It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man reportedly wearing body armor, taking photos of schools is shot dead

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

It's good advice but what is your point?

It's good advice if you insist on living in Judge Dread universe.
I'm of the belief that someone running from police has the right to be caught fair and square and given a speedy trial if an infraction is committed.

Secondly I had no point really, but you should look up Poe's Law.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

He did have what appears to be small arms?? if true then yeah suicide by cops.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I watched the live press conference and that info came from that. Airsofts now have that orange end, but paint it black or I think the older ones were identical to the real things.

I'd say the Police were justified in their actions. They mentioned one officer was hurt.

One thing that bothered me is one reporter asked about the race of the officers. Media has sunk to a new low.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Nice comforter.

Is that an MP5 on the top?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
It seems to me these airsoft rifles and pistols are too easy to appear as real weapons. Given the designs, having an orange tip, or even if the entire thing was orange is too easy to modify by removing or painting it black. I remember long ago, as a kid, water pistols would only come in colored plastic, were not 1:1 scale, and were easy to distinguish from real pistols.

That said, I still do not think we are hearing the entire story here regarding the chase and take down. I await someone revealing a cellphone video of it that might differ from the official story.

That could be good or bad, depending upon your perspective.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

You do know that according to the USCIS that Syrians, and Iraqi's are considered Caucasian i.e. white.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

No idea. That was an image I found online that showed a good collection. I've never had an interest in Airsoft guns and my experience is with hunting rifles and bear protection.

It's easy to see how most anyone would think they were seeing the real thing. That and taking photo's around schools in a homemade vest and it's easy to see how he got himself shot.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

How is any police shooting justified? Do folks no longer have the right to a trial? Do the police count as a jury? Lets pretend they do, the death penalty was abolished in Illinois on March 9 2011.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Where is the body cam video?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I've never seen the weapon as the problem and its the person with a weapon that matters. Inanimate objects pose no risk.

I still do not think we are hearing the entire story

Why? Because it did not match what you hoped it would be?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
UPDATE:
Police: Man killed by cops in Zion had BB gun, wore tactical-style vest

Lake County State's Attorney Mike Nerheim ruled Howell's shooting justified, saying investigators determined that Howell had a gun in his hand and turned toward the officer just before he was shot, contentions that authorities said were supported by video of the incident.

So......there's video of the event???

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

As of next Friday they will be required to wear them.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ApparentlyStupid

OK. Lets say I'm pointing a gun at you, wearing a vest and acting crazy. Do you shoot me or let me shoot you or maybe just let me leave and kill some children or innocent bystanders? Remember if you are wrong you are dead or some children may be killed because you did not shoot me. If they are, it is your fault.

You have a fraction of a second to decide. Snap your fingers, and that's more time than you have to decide.

The police deal with that often. How well would you do? Would your inaction kill innocent people when you could have stopped it? Its all on your head remember, you make the choice.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Do the circumstances matter? He ran from the cops. You do that, you forfeit your right to trial and your life. Right?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

I still do not think we are hearing the entire story

Why? Because it did not match what you hoped it would be?

I have not developed an opinion as of yet. What in anything I said makes you think that. Other than, we do NOT have the entire story to this point. What about making that observation is a claim of anything in your mind?

I suggest a bit of internal reflection would be in order for you at this point.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I won't pretend their job is easy, but they know what they are signing up for. Training seems to be the real issue here, claiming to be in a stressful scenario doesn't justify anything. Our own military manages to train our soldiers just fine, they have extremely strict rules of engagement that dictate when they can and cannot engage the ENEMY. When did the common criminal get classified as the enemy, a common criminal is a civilian with rights. Often those pesky rights are "inconvenient' but as soon as you deny your fellow citizen of his rights you jeopardize your own. Would you like a fair trial? I sure would! How can we justify denying anyone in America a fair trial? I certainly don't condone the actions of the man with his toy airsoft gun, but I do believe giving him a fair trial protects you and me from tyranny. It's not fun but it's true.
edit on 6-1-2016 by ApparentlyStupid because: grammar

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

That said, I still do not think we are hearing the entire story here regarding the chase and take down. I await someone revealing a cellphone video of it that might differ from the official story.

It seemed to me you assumed what the police were saying was wrong somehow and I was just wondering what that was based on? What made you think they were not giving an accurate account?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ApparentlyStupid

I'm not sure you are picking the right case here to make that point.

Those guns look real.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

It seemed to me you assumed what the police were saying was wrong somehow and I was just wondering what that was based on? What made you think they were not giving an accurate account?

Its not like the police have ever falsified a report now is it .....

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Do you think that is the case here? If so, why exactly?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join