It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO chases plane in Brazil. Famous actor aboards films everything.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
what's so interesting about it?

a reply to: Cobaltic1978

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

Forget credible people repprting, forget credible pilot, forget credible radar, forget credible plane... forget evidence! after that is not amazing, of course.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Bottom line here is that we have a nocturnal light. It's fuzzy, indistinct, and ultimately doesn't give us much to go on. It does not appear on radar, so what might that tell you? A reflection, perhaps? I don't see this as something to get particularly excited about.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: bottleslingguy
what's so interesting about it?

a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Video evidence with credible witness and at least some proof that it did happen, unlike most UFO encounters and sightings.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
It does not appear on radar, so what might that tell you? A reflection, perhaps?

Or the object was out of the radar's range.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Until confirmed otherwise, it's a light in the atmosphere that trained pilots could not identify.

It may very well have a logical terrestrial explanation, so far that has not been forthcoming.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
a reply to: Frocharocha

This NOT amazing.. this is the reason
so many of us have lost interest in UFO'S

Blurry light... No reference point... light in the sky..
misleading headline...nope,nope,nope..
just no point!!!

Soooo many lose interest because UFO's don't set down beside them and hold up a photo opp now sign?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
a reply to: rigel4

Forget credible people repprting, forget credible pilot, forget credible radar, forget credible plane... forget evidence! after that is not amazing, of course.

I don't know any of those people in the video. Are they credible?

Plus, what exactly did they themselves say? Is ArMaP still around for him to translate from Portuguese for us? I realize ArMaP is from Portugal and not Brazil, but I suppose he would be able to translate Brazilian Portuguese.

The reason I want a translation is because the written information (i.e., that the UFO was chasing the plane) does not match what I visually see in the video (i.e., that the object was out the front windscreen of the plane throughout the entire video).

edit on 1/6/2016 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
For those claiming it's a star, don't forget that actually there is a captain (pilot) flying that plane .. certainly he must know what a star looks like...

I have listen to the conversation between the pilot and the actor and they were indeed talking about the anomaly/lght that was "flying" right beside them...

Pilots report celestial objects as UFOs, sorry to surprise you.

Isn't ANYBODY curious about BASIC observational info like azimuth of the light, elevation above the horizon, airplane flight number and location and heading...

You can't even START to assess a case like this without that data, without it you might as well be picking your nose.

originally posted by: InMyShell
a reply to: voyger2

A lot of silly points made by people trying to debunk this.

First a pilot would know if it was a star or planet.

Can a kind passing stranger direct this young man to a basic course in UFO misperceptions 101?

edit on 6-1-2016 by JimOberg because: add quote

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I'm Brazilian as well, I can try and translate some parts, if anyone wants.
For instance, what the pilot says at 1:09 is this:

"In reality, we are seeing something that is different. Doesn't look like a star, it looks really like something we are not identifying. It was observed now by Rio control, they said that there is no traffic in this region. It's odd, but it's a pretty phenomenon. We noticed that there is a change in the intensity of the light. Very interesting."

"Não mas na realidade, nós estamos vendo alguma coisa que está diferente. Não parece uma estrela, parece ser realmente alguma coisa que nós não estamos identificando. Aí foi observado agora com o controle Rio, que falou que não há tráfego nessa região. É estranho, mas é um fenômeno bonito, né. Nós notamos que existe uma mudança de intensidade da luz. Muito interessante."
edit on 6-1-2016 by Thorsen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorsen

Obrigado!!

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

You now what bothers me.. These countries who proudly announce to disclose their UFO files. The only thing they do not disclose is all the footage of their jetfighters that got scrambled because an ufo is entering heir airspace. These fighters carry a guncam or other camera to record their encounters.

If I am right there must be recordings of in focus clear to see spaceships of which the occupants are in some cases to be seen. Can you imagine watching a jetfighter recording of an ufo the size of three football fields with all pride and might?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

De nada
. I can translate other parts of the video if anyone is interested too.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Is there a mention of the time of day, other than it is after dark on the 12th?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

No, not in the video, at least.

I was, however, able to find an interview by Globo with the actor about the incident:

ego.globo.com...

He says that "The light stayed with us for a while. When we changed route, they would change it too. And, later, it disappeared at a very high speed."

Too bad he didn't record the object disappearing though, that would've probably been more telling than the entire video.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This could have been shot in a flight simulator. The light could be something they staged outside the cockpit windows.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorsen

He says that "The light stayed with us for a while. When we changed route, they would change it too. And, later, it disappeared at a very high speed."

Too bad he didn't record the object disappearing though, that would've probably been more telling than the entire video.

Do we know the flight number, or the start/stop points of the flight?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

"I It was observed now by Rio control, they said that there is no traffic in this region.

Good work there.

Now, when you say observed by traffic control, do you mean TC saw it visually, or that they looked at radar and observed nothing, or did see something on their radar, when there should be no traffic?
edit on 6-1-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kaiju
This could have been shot in a flight simulator. The light could be something they staged outside the cockpit windows.

Honestly, I don't see why he would want to fake something like this. He is a famous actor here in Brazil, I don't think he'd want people to know him for faking some UFO video, that would be bad for his image.

originally posted by: JimOberg

Do we know the flight number, or the start/stop points of the flight?

No, they don't mention any specifics of the flight, only they left from Rio heading to Campinas.

originally posted by: smurfy

"I It was observed now by Rio control, they said that there is no traffic in this region.

Good work there.

Now, when you say observed by traffic control, do you mean TC saw it visually, or that they looked at radar and observed nothing, or did see something on their radar, when there should be no traffic?

It seems that what he meant was that the TC did not see any traffic in the region on their radar.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I looked at a sky map for the date at 9pm for a spot midway. The flight should have been headed west.
Between Rio de Janeiro SBJR and Campinas, SBKP. I am assuming departure and arrival order.

The moon was overhead, Venus (on horizon) and Scorpius to the SW, Altair to the NW.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join