
Abbott: What was that?
Costello: I said, I DON'T GIVE A DARN !
Abbott: Oh, that's our shortstop!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Well because I am not a fan of appeasement and also see Islamic extremists as a threat to our society's if it were up to me we would just occupy the Middle East indefinitely and until it resembled Germany.

Dont think that would work.

It worked with Germany as we all share a European heritage and religion
Japan we got lucky.

But just think our cultures are so diffrent it would never work.

Remember Britain tried. We occupied most the region for nearly a hundred years. Hell we are on our 5th afghan war already!
Not sure what the USA can do that the Britain couldnt.
edit on 7-1-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
With embassies empty and no sign of political dialogue where else can this go without the big guns stepping in?

This is spiralling fast. Unfortunately the innocents will be the ones who suffer while the dictators will flee to their palaces.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

But thats a small price to pay for fighting and defending one of the most brutal and tryanical reguimes on this planet.

What does N. Korea have to do with this conversation

If armed hostilities occur it wont remain between S. Arabia and Iran. Everyone will get dragged in.

Hell S. Korea announced they are resuming broadcasts directed at the North over their latest nuke test.. It seems all the flashpoints around the globe are merging together.
edit on 7-1-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I said "one" of the most brutal and tyranical reguimes.

Saudi Arabia and North Korea have more than enough room to share in that catogary

edit on 7-1-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Just feels like it's all going to kick off as planned by the outside powers. They've supplied masses and masses and masses of weapons into the Middle East for decades now. A little like the alliances before WW1. Being honest about it the war is already on it just may go from proxy to full on Shia v Sunni total war.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join