It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coining a new term, "Individual extremism"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

With respect, there is great logic to it.

Look at the way things are now. One percent of the world have over ninety percent of the wealth and the freedom associated with it. They managed to collect it not by hard work in the main, but by managing to screw everyone around them and everyone below them. This has been going on for so long now, that at the top level of society it has become the custom to merely push the bar to see who can be the richest and most invisibly influential.

This world is becoming full to the brim with such inequality as a result of the ability of a few heartless cretins to amass unreasonable percentages of a nations GDP, without ever lifting a finger in pursuit of same, that every structure which upholds their ownership of our lives is being questioned, and quite rightly. It is the case that if the majority of people actually paid any attention to the world around them, they would down tools, such is the bloody stupidity of it.

But if you sweat for a decent wage, one which allows you to advance yourself just a bit, get a car, save for a home, not for exclusive membership to a posh golfing establishment or a bloody box at your local sports stadium, that's fair enough, and no one ought begrudge it. Getting ahead in life SHOULD be as simple as working hard at whatever you do, and having the brains to figure out better ways to do it. But no. These days, even to earn enough to just live a life, you have to sign up to some outrageous doctrine of greed, and get on some kind of ladder structure, which insists that you crap on more people every time you want to gain the next rung. Unless you happen to be a genius like Elon Musk, you get to either be crapped on, or crap on others for your money.

It must be remembered at all times that it is not the people who are best at a big management job who GET the management jobs. Quite a bit of the time, it is about who can backstab, finesse, and BS their way to the big money, and that is not the world that I want my son to become a man in. I want my son to grow up knowing that hard work has a value greater than the sum of money it makes, that it allows a man to look with genuine, GENUINE and deserved pride upon his lot in life, his achievements.

As I said, WHEN a utopia like you describe exists, that is a time for the people to down tools and let their minds wander all day. Until then, we should be working to make it happen, to bring it about, and feed our families in the meantime, not just going up on the Hindenburg of egoism and capitalistic hubris, wondering why the peons are starving, worrying about how much it cuts into our precious profit margins, and never seeing the inevitable spark that will see our societies fall to the ground in flames like so much gas filled Mylar.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join