It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump to withdraw £700MILLION investment from the UK

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

'Over the coming years, we intend to further develop Trump Turnberry and invest millions more at the site, creating sustained economic growth for South Ayrshire and Scotland. 'Additionally, we have plans to invest 500,000,000 pounds towards further development at the 1,400 acre Trump International Golf Links, Aberdeen. 'Any action to restrict travel would force The Trump Organization to immediately end these and all future investments we are currently contemplating in the United Kingdom.

'Westminster would send a terrible message to the World that the United Kingdom opposes free speech and has no interest in attracting inward investment.' Mr Sorial added that banning Mr Trump from UK soil would 'also alienate the many millions of United States citizens who wholeheartedly support Mr Trump and have made him the forerunner by far in the 2016 Presidential Election.'

Donald Trump has threatened to withdraw £700million worth of investment in his Scottish interests if he is banned from Britain. In an act of defiance, the US business mogul has warned he will not put any more money into his two Scots golf courses if he is barred from entering the UK. The Trump Organisation issued the warning after a date was set for Westminster MPs to debate whether or not the tycoon should be allowed back into Britain. The debate, which will take place on 18 January at Westminster Hall, was sparked after more than half a million people signed a petition calling for Mr Trump to be banned from the UK, following inflammatory remarks he made against Muslims.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

England doesn't need any foreign investors right? Does England believe in free speech and what they so proudly call hate preachers have they not been walking around England for decades without fear of being deported? And if they do get deported how long does it take? It takes years! BUT how long does it take to ban someone from entering England? A day or two ......if not hours!

How many YouTube videos are there online showing the Muslim hatred towards British citizens.

or this one

Does it matter which year these acts were committed? I think NOT! AND this still goes on throughout the UK BUT TRUMP runs his mouth which he is well known for and makes a statement about Muslims overall and 1% of the UK population get their panties in a bunch BUT this same type of hatred is running rampant throughout the UK even thought they pride themselves with hate speech laws in place????

AND now thanks to Merkel and her government we here in Germany we will be living and witnessing the same HATRED as in the UK ..... BUT UK has laws concerning this type of hatred right???

Because many in Germany have voiced their strong opinion concerning the current attacks by immigrants throughout Germany MERKEL has finally stated ANY immigrant who commits a felony will be immediately sent back to his/her homeland WITHOUT trial and appeals. That is a quick reaction compared to UK laws already in place for God knows how long.

God save the queen but forget the UK being saved.

What a shame.

edit on 7-1-2016 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

edit on 7-1-2016 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Donald Trump has threatened to withdraw £700million worth of investment in his Scottish interests if he is banned from Britain. In an act of defiance, the US business mogul has warned he will not put any more money into his two Scots golf courses if he is barred from entering the UK.

He won't be banned from entering the UK so I guess the investment is safe.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The idea that he was about to invest half a billion in his Scottish golf course is about as realistic as his hair.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Donald Trump has threatened to withdraw £700million worth of investment in his Scottish interests if he is banned from Britain. In an act of defiance, the US business mogul has warned he will not put any more money into his two Scots golf courses if he is barred from entering the UK.

He won't be banned from entering the UK so I guess the investment is safe.

I don't want to be seen as a whiner concerning this subject but I see hypocrisy in UK (of course USA) law. First .... UK law states hate speech is illegal but you see this hate speech all over the internet...haters speaking out in public... all over the UK. Trump does it on TV and many are shocked even though he has done it numerous times concerning other subjects meanwhile the REAL haters run through the streets of London and other UK cities and get away with it for years!

And those in the UK who bitch at Trump for his comment and those here at ATS do NOTHING about those haters in the UK who have been doing this for decades...... I can not describe what I think of these people because it is against ATS rules.

edit on 7-1-2016 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
The idea that he was about to invest half a billion in his Scottish golf course is about as realistic as his hair.

I hope he doesn't invest another single penny in the UK.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Trump does it on TV and many are shocked even though he has done it numerous times concerning other subjects meanwhile the REAL haters run through the streets of London and other UK cities and get away with it for years!

I'm not a Brit, so I'm no expert on British law... but I doubt one crime marginalizes another crime. It's still wrong.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   
So long, see ya' later, sayonara, bon voyage!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   

First .... UK law states hate speech is illegal but you see this hate speech all over the internet

UK law doesn't control what is said or posted in other countries.

haters speaking out in public... all over the UK

Bit of a generalization and not true.

Trump does it on TV and many are shocked

Which is the point of him saying what he says , although what he says may offend some people it is NOT hate speech.

And those in the UK who bitch at Trump for his comment and those here at ATS do NOTHING about those haters in the UK who have been doing this for decades

List of people banned from the UK
Those who do engage in such activities are refused entry , if they're already here then they risk arrest.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Who cares? We certainly do not most in the uk find him comical a side show which he is.
Pity you can not.
But do continue sagging off just the English when the uk is more than England.
At least have the respect to include us all when attempting to Diss us.
I think it was is a good thing democracy working.
The people have spoken.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I don't want him banned I want him to come more often so we can organise mass laughing festivals at trump.
We have followed him with a tuba and next time thousands of people just laughing at him.
Trump lol.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

England doesn't need any foreign investors right? Does England believe in free speech and what they so proudly call hate preachers have they not been walking around England for decades without fear of being deported? And if they do get deported how long does it take? It takes years! BUT how long does it take to ban someone from entering England? A day or two ......if not hours!

Isn't this in Scotland? Your title says UK and then you go on to attack England, while Trumps business and this story is based in Scotland.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Oh and stop believing fox news I live just outside Bradford and 80% of people on my street are Muslim.
We all get along fine.
If any youths got cocky and attempted a Muslim only area everyone would kick them into shape around here.
Why are you so scared?.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Don't you see any double standard on who is politically OK with our government and media and who is not? e.g. Saudi and humans rights OK'd by cameron.

Freedom of speech is benign highjacked by idiots who now have the new weapon "You are a hater if you don't think and speak and I do" - if you're OK with that fine, many of us are not but its a form of dictatorship which we apparently wasted a huge number of British lives fighting to avoid.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
So what?

Not like the UK has a shortage of billionaire investors.

Our borders our rules! Get over it!

I hope we ban trump just to piss off people like the OP further!
edit on 7-1-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I like my fave billionaire the guy who owns city.
Actually invested in Manchester which has given thousands jobs.
Oh and op he is a Muslim shock horror. Lol.

edit on 7-1-2016 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I don't agree with my government on many things, but as this man is clearly a complete t*@t, I'm happy to make an exception!

For once, well done Westminster!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
So he wants a racist policy implemented which people don't seem to like, then resorts to financial blackmail. A shining example of America isn't he now? What a wonderful representative he would make.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
But isn't this another example of how petty and vindictive he is?

I don't think the Brits mind one way or another and they will most certainly survive without Donnie's money, BUT imagine if they were depending on it. He would be willing to damage another countries economy for selfish personal reasons: his ego.

In my mind this only makes him look worse. He's tantruming.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
So what?

Not like the UK has a shortage of billionaire investors.

Our borders our rules! Get over it!

I hope we ban trump just to piss off people like the OP further!

It seems the US has missed the memo that we no longer rely on US billions. We now have have Middle East billions, Indian billions, Chinese billions and most of the Russian Oligarchs (and their cash). Cameron is open to more co-ordination and co-operation with Russia and China. The list goes on.

Whilst i love the US, it is frankly brilliant that my nation has finally rediscovered that the rest of the world also exists and doesn't really hate us.......

ETA:

I still do not think he should be banned.
edit on 7-1-2016 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join