It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lemmy's Funeral Will Be Streamed Online

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Just a heads up for anyone interested.
The band , Phil Campbell and Mikkey Dee have announced that the funeral which takes place on January 9th at the Forest Lawn Memorial Cemetery, Hollywood will be streamed live to accommodate fans who wish to celebrate the life of Lemmy and be there for the end of his story , the stream will be broadcast on the official Motorhead Youtube channel , the funeral starts at 11pm UK time , the stream starts at 10.30pm UK.

"With such limited space available on-site, we respectfully ask that you don't attend the cemetery... but we want you all to be a part of this, so we are setting up a live feed of the service via the internet on Motorhead's official YouTube channel."
"Go to your favourite bar, or your favourite club, make sure they have access to an internet connection and toast along with us.
"Whatever your venue, and however you can, let's be sure to gather globally on Saturday 9th and celebrate the life of our dear friend and irreplaceable icon."
news.sky.com...

See you there.

edit on 7-1-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

What a great gesture for the small amount of (compared to most rock bands) extremely loyal fans. I've been a fan for around 30 years so I will be sure to mark the passing of a legend. Thanks for the thread!

As Lemmy would say, "#ing Excellent!"
edit on 7/1/16 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up, I have been a fan for more years than I want to count. A great way to raise a toast to a legend

See you there

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

This will be a damned fine way to finish off Saturday.

I have a sore throat, and I am meant to be helping a friend move house on the day in question. After that, hog roast, beers, and now, a live stream in homage and remembrance of one of the most legendary personalities in rock and roll history.

May angels carry him forth on wings of iron.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I've watched a streaming video memorial before, while not there in person, it does help the sentiment of closure. Nice gesture given for fans, can see why space is limited in the very celeb popular cemetery. Make sure to check the YouTube reminder for those wanting to pay respects. For the US it starts at 2:30 PM Pacific Time.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Ah cool, thanks for letting us know gortex.

It's funny, over the last week the least expected people have commented on Lemmy's death. He represented so much to so many people I think, that I hadn't quite appreciated before. Maybe if more people let their inner Lemmy out more often, the world would be a lot more fun.
edit on 8-1-2016 by beansidhe because: double negs

edit on 8-1-2016 by beansidhe because: and sp

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Part of me thinks he should have been buried in England. He should have chosen to be buried in England.

Then again, it's more of a statement of success that he goes and gets buried in Hollywood. It's got way more 'up yours' value to his critics.

If I can, it'll be cool to see who's at the funeral. You'd expect a whole bunch of British ex-pat rockers and a few Hall of Famers too.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I missed the funeral on YT and had a look this morning. There was only one vid to show for it. Slash speaking and the camera on a 90 degree angle.

Sounded like a good do though.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

It was a good send off mate , most of the speakers were normal folk , friends of Lemmy.
His son Paul kicked it off with a well delivered and personal eulogy to his father , he also gave an insight into the battles Lemmy was fighting to keep it together for the shows last year.
A few A listers spoke including Rob Halford but for me the eulogy by Lars Ulrich was the most fitting of the night , he told a few story's of how Lemmy took an 18 year old Lars under his wing and why he is the reason Metallica exist.

Here from 1h 50m

edit on 10-1-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I watched it, and aside from the last five or six minutes having sound drop out which made it impossible to hear Dave from Foo Fighters deliver his closing comments, I thought the best part of the ceremony, was the very last few seconds. They plugged in what I can only assume was one of Lemmy's bass guitars, bumped it against the amp gently, just enough to get it to whisper something to the amp, and left it rested against the speaker, just feeding back to itself...

I must confess to being somewhat mortified that no spectral hand took it up to play it, one last time, but in all fairness, the man has earned his eternal slumber. That moment, that recursive loop of mournful tonelessness noise, the guitar facing the amp... That will remain with me in my mind for as long as I have any ability to maintain memory.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

That has to be the most beautiful send-off I have ever seen in my life! Tears of joy, silliness, sublimity (?) and also much sadness. The hardest working man in rock'n roll just ceased gracing us with his energy. (I watched the whole livestream)

The 14 minute speech his son gave was epic. Mikkey Dee, Dave Grohl, Slash....so many stories, memories and anecdotes it was as good as his autobiography White Line Fever. I felt honoured by the band that they decided to share it all with us fans. I still have my almost 30 year old Motorhead t-shirt (it's gotten very thin over the years) and still wear it with pride.

Lemmy will live on in our hearts and memories.

Thank you for all you did for rock and roll. (And personally speaking, for being a role-model for me. Be honest and be nice, or # off, basically. Took me a while to truly learn that....)
edit on 11/1/16 by LightSpeedDriver because: Formatting...

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I felt honoured by the band that they decided to share it all with us fans.

Me too , we were let into the inner sanctum likely because the band knew that's what Lemmy would have wanted , we were the reason for his existence , his reasondetre.

I felt better after the service and thank the band for that , it also helped that there were over 250,000 of us there to say goodbye.
Gone but never forgotten.

join