It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disolve the BLM, return all lands under their management to Natives it was taken from

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
a reply to: Xtrozero

It was sarcasm. Sorry it was not obvious enough.

Oops sorry, I would assume as such but we are on ATS...lol

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

The United States is Europe's last stand lets be honest.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

edit on 10-1-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
I don't know the breakdown, this is from memory…

The Fed owns half the land in the US, the states another twenty-five percent, corporations another 1o percent, real estate 5 percent, parks and what not a further five, the people less than five percent, less than one percent of the land is up for sale at any time. Something to that effect.

You want to know why real state prices are so high?

Theres no such thing anymore as squatters rights, staking a claim or grub stake, all the land is owned, its all spoken for.

Posted, Keep Out, No Trespassing.

Signs, signs, everywhere the signs…

Yup!
And if you step foot on that "public land" you pay tax dollars with, they will find you and boot you off at best, or jail you at worst.
They want everyone caged in and dependent on them and their corporate cronies.

If the tax payers pay for it, we should be able to go hiking and camping where ever we please.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

And if you step foot on that "public land" you pay tax dollars with, they will find you and boot you off at best, or jail you at worst.
False.

Most public lands administered by BLM are open year round to public use. The public can use these lands for recreation unless the lands have been officially closed to fire danger or other emergency hazard.

www.blm.gov...

I've driven all over BLM land in eastern Oregon on hang gliding safaris (including camping). Of course, there were some places we couldn't get to because that would have meant crossing private property.

I think that BLM land which is leased to others is somewhat like private property in regard to public access. Want to try going across Bundy's ranch? Actually, I'm wrong. Lessees cannot deny access.
www.blm.gov...

edit on 1/10/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
You just won't be happy til every inch is taken by cows,corporations,and the rich. The westerner will miss the freedom of not seeing no trespassing signs all over. Like the east.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

This is not accurate. The corporation I am president of leases some BLM managed land but we do not have a right to fence it in. We lock up heavy equipment, office trailers, and such and the public can not operate on the property in the manner for which we lease it but they can access the property.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75

So which federal agency do you work for, or with? Just curious. I am guessing FBI or maybe BLM. When I say we need to dissolve the BLM I know it is not likely to happen but I can likely make my deals better directly with the tribes. Fewer middle men with bigger corporation ties.

edit on 01am2016-01-11T00:12:38-06:0012121America/Chicago12131 by machineintelligence because: errata

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

How about these videos as well

The Lost Vikings

First Americans were Black Not Indians

There are as many opinions on this subject as there are races on this planet I think.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Need to know more about this deal which queen and who was your grandfather? .
Can we have a link please?.
edit on 11-1-2016 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

So which federal agency do you work for, or with? Just curious. I am guessing FBI or maybe BLM. When I say we need to dissolve the BLM I know it is not likely to happen but I can likely make my deals better directly with the tribes. Fewer middle men with bigger corporation ties.

I clean floors for a maintenance company, called Elite Care.
Wait did I say "Elite"?

*Cues X-Files Theme*

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   

a reply to: openminded2011

How about these videos as well

The Lost Vikings

First Americans were Black Not Indians

There are as many opinions on this subject as there are races on this planet I think.

I agree, all the more reason that its ludicrous for any one group to lay claim to a piece of land. Humans have been wandering all over the planet as long as there have been humans, you just reiterated my point.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3
Like in the days of the King in England. The Kings land, off limits to the peasantry, only the King could enter there and hunt the game. The people starved.

Thus "Robbin Hood". And the stand they are making in Oregon.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
We hunt fish camp on public lands. The king are spoiled white men with too much time. These people don't work.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

The Kings are big industry, Coal, Mining, Fracking, Logging, they want it all for themselves. Eventually they will bar you from every inch of it. I thought thats what you were saying in your earlier post…

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
I agree. We have already lost public lands to private owners. Great sandy beaches that the rich bought. They live there for a couple of months, post no trespassing,gates to beach. They will take it all and we elect people who want it that way.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Yep, heard it a few times at least!

Its suprising to me how many native people arent on the Dawes Roll, and never registered with a tribe on paper. Alot of families thought it was a trick and never showed up for censuses and enrollments. Essentially just white people now, some assume they are mexican.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Appreciate you starting this thread, for those that don't know OP was super classy and realized I had gone off topic replying and started this thread for this discussion!

What happened was a complete travesty, and it's a shameful part of our past. I recognize that the ramifications and systematic mistreatment of Natives throughout the years since is still causing issues in these communities.

That being said, I completely disagree that Native Americans should be given any Federal land. I don't think there is a single people (or person alive today) that hasn't had land rob along with their rights and dignity (if looking at their ancestry). We can't just unseat the entirety of civilization as we know it to right past injustices. It wouldn't be pragmatic, and honestly at this point with all the interbreeding and lack of records flat out impossible.

I would hazard a guess that the majority of people now living in the US are occupying Native land. So should we all give it up because some ancestors are still making claims? This is going to get confusing. What if you're part native, do you get to stay, or do you have to give up all but 1/16th of your land?

Does the amount of time someone or their ancestors have been living in a certain area dictate your percent of ownership? One side of my family is easily traced over to the Mayflower, do I have more rights and privileges than a fresh immigrant? The other side of my family has only been here for 3 or 4 generations, so should I have fewer?

Does the great grandson of a slave owner owe black people a personal apology or reparations?

I truly feel for Native Americans, but I dislike the way they are romanticized on this site and in general. People act like they were content to just roam the plains peacefully and honor nature. There was a lot of war, and they hadn't evolved the same technology yet. Give them a few hundred years more and I'm betting they would have raped the Earth just like the rest of the world that had a few breakthroughs and resources.

Do you honestly think they would be better stewards to the parks if left to their own devices? I really don't. I think everything would be clear cut and all resources gutted with the excuse being "screw the white man" in a short number of years.

I think we need to do more for Native communities, because they are disasters (and it's clearly not all their fault), but we need to be realistic and quit the whole "Native Americans deserve all their land back because 400 years ago it was stolen" narrative.

I'm so looking forward to all the responses from outraged 1/64th Blackfoot Indian members.

I suppose the real solution is to ship everyone back home and leave the Natives be. So I'm going to need a few boxes. I'm Irish, Scottish, English, Belgian, German, and French. I suppose everyone of my pieces will be given a certain amount of acreage, because ancestors.

ETA: I never say this, but S&F. I may disagree with you, but this was an awesome move on your part (making sure we didn't derail) and I liked your OP. It's an interesting topic, and I'm looking forward to seeing people's opinions, even if they're wrong and disagree with me.

One.of the best written replys I have ever read. Kudos...

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

The Medicine Way is not universal to all tribes, or clans for that matter. We need not be so exclusive. Spiritual awakenings are personal and private.

We also slaughtered our own brothers...

Tonkawa Massacre

Thanks to Lenape, Osage, Shawnee, Caddo, Comanche, Kiowa, Wichita and Seminole, the Tonkawa hardly exist anymore, they never quite recovered. 137 including women children and old men.

Every culture can claim this genocide and land theft.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join