It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Claims Chinese Moon Footage is Fake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I just saw this video on Youtube and it's interesting, though the pictures look a lot more real to me than the Apollo ones. I believe the US moon program was totally fake, but I have no idea on this Chinese rover footage and at this point am not passing any judgement, just a link.

IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads
edit on 1.7.2016 by Kandinsky because: Fixed typo, embedded video

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Wouldn't surprise me, I remember watching the Chinese "space walk" like 6 years ago, and seeing a bubble come out of the dude's suit.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Many fabrications are present in our country's space adventures. Why would we hold others to a different standard?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I'm going to say real =)

My friend as much as I respect your opinion on the Apollo programme, I just think with such a large time-frame between those pictures and this footage, it is hard to draw a comparison. You have to take into account image capturing technology and how far it has come, so there would be differences in the quality and the overall "Look" of the moon.

Saying that, I do understand that it is not just image quality you would take into account when looking at the Apollo missions, and all the info on that subject.

Nice post though, and again, not dis-respecting your opinion

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
All the video gives is suspicions based on suspicions.

Indeed, let's see a knowlegeable person analyse the direction, time, and shadows for the images shown in the video, and either confirm or debunk them. I have not seen any proof, based on the above, that shows that Chang'e images are fake.

The lander and the rover (and its tracks) have been spotted by the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter:
lroc.sese.asu.edu...
lroc.sese.asu.edu...

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Many fabrications are present in our country's space adventures.

Care to provide what was fabricated?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

I believe the US moon program was totally fake, but I have no idea on this Chinese rover footage and at this point am not passing any judgement, just a link.

And yet the US moon program was very real and those who went there can back the fact they were there...so other than this video what makes you think the Chinese haven't sent a rover to the moon?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   

just my IMHO but :

certain elements of the HBer " community " have backed themselves so far into a corner on a myriad of issues - that they cannot admit the veracity of any lunar mission

because if they do - their claims that alledgedly falsify other missions just fall apart

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I am always baffled when they say they aren't releasing photos. If the official policy that ET life doesn't exist then why all the secrecy around pictures from scientific missions?

The other thing revolves around the fake moon landing conspiracy. Do we expect Russia or China to protect that secret to help NASA? India? Japan?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Those robot voices really annoy me.

Looks real enough to me but then I do believe the U.S Moon landings happened too.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Those robot voices really annoy me.

if " he " used his own voice - NASA assasins would hunt him down and execute hum

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
To that YouTube poster everything is a conspiracy.
That's how he makes money.
Lying for profit.

The US landed on the Moon.
China landed on the Moon.
You can stick your head in the sand if you want to.
But remember the world marches by while you swallow sand.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

It's incredible, how amateurish the posited mistakes are. If you were China and wanted to fake a rover on the moon - you would look at all of the items on the 'Why the Moon Landings were faked' theory websites, and then NOT make those mistakes.
Not to mention the last major image in the video is clearly a picture of a picture, and the even blacker part is the background behind a screen.

Finally, the question for any faking theory is bigger than just imagery though. Most pressing is - where did the launch vehicle launch to? LEO and deorbit? It'd be tracked. Maybe it did do a TLI burn, in which case someone would track it. Or possibly it went onto a collision course with the moon. That could be tracked too though. And someone somewhere would notice if it's signals weren't coming from the moon. Don't forget, China, Russia, NASA, the ESA and more all have these capabilities. Or are they all in on it?

Arguably, faking any moon landing would be harder than actually doing it and convincing everyone.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This video is absolutely typical of "I don't believe it and that's all the proof I need".

Let's look at one of the dishonest claims it makes, namely that the shadow under the probe doesn't change direction or lengthin any photograph.

Firstly, it does this by presenting one still image as if it is a constant video feed and assumes we won't check.

Secondly, it's garbage. Either the person who made the video doesn't know there are sources for photos that prove him wrongm in which case his research skills are abysmal, or he does know and he's a blatant liar.

Here's is the website for China's space program:

moon.bao.ac.cn...

And here are 4 images from that page of the Chang'e-3 probe. Pay close attention to which parts of the lander are in shadow and how long the shadow is.

As for the poster who doesn't believe the lunar sky should be black, do please tell us what colour it should be. Show your workings.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
...and here's another one showing two different photos of little Yutu:

So no, the shadows are not always the same.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: onebigmonkey

[snip image]

Another thing mentioned by the robot voice in the video was the color differences between different photos of the same area.

However, that's easily explained by the fact that many (all?) of the pictures that China released were pictures of the original images on a TV monitor -- they were not the direct images. That indirect method of taking pictures will likely result in color differences among the images due to variables such as lighting, camera angle on the monitor, and monitor settings - even two versions of the same image photographed twice from a TV monitor.

That's also why the Chinese images look quite different than the Apollo images. Apollo images were directly captured on film, while the Chinese images are indirectly photographed from a TV monitor.

edit on 1/7/2016 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: onebigmonkey

Oh, so that's why the rover looks fuzzy. It's two images superimposed?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: onebigmonkey

I also noticed that the angle of the solar panels change to face the Sun. They seem to be able to pivot but not swivel. It's hard to tell with only 4 images and not being able to read Chinese.

Keep in mind a Lunar day is nearly 15 days long as one lunation is a little over 29 1/2 days.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Why would all these countries secretly be working together to fake moon landings. Because that is what it would take. Everybody would have to be in on it. Although i do not know how you fake moon rocks or the fact you can see the junk people leave on the moon.

new topics

top topics

join