It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress sends health law repeal to Obama's desk for first time

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Moegotti

I did without insurance from 2008 til 2014. Maybe you should shut your mouth.

Someone's working hard right now to pay you and your kids while you fiddle away online.
You're a bottom feeder. I'd work 24 7 before I let someone pay for my failures.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moegotti

Someone's working hard right now to pay you and your kids while you fiddle away online.

Uh huh.

Unforeseen, unplanned, real life might just find you when you're not looking.

I'll be sure to turn my back on you.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moegotti

You must have never been sick. A broken arm can set you back 6-10k without insurance. Cancer...30-50k easy. Ear infections, staph infections, braces, glasses so that you can work...Then rent and food and clothes and transportation and gas and power and phone...toiletries and bedding etc.

You can afford all that? and you can actually work 24 hours a day and 7 days a week? Interesting. You'll have to lay out that plan for the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Why do you think that, because I go by Mom? I am 65, my kids are grown. The youngest just graduated from college. That is why I did without insurance for 6yrs because I could not afford premiums for the whole family. Then when the kids became independent, the insurance companies charged me too much for age and pre existing condition. I don't see how I can help aging. You know, it is a tax subsidy of $230, not cash in the mail.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Medicare doesn't take care of most insurance?

Even with the Part-B deduction?

I know there's loops and gaps, but.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I don't quialfy for another year.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: MOMof3

Medicare doesn't take care of most insurance?

Even with the Part-B deduction?

I know there's loops and gaps, but.

Medicare is very limited.

How much it covers depends on the Doctor.

If you can find a really good doctor that charges only what Medicare allows, that's awesome.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Foderalover
I had Obamacare for a year and it was cheap, 50 a month, but when I started making over 50,000 a year, it went up to 532 a month and I had to cancel. It has its perks for some people but if You make under 12,000 a year then I don't think You can get it. It did help my friend out bigtime, I signed him up and he had a major heart attack the next month. His medicine and everything was taken care of, then they cancelled it because he couldn't work and didn't make his 12000 bucks.

Imagine if everyone fought to make it work.

Instead of fought to make it fail.

Imagine if the government forced you to buy a house because you have a right to have a place to live.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

I had Obamacare for a year and it was cheap, 50 a month, but when I started making over 50,000 a year, it went up to 532 a month and I had to cancel. It has its perks for some people but if You make under 12,000 a year then I don't think You can get it. It did help my friend out bigtime, I signed him up and he had a major heart attack the next month. His medicine and everything was taken care of, then they cancelled it because he couldn't work and didn't make his 12000 bucks.

Imagine if the government forced you to buy a house because you have a right to have a place to live.

And that relates how to a program making sure everyone has medical care.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

And that relates how to a program making sure everyone has medical care.

You honestly need that spelled out?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Aaaaaaaand.....vetoed.

Link

resident Barack Obama on Friday vetoed legislation that would have repealed the Affordable Care Act and cut federal funding for Planned Parenthood. The bill goes back to the Republican-led Congress, which does not have the votes to override the veto.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join