It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are these the toughest soldiers ever?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Death_Kron

You should check out the special forces training for the Philipines...their last assignment during training is to actually fight islamic jihadists in the jungle.

On my phone so I can't embed but here is the link...

youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

He already is...it doesn't need to be a hundred years from now. I imagine if the jihadists had an actual uniform it would have a patch on it showing this.

A tribute to their fallen leader.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Seriously why do all Americans think their SF soldiers are the very best in the world? I would put a rifleman from Fiji well above an American pararescue SF soldier anyday. Those Fijians are tougher then a junkyard dog.
Then have a look at Australian, New Zealand and United Kingdom SAS troopers. Those guys are hard and tough men that make USA SF soldiers look like little girls on a sunday picnic.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
KSK(translates "command special forces" germany trained with live(!) ammunition in their days, thougher then GSG-9.
However I don´t think that any special forces unit has any kind of "softies", really.

Then have a look at Australian, New Zealand and United Kingdom SAS troopers. Those guys are hard and tough men that make USA SF soldiers look like little girls on a sunday picnic.

So you can judge on them because of your vast experience?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Bhahahahaha
You have no idea of my experience. Also why wouldn't a soldier be trained with live ammunition. Are you suggesting that USA soldiers train with blanks?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Rabbit1318

So when they train to storm a building they have live ammunitions? It should be clear that I did not ment target practicing, duh.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: mazzroth

bin laden never lived in a cave until the bombing in afghanistan started, then he camped out in one for two months before going to pakistan. he lived in a primitive house made of mud and stone in the Tora Bora Mts.

Then he died of kidney failure and his funeral notice appeared in the Egyptian newspaper al-Wafd on December 26, 2001:
www.globalresearch.ca...
Everything since then has been lie after lie to perpetuate the phony war on terrorism.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
They may not be the toughest but I've always considered the troops on either side during world war 1 were the bravest.
Soldiers ranging from 15-19 years old getting told to go over the top, what would of took very large man parts

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Yes, the U.S. military does train with live ammunition both indoors and outdoors. A typical day of such training would progress from blank iterations to live (ammo) iterations. An army training with live ammo by no means makes it anywhere near elite. If anything, a force training without such would be a farce altogether.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
All the other comments say that they aren't that good but if you search them up and look at there training courses and so on you see just how amazing they are! And personally anyone who is dedicated to saving lives is a smart and brave person.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Ummm... I've trained with live ammo in shoot houses etc multiple times just in the last 3 years.

Care to guess how much military or LEO experience I have?

None at all...

I've also done extensive simunition training indoors and outdoors.

The point is,

I'm absolutely nothing special, yet I've done this type of training pretty extensively. Honestly I'm pretty sure nearly every American combat unit that rotated into and out of Afghanistan or Iraq etc did this type of training to some degree before each deployment.

This should partially answer why most Americans pretty logically assume that our spec ops guys are some of the best... We have a gun culture that runs strong and deep that's also much more widespread. It's also pretty much nothing like the buffoonish bloodthirsty uneducated mass free for all that both your media and our own portray it to be!

This translates to a much higher percentage of our high end military personnel being or becoming people of the gun.

For people of the gun it's not just a job ... We eat sleep and breathe guns, tactics, basic skills, and the whole bit.

Most of our guys get off work or off a deployment and go home and practice with personally owned gear and guns etc as a form of relaxation from the stress of doing it for a living.

If you want to delude yourself into believing that this doesn't give our spec ops units an edge....

Well I guess you can choose to believe that, we can't force you to be right.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie
well you interpret way too much into this.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: Death_Kron

You should check out the special forces training for the Philipines...their last assignment during training is to actually fight islamic jihadists in the jungle.

On my phone so I can't embed but here is the link...

youtu.be...

Embedded for you:

you can also type by hand [/yvid] when you are on your phone.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

So because I made rational and thorough comments contrary to yours I "interpret too much into this?"

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Task Force 88 is the one I think I am thinking of. They're worst case situation and special force made up of not just best American troops there is to offer, but Israel and English too.

I think to be in it need to be and top 1% of.. that's like top 1% of some best special forces on the planet.

USAF Special Tactics
Rangers
Seal Six
SAS / SBS
Delta company
Shayet 13 (sorry if wrote that wrong) and possibly maybe intelligence roles like CIA/MI6 or British top equivalent.

America always hides their "best". No doubt there's always "secret special forces" the government don't talk about until it's declassified like "Ghost Team Delta" in Vietnam Era.

Anyone know of any other deemed "secret forces" or "black ops" ? This vote may not count.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

Because Egyptian papers are accurate.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Not sure if toughest but tougher than me.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Shr00mz

MSA would be a great choice.

There are maybe a half dozen to a dozen medium to small groups you've probably never heard of that have notoriety inside the community
edit on 5-12-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
They may not be the toughest but I've always considered the troops on either side during world war 1 were the bravest.
Soldiers ranging from 15-19 years old getting told to go over the top, what would of took very large man parts

According the military historians, the greatest technological breakthrough in warfare ever is discipline. The First World War is one of the greatest single demonstrations of that discipline when applied from childhood via free schooling for all. And, literacy as standard, before the introduction of the radio, was a boom for delivering nationalistic propaganda that created the single-mind-motive required to muster that level of man-power and then feed it willingly to cannons. Terribly brave, all of them, sad that they were all so ill used. People will always fight to protect their homes and families, they shouldn't have been misled.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie

No, because you interpret way too much stuff into my post, ending with this:

If you want to delude yourself into believing that this doesn't give our spec ops units an edge.... Well I guess you can choose to believe that, we can't force you to be right.

I was making a comment, not comparing dicks and trying to argue who has the best special ops, unlike you. Quiet the opposite. That´s why I´m still saying, you interpret way too much into my post. The reason I even pointed out KSK training with live ammunition (while storming a building, while shooting at manequins) is because it´s was relayed to me as that´s not a common thing. And it has been canceled due to one member being killed in training.

edit on 8-12-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join