It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MEGADRONE big enough to carry a passenger would you ride in one?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I might ride in one.

As long as I don't have to go through another TSA body-cavity search to board the craft.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
That's pretty cool. I would try it. Though, for everyday transport, how do you manage all the traffic in the air? Also, can it be hacked?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
As long as I don't have to go through another TSA body-cavity search to board the craft.

Excellent point. What intrusive measures must we all be subjected to in order to have the privilege of riding in this?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I just had a thought. I think that these types of craft would make extremely cool high class air taxis, a fleet of these would make you a fortune after a while.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Depends on reliability. How does it perform on three/two engines if one or two pack in.?

Some sort of Parachute and i'm taking it for a spin and i dont see why the guy in the cockpit cant be in control.

It Could be fun over water at low altitude..not so much over concrete if it doesn't come with a get out of jail card for me.
edit on 7-1-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: neoholographic

Would totally have one but depends on the cost of course and whether it detects oncoming 184's and how it deals with that? It might turn away to avoid that one only to come face to face with another one and I think at that point it would need manual operation or an ejector seat like someone mentioned.

It might not turn out to be a problem...:

49 quadrocopter in outdoor-formation-flight

soulwaxer

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I want one, how much are they?

I am sick of sitting at all the red lights, just to go half a mile to the store.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

I took the yoke in a cessna 172 for the first time when I was 4 years old
I just banked a little and pitched a couple times and knew it was me making the plane do that. A year later my family flew that plane east over the cascades without knowing the plane had taken a prop strike when the other lease pilot landed it the day before.

It was checked out as okay, but the damage to the gear reduction prop system was missed, and the gears finally sheared off and the prop was just in free spin, no longer had drive to it, so we crash landed in a plowed cornfield across the plow ridges, and it set down full flaps and then nose dived after landing into a powerful "face plant" because of the plow ridges that gave everyone a bloody nose, but we all walked away

I remember thinking the propeller looked like spaghetti afterwards haha. Totalled the aircraft though. Those planes back in the early 60's had a smell to them that is hard to describe. A mixture of spearmint gum, vinyl fabric and tobacco smoke

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

MEGADRONE big enough to carry a passenger would you ride in one?

My first reaction was Hell NO! but then I thought, yeah every time I ride a Ferris wheel or rode a sky lift i am essentially doing the same thing, letting some dude or dudette far away transporting me over high places..so yeah??

edit on 8-1-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
A number of questions people asked are answered by the article.

I could see this as an 'executive taxi' taking people from one corporate building to another. It would probably be pretty expensive for just your Average Joe.

If they added flat, flexible solar paneling to all of the surfaces, it could recharge some while flying, during the day anyway.

I like how they have encryption and fail-safes built in.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: neoholographic

just IMHO - but scrap the batteries - and install turbo- electric powerpack [ a pair of 15kw gas turbines driving 2 alternators - for redundancy // emergency landing capability ]

Exactly, the reason we haven't seen these outperform conventional flying craft is because the R.and D. In two strokes has been lax. and the R. and D. in two stroke diesels is even worse. Very soon I predict this will change, because of the range per charge issue.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

and what do you do if say the radio signal cuts out or the computer messes up no controls what are you supposed to do jump out and hope you dont hit a fan maybe install a parachute device for it

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join