It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thought about intelligent life on other planets

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Please do not derail this thread. This is not a thread about whether we are being visited, we aren't.

This is a thread about whether intelligence alone would be enough for a species to leave their planet.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Please do not derail this thread. This is not a thread about whether we are being visited, we aren't.

This is a thread about whether intelligence alone would be enough for a species to leave their planet.

Oh I see now, this is a fantasy thread where you can entertain your dreams in relative safety and continued ignorance, and only allow those who follow your own lines of bias about intelligence from out among the stars.

You just derailed your own thread and showed only an acceptance of your own ignorance.

And I already illustrated that intelligence alone is all of those things, and I answered your other questions.
Being intellectually dishonest and misrepresenting what others say is your forte', not mine, I should have known better than to entertain any hope you would be open to a real discussion and not one ruled by your own illiteracy.
edit on 7-1-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

If you are too weak willed to respond on topic then leave the thread, I will not entertain your desire to drive it off topic.
edit on 7-1-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

So many factors to the question man...

said species would have to realise their planet was eventually doomed or develop the technology to prevent it

Though we as a species have only been in that general area for about...

That long?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Without advanced technology how could they even realize that? And if they did, how could a whale do anything about it if they wanted to? What could they build?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

If you are too weak willed to respond on topic then leave the thread, I will not entertain your desire to drive it off topic.

I did respond on topic and answered your original questions with supporting information to illustrate those answers.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Without advanced technology how could they even realize that? And if they did, how could a whale do anything about it if they wanted to? What could they build?

Well, at this point whales would need millions of years I guess, to develop thumbs, or something of the sort...

Telepathy or Telekinesis maybe? LOL

edit on 7-1-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Exactly, they would need to radically alter their body. How many animals on Earth, if they were as intelligent as humans, could develop a civilization like we have?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Right... that is why we are the dominate species on this planet

we own this planet... maybe?

Who is to argue that fact...

I know there's a few contenders

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Mind control!!! They could get a lesser intelligent but still very intelligent, opposable thumb weilding species to create starships for them.

Now there is a thought worthy of Douglas Adams!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

That's a sci-fi theory. It's an interesting one though. I don't know how efficient it would be, it's a possibility.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Mind control!!! They could get a lesser intelligent but still very intelligent, opposable thumb weilding species to create starships for them.

Their size is still a factor.... unless they were on a planet with lesser gravity then earth

A Water planet... but also be able to produce something that would protect them from the chaotic hell of space...

perhaps said creatures could leap off their planet and cruse around space for a bit... then return....

possibilities out there are limitless

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

It was said rather tongue in cheek, hence the Douglas Adams reference, but I quite like the idea of being mind controlled by a benevolent whale whose only other preoccupation in life is whether the plankton will taste fishy this year.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Their size is still a factor.... unless they were on a planet with lesser gravity then earth

A Water planet... but also be able to produce something that would protect them from the chaotic hell of space...

perhaps said creatures could leap off their planet and cruse around space for a bit... then return....

possibilities out there are limitless

Their planet could be much bigger, with higher gravity, as long as their comparative mass was lower, right?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Yes, which increases the degree of difficulty, but allows for it to be possible. What sea creature could be used as the workforce?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Well you might think them less benevolent when they mind controlled you into the water causing you to drown

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Counter productive and uncharacteristic of their whalish goodliness, I fear not!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Yes, which increases the degree of difficulty, but allows for it to be possible. What sea creature could be used as the workforce?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Cephalopods are the obvious choice, they got mad skillz lol.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
If we discovered life on another planet, then I expect it to be very similar to Earth. What I mean is that there would be many diverse life forms living all over the planet. I don't know if we'll find aliens who are similar to us but I would find it cool to see if there are "greys" there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join