It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress sends health law repeal to Obama's desk for first time

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I will try again.

If the problem is people without insurance, you should target that demographic. Making laws that will only effect people with insurance is dumb.

If the problem is criminals using ILLEGAL guns, you should target that demographic. Making laws that will only effect people with legal weapons is dumb.

Rather than score political points, let's actually address the issues.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Ok. If Obama signs the repeal do you know how it will affect me personally. I have hypertension, I have a daughter who has diabetes. Before obamacare I could not get affordable insurance ANY WHERE because I and my daughter were put in a pool (called pre existing conditions (the Start of David emblem we have to wear). My husband has an auto immune disease that sends him the ER regularly. I went broke on medical bills in 2008. How many times do you want people to go broke due to medical bills. $6000 deductible is possible to pay.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   

None of your posts have anything to do with what I said. I said let's not make arbitrary laws on guns that solve nothing, and let's not make stupid laws on healthcare.

Let's look at the problems, and rather than gain political points, let's actually SOLVE the issues!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Nah. You just want the conversation to go your way and call my points "political". And the thread is about repealing Obamacare. I don't really give a crap about guns. Got my rifle, happy with her.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   

You seem to have no clue what I want, as I want a single payer system. And it is all about political points. If Reagan wanted a single payer system and Repubs loved it the Democrats would have blocked it. And if the Dems who blocked it then wanted it now the Republicans who wanted it before would block it now.
edit on 7-1-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I am surprised but happy to hear that. It is the logical answer. I avoid the gun issue because the only solution for it can't be legislated. But, now the past six months, our family do not go out for recreation to public places. We may homeschool if these mass killings continue.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Exactly, legislation is not the solution. The problem is societal, and has to be tackled at it's root. Putting a bandaid on a festering wound doesn't solve anything.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

"If Reagan wanted a single payer system and Repubs loved it the Democrats would have blocked it. And if the Dems who blocked it then wanted it now the Republicans who wanted it before would block it now."

I thought about this for awhile cause I don't remember Reagan caring about the plight of ill people at all. The mental health system has not been the same since he repealed it. The capacity and technical assistance never happened as evidenced by the current mental health of the country and mass killings.

1981—President Ronald Reagan signed the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1981. This act repealed the Mental Health Systems Act and consolidated ADAMHA's treatment and rehabilitation service programs into a single block grant that enabled each State to administer its allocated funds. With the repeal of the community mental health legislation and the establishment of block grants, the Federal role in services to the mentally ill became one of providing technical assistance to increase the capacity of State and local providers of mental health services.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

It was a hypothetical. Republicans at one time wanted a similar bill to Obamacare.

Democrats have continued Reagan's path, that is why it has never been the same, both parties have destroyed it.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Moegotti

originally posted by: Blazemore2000
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Not really much on details there... I wonder why? The link that's supposed to go to their actual proposal is 404. So I ask again... got a link to an actual plan... with actual detailed proposals... that actually makes sense?

I've always been a fan of the get a job and pay for your healthcare plan.

What is your opposition to that?

It doesn't work, that's what we had. We had millions of bankruptcies due to people getting sick, and millions more who couldn't get any coverage at all due to preexisting conditions.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: MystikMushroom

not hardly,no one has paid a dime for my support or benefit, in no form or fashion so i have any connection to the U.S. government/ state government dole other than income tax and or social security, which others benefiting from my paying them and receiving right now.

in fact, i have never in my 35 years of being a legal adult have ever taken or asked for any assistance from the government, even though i have been eligible several times.

never have, never will, until i reach 65, then i can start drawing what i paid in.

Umm, just making the reply you made required the use of network infrastructure paid for by the government, roads paid for by the government, and electricity paid for by the government.

Lets not even get into the water lines and such which make your employment viable so that you can pay for the internet to have a computer and reply.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

see last my reply to shroom, i pay taxes, so i pay my dues every month on the phone or cable bill. it is not the same.
that's what those taxes are for. i bitch about those taxes to.
technically those that don't work,and are on the government dole are taking that for free to.

edit on 7-1-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Passing gun laws to save people compared to killing millions by locking them out of health care system. That is what it is in america when you don't have insurance, like being forced to wear the Star of David. Or you have cooties or something.

Repealing the monster abortion called Obamacare is an act of compassion to those who need healthcare. Obamacare locks millions of people into a prison system that punishes people who need healthcare, not helps people who need healthcare.

And repealing it does not let insurance companies off the hook for anything, they would still have to honor any and all current contracts.
Obamacare is a complete joke and an insult to anyone who actually needs medical care.

And there isn't any gun laws being proposed that could or would save anyone from anything. The only thing it does is make the gullible and the naive think our corrupt self serving officials are doing something about gun crimes, and they clearly are not. What they are doing is causing more people to be at risk of becoming victims of gun crimes when they moronically pass laws like gun free zones in schools, so serial killers will think no one will shoot back at them when they go shoot up a school.
What our officials need is a mandatory horse whipping and ass kicking law, or common law to force them by legal and physical altercation to comply with logic, reason, and common sense, not fake or "Faux" logic, reason, and common sense like they hope you will believe when they tell you things that even a little baby would know is ridiculous.

Just yelling at a Senator nowadays can get you criminally charged with a class C felony.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

So did I dream that before obsmacare I could not afford the almost 800 a month because of my hypertension and age. Now I have insurance for 341 per month. Why would I want to go back to a punitive pool with other rejects?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

So did I dream that before obsmacare I could not afford the almost 800 a month because of my hypertension and age. Now I have insurance for 341 per month. Why would I want to go back to a punitive pool with other rejects?

You are an exception to the Obamacare rule if you are getting a good deal now. Wait until something really really dire happens and then see if you get help. You will be thrown under the Obama Bus like so many already past.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I already went broke under the old system in 2008 with medical bills. $6000 deductible wont bankrupt me.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
So first thing on the Republicans agenda for 2016 is to try to repeal obamacare for yet another time? Isn't this like the definition of insanity?

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result?

That's not the definition of insanity, but point taken.

Passing this law, providing millions to the insurance companies, was insanity. If you bothered to read it you would agree that it's a pile of crap. I'm guessing just like all the people that voted for it you didn't bother to read it.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

You must be real proud having others subsidize your life. Maybe you shouldn't have such a large family or spend so much time online if you can't afford your own healthcare ?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Moegotti

I did without insurance from 2008 til 2014. Maybe you should shut your mouth.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Without healthcare insurance, I'd go bankrupt this year. I'm really happy that so many of you are so rich and/or healthy that you don't need health insurance. It must be a magic republican thing? You become a republican and you all of a sudden don't get sick or need health insurance? My goal is to be as wealthy as you guys, but it's taking longer than I thought. Wow. Just the deductibles the last couple of weeks are straining my finances.

If the health problems my family is having now would have happened six years ago when we actually couldn't afford any health insurance and we were praying for something like ObamaCare to help cover us and praying that nobody got sick. We got lucky. We would have been homeless and bankrupt and some of us would have died for sure.

This is why I HATE these repeal Obama care threads/articles/congressmen. How can you repeal without a replacement and without some kind of safety net for those that can't afford insurance and healthcare?

I get that most of you don't want to help any of your fellow citizens-every family for itself, but for the rest of us we like having a police force and an army and public education and roads without potholes and bridges across rivers and knowing that we won't be left to die if get sick because of the corrupt healthcare corporations that have jacked up the prices so high that we even need to have these discussions.

Shaking my head. Hope you guys don't get sick this year after losing health insurance!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join