It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bob's Burgers Experiment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The Bob's Burgers Experiment is a cooking blog dedicated to the various delicious, mouth watering, savory foods featured in Bob's Burgers. Like many fans of the show, I want to try my hand in preparing some of these recipes in my own kitchen. The instructions look very simple and I like seeing the pictures of the finished food, makes me hungry just thinking about it.

Here's an example recipe that I think would be delicious to try out:

Hummus A Tune Burger
An all beef patty topped with home made garbanzo white bean garlic hummus and fresh roasted red peppers.

Ingredients: Ground beef 1 can white beans 1 can chick peas 1.5tsp lemon juice 1tbsp minced garlic ¼ cup olive oil 2tbsp Sesame oil (or tahini if you have it…) 1tsp black pepper 1tsp salt 2 large red peppers

Hummus Mix the beans, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, pepper, sesame oil, and salt into a food processor. Mix it until smooth

Roasted Red Peppers Cut each pepper in half, and scoop out the seeds Place in oven at 450 for 35 minutes Take out of the oven and leave covered for 20 more minutes Slice into slivers.

Burgers Cook the patties like the pro you are Bun - burger - big scoop of hummus - sliced red peppers - top bun Adding some lettuce wouldn’t be a bad idea - but I forgot to grab some at the grocer. Let’s just pretend Gene ate it all.

Recipe

I apologize if this is difficult to read here compared to the blog. Hopefully we'll be successful with these recipes.

The Bob's Burgers Experiment blog

The cookbook is now available for pre-order! Available at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.
Cookbook-Amazon
Cookbook-Barnes and Noble

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
This is one of my favorite shows, I thought I was going to hate it when I saw an ad (why do I get ads when I buy a season pass to a show? Oh...), but man do I love it. It's the perfect amount of absurdity with relatable characters.

So i don't think that the burgers are necessarily supposed to taste good if reproduced, I get the feeling Bob is sort of a burger making savant and his recipes may sound weird (and punny) but can't be duplicated by us plebs.

I'm getting way too nerdy about this huh?

Awesome find! There were a few a burgers I thought sounded like fun.

I still want Bob's burgers to be this secret recipe and you only "get it" if you eat one he made.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Yes, in the show Bob is shown to be a cooking genius. Not just hamburgers but Thanksgiving turkeys from what I can remember. I agree if Bob was real and we were able to try his cooking it would be delicious! Still these recipes are the closes to what we have in real life, and I hope they're just as tasty.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
For the MSM impaired (me), are 'Bob's Burgers' related at all to this guy?.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

No, Bob's Burgers is an animated show similar to the likes of King of the Hill, The Simpsons, and other adult themed cartoons. In my opinion Bob's Burgers is a lot like King of the Hill: Both are popular animated series influenced from daily life and the zany characteristics of average Joes.

Bob Belcher is the patriarch of the Belcher family; his wife Linda, and their three children-Gene, Louise, and Tina-all work together in their family restaurant: Bob's Burgers. Usually the Belcher family struggles to keep their business running successfully for a number of reasons like their children are usually bad at helping in the restaurant or giving out things like samples and flyers; even though Bob is a talented cook, he struggles to attract paying customers who can help his business be successful. There's a lot more to the show but I don't want to spoil anything other than the obvious of the show.

Check out this video of Gene Belcher!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Teddy916

I get where people like the show, but it's just not my thing. I watched the first season and maybe had one laugh every other episode. King of the Hill I loved and still catch every once in a while. I could relate better to it growing up as a fat kid in rural America.

The burgers look good. I have a gastropub I frequent that has a burger of the day that resemble some of those.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Teddy916
You didn't mention this guy by name in your description of the show.

That's right, folks.
His name is Teddy.
Coincidence..... I think not.
OP, are you THE Teddy?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

No one can forget Teddy! Teddy is one of my favorite characters from the show too. I just love the way he talks; like he's from the city and is chatty! Before you had cartoons like Hey Arnold, and I really liked the urban city theme of the show. Most animated shows are too suburban. After awhile everything starts to feel the same to me. I like how Bob's Burgers is set in the city compared to the traditional suburban background.

top topics

join