It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO chases plane in Brazil. Famous actor aboards films everything.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

Since when is a "actor" credible

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: deadcatsrule

I think he is credible in the sense that he needs to keep a good public image. If he goes around faking UFO sights he will be more known for that than his actual work, and he will have no credibility whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorsen

Did not seem to hurt Reagan's credibility
as a actor or as a politician
science.howstuffworks.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
That's not a star! Stars are balls of light. This thing appeared crystalline in nature and was constantly changing shape. It reminded me of a character in the original 1982 Tron film.

When the main character Flynn starts driving a wrecked Recognizer a small orb appears from the vehicle to monitor his progress. Flynn calls it a Bit because all it can say is yes or no. The Bit changes shape similar to the UFO in Brazil.

edit on 6-1-2016 by lostinspace because: Changed name from Tron to FLynn

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: deadcatsrule

It's not like Reagan faked a UFO Youtube video though. Fake UFO youtube videos are a whole new level of ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Its a flying swastika ! zee Germans are back !

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: InMyShell
a reply to: voyger2

A lot of silly points made by people trying to debunk this.

First a pilot would know if it was a star or planet.

originally posted by: JimOberg
Pilots report celestial objects as UFOs, sorry to surprise you....

Can a kind passing stranger direct this young man to a basic course in UFO misperceptions 101?

I think a good start would be reading some of your research about pilot misperceptions, plus what J Allen Hynek's research showed about the fact that pilots often identified astronomical objects as UFOs. No there's no guarantee that pilots will recognize every star and planet as such. They are pilots, not astronomers.

originally posted by: Frocharocha
Besides that, the pilot comments it's not a star, because the object actually moves (you can't see that because the video quality is kinda crap, and it's night.)
Stars and planets do appear to "follow" an airplane, so the appearance of such movement doesn't mean it's moving, such movement can be an optical illusion.

Maybe it is moving but the witnesses saying it is is not very convincing of that with such a bad video.

originally posted by: lostinspace
That's not a star! Stars are balls of light. This thing appeared crystalline in nature and was constantly changing shape. It reminded me of a character in the original 1982 Tron film.
It's very likely a star or planet in my opinion, but the truth is we can't tell what it is and your reason for ruling out a celestial object shows a vast lack of knowledge about photography. It's quite common to get artifacts from videos that look nothing like the object being videoed, especially under these conditions.

originally posted by: roadgravel
The moon was overhead, Venus (on horizon) and Scorpius to the SW, Altair to the NW.
So is Venus a possibility do you think?

edit on 201617 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I don't think this deserves as much attention as it's receiving, TBH. It's most likely Venus or another celestial body. It's not doing anything out of the ordinary and the footage is so poor that even if it was it would be impossible to prove anything.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Not sure how it's "chasing".
Interesting but it could be a star. Being its filmed through glass doesn't provide much clarity
It's not helpful with them speaking Portuguese and they don't appear to be panicked, excited or displaying any emotion at all.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thetical
I don't think this deserves as much attention as it's receiving, TBH. It's most likely Venus or another celestial body. It's not doing anything out of the ordinary and the footage is so poor that even if it was it would be impossible to prove anything.

Why doesn't it deserve the attention? When a famous actor posts a video he shot of a UFO (it's not yet been identified, so it technically is still a UFO) of course it is going to gain attention.

If the object was perfectly clear, it would be tagged as a total CGI fake. Because it is blurry and indiscernible, it's Venus.

How do you know it is Venus or some other celestial body? What proof do you have?

Gees, what the heck has happened to ATS?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
giggiddy....lolol thanks for that laugh
and i happen to be fluent in one but not so much the other, but they are indeed 'trippin' on that airballon stuck in the dark webs

a reply to: Baddogma

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Hi,
heading is west (the arrow, at the top left, gives North)

Just after night fall, Venus was 254° azimut (so almost West), 3.85 magnitude (very bright) and low on the horizon for 3 hours (then lost under horizon).

Here is Stellarium map of the sky for 10/13/2013, time is around 10 pm. Note "O" means Ouest/West:

This is an absolutly perfect match if the sighting was made between 9:30 (nightfall) and 0:30 (Venus under the horizon).
edit on JanuaryThursday078 by Fl078 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   
yer saying this is more interesting than most ufo sightings? really? what's so great about another fuzzy light with a black background? and with nothing to contrast it with as far as background or some kind of visual context it is no different than most ufo sightings. so what if the guy is a famous actor? it doesn't help the credibility and actually makes it more suspicious.

a reply to: Frocharocha

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   
The entire country of Brazil has embraced the UFO meme. So a Brazilian actor makes a video in a cockpit (made for TV) of a UFO. Haven't watched the video and based on comments here I don't need to. I'll chalk it up as a Brazilian version of reality TV.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Not sure how it's "chasing".
Interesting but it could be a star. Being its filmed through glass doesn't provide much clarity
It's not helpful with them speaking Portuguese and they don't appear to be panicked, excited or displaying any emotion at all.

As for them displaying emotion, I can tell you that based on what they are saying, even though they are not panicking or super excited or anything, that they are indeed interested in what it is and seem to be reacting accordingly. They also never mention in the video that they think it's an alien craft or anything, in fact by the way the pilot speaks he even sounds a little skeptical, calling it a "pretty phenomenon" and only saying that it doesn't look like a star.

I for one think it's some kind of optical illusion, but in my opinion the video itself has credibility.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
How do you know it is Venus or some other celestial body? What proof do you have?

Gees, what the heck has happened to ATS?

Venus would have been very bright and in the same direction that the plane was heading on that night, so why discount Venus?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fl078
Hi,
heading is west (the arrow, at the top left, gives North)

Just after night fall, Venus was 254° azimut (so almost West), 3.85 magnitude (very bright) and low on the horizon for 3 hours (then lost under horizon).

Here is Stellarium map of the sky for 10/13/2013, time is around 10 pm. Note "O" means Ouest/West:

This is an absolutly perfect match if the sighting was made between 9:30 (nightfall) and 0:30 (Venus under the horizon).

Wow dude. Nice find dude,

I also found an explanation on why UFO videos at night are so crappy.

Taking shots in the dark and in higher heights can cause the ISO camera to take pictures in terrible qualities.

Regular commercial cameras CMOS don't work well with little light.

A Camera is not like the human eye which perceives high brightness variations in the dark.

Despite the human eye being able to see most of the time stars during the night, high distanced objects are troublesome for regular cameras, causing low quality pixeled-images resulting most of the time in blur images.

If u do not leave the camera with a high exposure time, not a single star will appear, not to mention the fact that keeping the shutter open will generate trail or poor quality.

UFOS are better filmed during the day.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

originally posted by: Thetical

Why doesn't it deserve the attention? When a famous actor posts a video he shot of a UFO (it's not yet been identified, so it technically is still a UFO) of course it is going to gain attention.

If the object was perfectly clear, it would be tagged as a total CGI fake. Because it is blurry and indiscernible, it's Venus.

The 'proof' would be in comparing the azimuth of Venus to the azimuth of the light. But the reliable witness omits this crucial datum.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Fl078

Nice work Fl078 , star for your effort.

edit on 7-1-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join