It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Man reportedly wearing body armor, taking photos of schools is shot dead

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:25 AM
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner
While wearing this jacket, will you be photographing a childrens school? And if the police were called and approached you, would you run while carrying what looks to be a real and functioning firearm?

See, context is everything, so please do not try to lighten the impact of this by leaving out key details. I too have a vest, for fishing, that I use for photography purposes since it has a lot of pockets. However, I choose my subjects based upon common logic. If I were to wish to photograph someone's private property, I would (and have) asked their permission first to assure that I would not have the police called and need to explain to them. I also would not be carrying anything that in all appearances to be a functioning firearm either.

In saying this, am I condoning the actions of the police here in killing this man? No, not at all. Only stating that when common sense protocols are ignored, you will be responsible for explaining them if asked. And, if you run, while carrying a firearm, then struggle with the police, is it any wonder the outcome is what it seems it was in this case?

We must keep in mind we have only heard one side of the story thus far, that of the police. I still await any video, independent video if possible, before jumping to any wild conclusions.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:04 PM
a reply to: machineintelligence

The police used to wait and were more defensive.

That changed after Columbine.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:26 PM
This all sounds suspicious but in the context of the possibility that this guy may have had the idea of attacking the school( casing it out) makes some sense of the story

Otherwise I would want to know why they started to fight with this person

Did he threaten the police?

Did he have a gun?

Why did he run?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:38 PM

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Don't run from the police...

That's right isn't it?

That's what everyone says in every other thread, isn't it?

Neither should you ever turn towards them while holding an object.

Neither should you "walk with a purpose" in their general direction.

Neither should you look them in the eye with an intense stare.

Neither should you pull out your wallet without first telling them you are pulling out your wallet.

Neither should you make any sudden movements.

If you see a cop, just fall to the ground in a fetal position and scream "PLEASE DON'T KILL ME PLEASE DON'T KILL ME"

Because that's the state of law enforcement in the United States. When do we reach the point when the populace can collectively agree that it's the cops who are the problem, and not the innocent citizens going about their daily lives? Because I for one don't like the state of things as they are.

<< 1  2  3   >>